Three

Now We Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

REN

Ren was having her usual boring day. She has been running around the Special Unit Headquarters, submitting all necessary documents from the boy’s latest mission and constantly returning to and from the G.E.D (Gadgets and Equipment Department) and Forensics when she found Taeyong sitting on her worktable during lunch break.

 

“You’ve been busy” Taeyong said as he pulled her chair from the desk and pushed it towards her, an invitation for her to sit down.

 

“Aren’t I always?” She raised an eyebrow before she plopped herself on her chair. “What’s up?”

 

Taeyong smirked at her, his sharp features softened a bit. If she were any other girl, she would’ve swooned. Taeyong has always been an eye catcher and he knew that. Sometimes, she’d wonder if Taeyong shape shifted himself into this handsome figure and grew fond of this appearance that he didn’t want to revert back to his old self. Because, in all honesty, no one can be this good looking.

 

“Did you find anything on that vial?” He said, standing up as he did. “Any explanation as to why it’s so important?”

 

 “Why?” She asked as she straightened her round rimmed glassed.

 

“Something about the last mission“Taeyong said with a shrug, worry visible on his sharp features. “One of the prisoners we brought back could multiply himself into 22 copies. I went to the brig to check up on them, all seemed well. I’ve been trying to connect the dots and I honestly think that whatever is inside that vial is connected to that man’s lack of power strain.”

 

“Don’t worry” She said, standing up as she did. “If it makes you feel any better, I scanned for their prints and had them all blood tested before I turned them in their cells. Results will be out in a few along with the components of that chemical in the vial. Then, we’ll have answers.”

 

Taeyong looked at her, his face a little relieved with what she just said.

 

Suddenly, her intercom beeped.

 

Paging Special Unit 127 Tech Support, Wu Ren. Paging Special Unit 127 Tech Support, Wu Ren. Please proceed to Forensics.

 

 

 

 

“Results from our tests have concluded that the substance in this vial is similar to a drug, it’s like Heroin but not Heroin. It’s composed of different materials” Ahn Hani, Head of Forensics, said as she handed Ren the data sheet. “It took us a while before we could get the right components. We have also broken it down and discovered it has a large amount of Silverbane.”

 

“Silverbane?” Yuta appeared by the doorway, behind him was the rest of 127. Taeyong had called them earlier asking them to head to Forensics to gather their opinions and thoughts about what was happening.

 

“Isn’t that plant hard to grow?” Jaehyun said, already beside Ren as he took a look at the data sheet she was holding. “If I’m not mistaken, that thing is a drug right?”

 

He pointed at the vial on Hani’s desk. Hani nodded at him in reply.

 

“Jaehyun, Mark, didn’t you guys say that the boy was about to smash that thing to the ground?” Johnny asked as he took a seat on the nearest chair. Mark, who was beside him along with Winwin, nodded fervently. Doyoung, Jungwoo and Haechan stood on his other side while Taeil was leaning by the doorway, listening.

 

“Do you have the blood test results of the detainees?” Ren asked Hani.

 

“I was going into that. I just received this from the Med Lab before you guys got here.” Hani said as she pulled out some papers from her desk. “Here”

 

She handed it to Ren, the rest of the boys flocked around her to read what was written on the piece of paper.

 

“Silverbane” Taeyong whispered.

 

“They all had Silverbane in their system?” Taeil said incredulously.

 

“They all had the drug in their system” Jaehyun muttered in disbelief.

 

Ren could feel Yuta stiffen behind her. Yuta, whose gift was that of the earth, knew every flora by heart and soul. He must’ve caught on to something, it showed in his face.

 

“What’s the matter hyung?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter