Chapter 1 - Why Would I?

Amongst Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Amongst Us
Main Pairing: Minatozaki Sana and Myoui Mina
Disclaimer: I do not own TWICE, JYPE, etc. Only the story.

“It's dangerous, it pricks, you are like a rose.”

Chapter 1: Why Would I?

 

Sana groaned as her tracker vibrated and moved on her bedside table like having a seizure.

 

She lazily picked it up and the screen lit up with a button labeled in bold Hidebehind. She clicked on it and it switched into a map separated with grids and a red pin-point icon pulsating on the screen.

 

“Seriously?” Sana scowled “This is my night-off!”

 

Having no other choice, she stood up and changed into her leggings and put on a pocketed belt wherein she placed her smaller weapons and some special medicines. She also strapped in a smaller belt on her lower leg, placing her dark purple hunting blade before putting on her boots, concealing it.

 

She walked in front of her closet and stopped for a while.

 

“Hidebehind,” Sana pondered “A bow and arrow might be of help as it can be a pain in the if I can’t see it.”

 

She opened her closet and put out her leather duffel bag and stuffed her custom bow and a number of arrows inside, zipped it close then slung it on her shoulder.

 

She didn’t forget to grab her black jacket and a bottle of vodka on her way out.

 

“Show up already so I can go back to bed,” Sana yelled as she heard scratching noises from different directions, “And being in a forest doesn’t help with the sound,” she whispered as she heard those movements again.

 

“Okay, stop playing conceal, don’t feel with me and let’s just get this over with, deal?” Sana yelled again as if the creature can understand her.

 

She spotted a silvery fur quickly cross her eyes for a moment and disappeared like she was just hallucinating.

 

“Alright, let’s play your game.”

 

Sana walked into the forest mindlessly like she was lost and eventually made it to a tall, rocky mountain wall. A dead-end.

 

“Perfect.” Sana thought.

 

Facing the rocky mountain wall, she sat down in a fetal position without her touching the ground. She waited for a moment and then she heard an almost inaudible movement behind her, the sound slowly approaching near where she is currently sitting and then it suddenly stopped. And as soon as it stopped, she heard a fast swish in the air and collided with her, knocking the wind out of her as it sent her barreling to the rocky wall.

 

“Damn, I didn’t expect this one to be this fast.” Sana cursed as she felt the skin on her back burn in pain.

 

Coughing out, she heard another swish and she was sent back colliding on the wall and dropped hard on the pavement below. Blood started to flow down from her temple down to her pinkish-peach hair down to her right ear and down to the ground where her head rests. She tried to take a deep breath but winced from the pain instead.

 

“I hope this stupid plan works or it is going to be the end of me.” She thought to herself.

 

This is her moment. She tried to calm her breathing filling her lungs with as much oxygen as she needs then held her breath and closed her eyes a little so she can still see what is happening around her.

 

As her body laid flat on the ground, a five-foot tall bear-like creature stood up in front of her and let out a gurgling sound. Sana almost let out a gurgle sound as an automatic response from when she heard it but was able to stop herself. The creature picked Sana’s body up and was about to put her on its shoulders when Sana swiftly grabbed the vodka bottle from one of her belt’s pocket and threw it on the creature’s face. The bottle smashed directly in between the creature’s eyes.

 

The creature growled in pain and was about to hold its face with Sana still on its hand.

 

Using the creature’s hand as leverage, she forcefully lifted her body and surged forward. Using her dark purple blade, she stabbed the creature’s left eye and it growled louder in agony. Wasting no time, Sana stabbed the creature’s remaining eye before it dropped her to the ground and Sana hissed as her injured back collided on the ground.

 

The creature stumbled a few steps backward before it dropped to the ground with blood oozing from both of its eyes. A few minutes later, it started to convulse and eventually stopped moving as it finally died.

 

With a relief, Sana dropped her head to the ground with closed eyes and furrowed brows, adrenaline leaving her system. With shallow breaths, she lifted her tracker with her bloodied hands and clicked the red button on the screen labeled as Extraction. The device on her hand beeped signaling a response of acknowledgment.

 

After a few more shallow breaths, she started getting up slowly and painfully then limped back to her car.

 

She struggled to get inside the car and she groaned when she was able to finally sit down on the driver’s seat. She paused for a good couple of minutes to recover a little before she eventually drove off heading back to her apartment.

 

As Sana got back inside her apartment, she threw her keys on the sofa and started taking off her jacket, wincing at the process.

 

“I really need a good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter