Two

Now We Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEYONG

Taeyong had a gift for shape shifting. His parents always told him that. He could be anyone he wanted to be, he could have any skin colour, eye type, anything. It wasn’t hard to shift though sometimes, it took time. That’s why he often shifted into a bird. Birds were easy to shift into and had swift, light movements.

 

He took one last circle above the air and dove down, passing by Jaehyun who took down the shooters.

 

Jaehyun knew how to handle them and didn’t need him, that’s why he’d gone first. Flying into the corridors, keeping his eyes sharp.

 

If ever there was something wrong, he’d still be able to hear the guys through his earpiece. Wu Ren made sure that his clothes and gadgets adapted to his shifting abilities.

 

He passed by a few empty rooms before he heard Yuta’s panicked report and the sound of explosions on the floor below. He turned back to Jaehyun’s direction until he heard the sound of metal whirring. The sound came from the roof elevator shaft. He un-shifted himself, turning his fingers into metal claws.

 

The explosion must’ve been a distraction to hide an escape.

 

“Damn it! Hurry up!” He heard someone utter as the elevator creaked at every movement.

 

He caught Jaehyun creeping up beside him, a look of relief on his face. He pointed towards the elevator, and gave Jaehyun a knowing look. They’ve been working for almost 5 years that sometimes, they could almost read each other’s minds.

 

Jaehyun nodded at him, a blade of ice covering his right arm like an extension of his limbs.

 

The elevator doors opened and a woman with a head of a dragon emerged. It took her a second to gather herself from shock before she breath fire on their way. Taeyong quickly deflected while Jaehyun created a huge ice barrier.

 

The woman ducked as behind her, a man with spikes coming out of his skin aimed at both of them.

 

He slashed through the spikes with his claws while the woman continued breathing fire down on Jaehyun.

 

“Hurry now!” The male said as he threw multiple spikes at him, one grazed his thigh but he could barely feel a sting.

 

Behind them, a younger boy, about 16 or so, threw something in midair and snapped his fingers.

 

A shadow covered them all as 2 screws as huge as bookshelves dropped on them. Jaehyun’s ice barricade shattered like glass as the ice wielder avoided being crushed.

 

He quickly jumped away, dodging both the huge screw and the deadly spikes that were coming at him.

 

In that quick moment of disorient, the boy slipped out of their reach and ran towards the open space in the rooftop.

 

“Jaehyun!” He called out to the younger one as he shifted himself into another form, Ten’s form. Ten is a Thai comrade of theirs who was sent to serve the 116th unit a.k.a WayV.

 

He didn’t like turning himself into another person. It was like an invasion of their privacy. But in times like these, he had no choice. He silently sent a prayer, asking for forgiveness and hoping that Ten, wherever he is, would understand.

 

His skin turned hard, diamond hard that the spikes broke in half each time it pierced his skin. He felt stronger, untouchable.

 

“Get the boy!” He ordered as he pushed one of the screws

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter