Chapter 2: Something Like Kismet

Amongst Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Amongst Us
Main Pairing: Minatozaki Sana and Myoui Mina
Disclaimer: I do not own TWICE, JYPE, etc. Only the story.

“I stand still with my head full of thoughts.

Don’t know if I’m doing the right thing”

Chapter 2: Something Like Kismet

 

Mina is preoccupied with cooking when Sana finally goes out of her room. She was sure Mina heard the door opened then closed but the dark-haired woman didn’t bother to turn around and face her. Sensing the rising tension between them, she walked closer and leaned on the kitchen counter just a couple of feet away from where Mina’s back is facing her.

 

Sana audibly cleared as the feeling of awkwardness increased by just standing there staring at Mina’s back.

 

“Mina,” Sana started in a wary tone, “Why are you here?”

 

Mina didn’t even glance, she just kept her focus on the food she’s cooking. But after a painfully awkward moment, Mina finally spoke.

 

“Let me finish and we’ll talk.”

 

Sana was surprised, she felt like Mina is the one who owns the apartment, well technically, she doesn’t own it either but she had been living there for a long time now and then someone showed up and suddenly became in charge.

 

Sana brushed her messy hair with her fingers. It’s morning and Sana had a rough night so she just ignored it and settled on the comfort of her sofa. She sat crossed-legged and flopped on the armrest. She stared at Mina’s side profile sternly.

 

Sensing that someone is looking at her, Mina glanced to where Sana is sitting, quite caught the other woman’s eyes, she then reverted her eyes back to the stove.

 

“Stop staring at me.” She calmly called out.

 

Sana furrowed her brows, beginning to be annoyed at the other woman’s tone, “You used to like it.” She shrugged.

 

“Stop.” Mina’s voice is as cold as ice as she looked at Sana pointedly.

 

“Well, atleast that got your attention,” Sana pouted, “I am confused as why my ex, emphasis on the ‘ex’ is cooking inside my apartment like she lives he—” Sana stopped talking when she caught sight of the boxes neatly stacked up just beside the door.

 

Realization struck her and she abruptly stood up and pointed at Mina with wide eyes.

 

“You! You’re my roommate?!” Sana practically raised her voice a little, reaction a little comical.

 

Mina had to avert her eyes from Sana back to the stove, as internally, she wanted to smile from Sana’s reaction, she must admit, she kinda missed that.

 

Not looking at Sana, she whispered, “You may have changed the color of your hair and you may have grown a little taller than me, but you haven’t really changed, Sana.”

 

Sana frowned and she asked in response, “Should I be offended?” she stopped and added, “You don’t really know me.”

 

Lacking the response she wanted, Sana asked again, “Why are you so calm about this? You must have been mad at me.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter