Chapter 3 - The Little Things

Amongst Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Amongst Us
Main Pairing: Minatozaki Sana and Myoui Mina
Disclaimer: I do not own TWICE, JYPE, etc. Only the story.

“I've been reading books of old, the legends and the myths.

The testaments they told, the moon and its eclipse.”

Chapter 3: The Little Things

 

Sana abruptly woke up and gasped for air forcefully like it’s her first time to breathe after a long time. She surveyed her surroundings in panic.

 

“I didn’t die?” Sana questioned herself, “How am I still alive?”

 

As Sana tried to recall the last moments before she out, she winced when the feeling on her body is slowly coming back. She looked at her midsection to assess the injury but was surprised that the deep gash has slightly healed, though still wounded nevertheless, it doesn’t appear to be that life-threatening anymore.

 

Finally acknowledging the darkness of her surroundings and realizing that it’s already night-time and she might have been lying there for hours, she moved her body to stand up and in the process, she noticed something glowing beside her.

 

Sana smiled as her grandmother’s voice resounded in her head again after a long time, “A Kappa will definitely die when the water on its sara has been dried out. If ever you are put in that situation, immediately refill it and the creature will forever be in your debt.”

 

The Kappa that she saved had also saved her life from what she thought as her last.

 

Sana parked her car in her now shared apartment’s garage and the exhaustion is finally catching up to her.

“Another night of wanting to just drop dead on my bed after a refreshing hot bath.” Sana whispered into the night.

 

Sana grimaced at the lack of control with her body, she’s basically dragging her feet just to move and a sharp pain will shoot through her stomach every time she tried to make big movements.

 

“The last thing I need right now is to have an encounter with my new roommate.” Sana chuckled a bit at the thought of admitting to accepting Mina as her roommate.

 

Seeing as there’s no light seeping from under the door, she let out a small sigh of relief that she has been holding in throughout her journey from her car to her apartment. Sana unlocked the door and peeked through it first and when she saw that there’s no one in the living room, she went inside, locked the door and practically ran straight to the bathroom like a little kid running away from an imaginary monster after turning the lights off.

 

“Phew!” Sana sighed as she leaned in the bathroom’s door. She paused a little from the sudden pain when she started to remove her top.

 

“Sata...Sana?”

 

Sana stopped in her tracks and tensed when she heard a soft voice at the other side of the door, a soft voice that she knew too well that almost called her Satang. And only one person calls her that.

 

“Sana, is that you?”

 

“Yes, it’s me Mina, who else would it be?” Sana answered her roommate sarcastically, “Why are you still awake by the way?”

 

“I sent you a message if you are going home tonight but you didn’t respond so I didn’t know if I should wait or just go to sleep,” Mina’s soft voice is hauntingly beautiful through Sana’s ears, “I’m new here and I don’t know how you do things here and I wasn’t able to sleep so…”

 

There it is again, the lingering awkward silence between them.

 

“Uh, I didn’t notice, I was busy. And about that, there are times that I’ll go home late and there are times that I need to go out in the middle of the night but you don’t have to mind it too much, it’s just work stuff,” Sana answered as softly as she can to make it comforting to the other woman, “And don’t worry, it’s safe here, no one will murder you here if that’s what you’re worried about.” Sana added with a bit of a chuckle and Mina clearly heard it.

 

Mina frowned at Sana’s teasing, “It’s not what I’m worried about but since you’re back home, I can sleep now.”

 

Light footsteps can be heard going away from the bathroom door.

 

“The feeling of someone waiting for me to come back home huh,” Sana thought to herself, “I kinda like the idea of that.”

 

“Good morning Sana-yaaa~” A loud voice greeted Sana when she stepped out of her room.

“Momo?” Sana glanced at Mina who is calmly eating across Momo on the table, “Why are you here so early?”

 

Her roommate didn’t acknowledge her presence and just continued eating.

 

“Work stuff,” Momo answered while chewing on her food, “But first, let’s eat! Mina’s cooking is sooo good! Sana never cooks, sometimes if I’m not with her, I’m not sure if she eats or not, she’s just too busy,” The bob-cut haired woman invited Sana as if she’s the owner of the house and Mina slightly glanced at Sana about what Momo said,, “Can I live here?”

 

“No!” Sana and Mina both answered at the same time and Momo was taken aback before chuckling.

 

“Wooooah!” Momo’s voice is loud, “You two think alike!”

 

“No, we don’t!” And once again, Sana and Mina both disagreed at the same time.

 

Momo looked at the two women alternately while clapping her hands, “You’re like an old married couple!”

 

“I’ll throw you out if you don’t stop.” Sana jokingly threatened the older woman.

 

“Alright, alright, I’ll stop geez,” Momo grinned when Sana gave her a death glare, “So Sana, were you injured or something?”

 

Sana tensed at Momo’s question, she tried her best not to look at Mina and not to give any obvious reactions at Momo but failed when the said woman dropped the question out in the air.

 

“Injured?” Mina asked, confused.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter