first concern

None of Your Concern
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First Concern

“Park Hana, you are too damn obvious, girl.” My best friend Eunha said disapprovingly.

           “Huh?” I faced Eunha. “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I stuck my tongue out at Eunha, who gave a disgusting look in return.

           “You’ve been staring at him for the past 10 minutes. You haven’t even touched your lunch yet!” Eunha handed me my sandwich that was placed in front of me and stuffed it into my mouth.

           “Hey-hmph!” I moved her hand and my sandwich out of my mouth.

           “That is exactly why Sehun won’t give you the time of day. You want him too much.” Eunha said.

           “How does that even make sense? What’s wrong with being honest?” I pouted.

           “You’re too pure and innocent for him, Hana.” Eunha gave a sad look.

           “Is being pure a bad thing?” I turned my head sideways, confused. “And don’t judge him. You don’t know him the way I do.”

           Eunha sighed, “No, it’s not. You’re pretty, honest, and pure, which is most guys’ ideal type, however, it isn’t Sehun’s.”

I wouldn’t say I’m innocent, I’m just honest. Many people see that as pure, since I can be blunt at times.

           I wanted to defend myself, however, now it was my time to sigh.

           Eunha was right, and the proof was right in front of my eyes.

           As if the timing couldn’t be any more perfect, I saw Hyuna walk over to Sehun and give him a kiss on the cheek. Sehun smirked in response and I looked away.

           Hyuna was the total opposite of me, which made her a female version of Sehun.

           Hyuna was full of -appeal, confidence, and fierceness. She definitely turned everyone’s heads, and that included Sehun’s.

           Hyuna’s aesthetic was red, while you could call mine pink.

           “You’re right. I’m not that y or am I that pretty. I mean how can I even compare to Hyuna? Do you see her legs? Her legs alone are freaking amazing, sheesh!” I tried to laugh off my insecurities, hoping Eunha wouldn’t catch it.

           But being my best friend, she knew better.

           “Why do you do that? You know damn well that you have better legs than her and you have a personality that can blow hers away. Don’t belittle yourself like that, it makes me sad.” Eunha softly punched me.

           “Oh, you’re so violent! I wonder how Chanyeol deals with you…” I said dramatically.

           “I guess the whole Park family loves me, despite my violence! Maybe it’s my charm?” Eunha wiggled her eyebrows.

           “Oh please, my cousin must have been crazy when he asked you out!” I laughed.

           “What are you guys laughing about?” a deep voice asked, as a huge, tall shadow towered over us.

           “Speak of the devil, my cousin’s here! Hi Yeollie!” I grinned brightly.

           “Yeol, Hana’s making fun of me again.” Eunha pouted, trying to act cute towards her boyfriend.

           Chanyeol chuckled and reached down to give Eunha a peck on her lips.

           “Yuck.” I joked.

           “Oh shut up, you’re just mad that Sehun won’t do that to you.” Eunha stuck out her tongue.

           “Still having that crush on Sehun, Hana?” Chanyeol asked. “How about we sit with them? Come on!” Chanyeol winked.

           “N-no! Hell no!” my eyes widened.

           Eunha started giggling, “Great idea!” Eunha started grabbing our bags as Chanyeol grabbed our food trays in both of his hands.

 

           Chanyeol is actually friends with Sehun, and that is how I was introduced to Sehun. Being Chanyeol’s cousin, I was introduced to his friend group and I was instantly attracted to Sehun.

           No, it wasn’t just for his good looks.

           I met Sehun at a pub near our university for Chanyeol’s birthday. I had fun throughout the night, until a creepy older man tried to hit on me.

           I was heading back from the bathroom alone and felt a man grab my arm. He asked me to go home with him and didn’t take my denial positively. I tried to look around to see anyone I knew, however, our table was so far from the bathroom, I started to become scared.

           I begged the man to let me go, however, he started dragging me with him.

           Before I could yell for help, I felt my body being pulled into someone’s arms, and when I looked up to see who I landed into, I was shocked to see Sehun’s face.

           “Let go of her.” I stared at Sehun who was looking intensely at the creep’s face.

           “And who are you?” The creep laughed, still holding me.

           “Her boyfriend.” Sehun pulled me closer to him. “Let her go, or else.” Sehun threatened.

           “Or else wha-” before the creep could finish speaking, Sehun punched him.

           We were both kicked out for starting a commotion, and we apologized to Chanyeol for ruining his party.

           Chanyeol kept repeating that we didn’t ruin anything and to not be sorry. Chanyeol was ready to go home, but we felt bad and demanded that he stay and enjoy the rest of the night.

           Sehun promised Chanyeol that he would safely bring me home.

           I know it’s a super cliché story, but on our way walking to my apartment, Sehun and I had our first real conversation. I learned that he was also a Dance Major, his love for dogs, and learned that he was easy to speak to. It was easy speaking to Sehun and I never felt more comfortable with a boy before.

           I was shocked. Sehun looked cold and nonchalant on the outside, but I knew instantly that he was different on the inside.

           I thanked him for helping me out that night and apologized for ruining his night.

           He reassured me that I did not ruin his night, in fact, he confessed that I made his night better.

           For the first time, Sehun showed me a genuine smile, and from that point, I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter