Chapter 10

UNDECIDED

Lisa’s eyes where wide open… she can feel her own heart stop as she watched the blonde girl grip her chest painfully, her normally beautiful face was contorted as her eyes looks at her directly. “L-Lisa..” she heard her call her name it’s almost like a whisper but she heard it out loud.. Tears starts to come out on her own eyes as she run towards the woman. 


“No… NO!” The doctor can only shout as she saw her collapse on the floor. Her own chest tightens knocking off the air remaining on her lungs. She let out painful sobs as she cannot find the strength to move her body anymore. She felt her knees gave up pulling her down on the ground her eyes never left the woman now laying few steps from her, her shaking hand tried to reach her… she have to hold her. 


Lisa woke up with cold sweat and tears on her face... She abruptly sat down on her bed as she squeezed her eyes shut and ran her hands on her face. She can still feel her breathing is quicker than the normal, she never thought she’s still capable of feeling like this... it’s been a while since she felt this afraid. 

●●●

“You look like a mess” Jennie said as she eyed her from their shared kitchen. 

Lisa gave her a dirty look “Good morning to you too.” 


The shorter woman just ignored her sarcasm and gave her a cup. “Looks like sleeping around already take toll on you Manoban. Really, you look awful” She said as she pour the black coffee for her. 


“Give me a break, I just woke up you jerk.” Lisa mumbled, as she take the steaming coffee. “And I’m not sleeping around, I haven’t been getting any lately.” 


Jennie raised her brow as she look at her roommate “well that’s new.. Are you sick?” 


Lisa glared at her friend.. 

“You better not be.. I don’t want you spreading your disease in the OR” Jennie said unbothered. “Just saying” 


“I’m ok.. I’m just sick of you” 


“Yeah.. Cool.” Jennie gave her a smirk. “I’m sick of you too” 


Sometimes she wonder why are they even friends to begin with, she almost gagged when she remember that she used to like Jennie.. The hell what is she thinking back then, she can’t even stand her now.


“Seriously? What’s bothering you?” Jennie asked her in a worried voice.

Lisa shook her head she honestly don’t know what is her problem either. She’s been lacking sleep because of stupid dreams.. Ever since she had that conversation with Jisoo’s sister she always had this gnawing feeling that she can’t put a name on. And that was what? 3 days ago?


“Lis..” Jennie called her back from her thoughts. “What are you thinking?” 


Lisa sighed “Just hospital stuffs … nothing important” 


The other girl was about to say something when her phone rang. Jennie took the phone call and quickly exit the kitchen just to return back with her keys and coat. 


“I’ll go ahead first.. Seulgi have an emergency situation at home she cannot make it today.” Lisa perked up when she heard their other friend’s name. The first thing that comes to her mind is Chaeyoung who is her patient. 


“Is there any problem with her patients?” Jennie just shrugged her shoulders “I don’t know-“


"Wait I will come with you..” Lisa cut her and rushed on her room, leaving her puzzled friend behind. 

●●●

Chaeyoung watched her window from her bed, seems like the weather is great outside...
it’s been 3 days and she never step a foot outside her room, her sister is so relieved that she never breach her securities anymore. Well at least Jisoo is happy… 


“Penny for your thoughts?” Jisoo walked toward her bed side with a plateful of fruits.. “Are you hungry?” 


The blonde girl just smiled at her sister and shook her head, before looking back at the window again. 


“Chaeyoung ah.. “ the older called her sister again, as she was awfully silent lately and she’s beginning to worry. 


“The weather is beautiful outside unnie..” the girl said softly. 


Jisoo look at the window and nodded.. “I guess it is..” 


“When is the last time you go for a walk other than going for work?” Chaeyoung inquired still not removing her eyes on the window. 


Jisoo gave a small laugh “I can’t remember.. I just divide my time in the office and here with you.” 


“Aren’t you lonely? It must be sad for you..” Chaeyoung look at her sister at last. “Surely you have alot places that you want to go.. But instead you just work and go here if you’re not in the office” 


Jisoo gave a thinking expression. “No, not really.. I don’t want to go anywhere either” 


“You’re kidding..”


 “No I’m not.. I love my work and at the end of the day I love to go home and be with you” Jisoo gave her a cheesy smile. 


“Seriously.. You will be an old maid with that kind of answers.” The younger said in a disapproving tone. “Why don’t you go on a date? Spend time with your friends? or go on a vacation?” 


Jisoo just chuckled as she nudge a slice of mango to her sister’s mouth. “This one is your favorite.”


Chaeyoung pouted but accepted the food. She sadly look down on her lap as she chew her food. “What’s wrong? You don’t like it?” Jisoo asked worriedly. 


“I’m sorry Unnie..” the younger muttered, in times like this “Eh? For what?” 


“For holding you back..” 


Jisoo gave her sister a concerned look.. “Oh no.. Rosie.. You’re not-“ 

“But I am.” The girl look back to her sister.


“Chaeyoung ah…” 


“There’s more to life Unnie.. Not just the company, not just me..” the blonde girl held her sister’s hand. “You can take a walk outside and enjoy the sun.. or date someone and fall in love.” She smiled at the thought. “You can go anywhere you want..” 


Jisoo just stared at her sister silently.. 


“I want you to live your life Unnie. make the best out of it.. Because that’s what you deserve, the best life.” 


Jisoo felt choked up as she pulled the younger girl in a hug. She doesn’t know why but her little sister is not the one who will talk this way.. She closed her eyes as she lay her cheeks on her sister’s head. 


“Why are you talking like this?” 


The other girl hugged her back.. “Because I love you.. I hope you know that.” 


Jisoo's tears fell from her closed eyes upon hearing her sister’s words. “I know.. I love you too.”

She gave her sister a kiss in the head before leaning down on her eye level and hold her sister’s face. 
“That’s why always remember.. My best life needs to have you in it. You’re the only one who makes it complete” 

 


A/N 

Hi thank you guys for reading..^^ 

I appreciate your all your comments and votes.. I'm glad to made the time to give me those, thank you! 

Special thanks to Wapaniie for the amazing posters! Please check out her works and support her too ok?^^ 

Till next time!

-Rukia♡