Why did you lie?

One Four Three
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Friendly Warning: Read this chapter when you'll not feeling hungry. Food descriptions may cause your stomach to rumble. Other than that, I hope you'll enjoy reading this chapter! Do leave traces of love, such as comments, behind for me! Cheers!

 

 

Motioning her glass of white wine in a circular motion, bringing the white wine in the glass to a swirl, Ji Hyo angled her wine glass towards her dongsaeng. With a smile plastered on her face, she signalled her glass at him.

“Cheers!”

“Cheers to you too!”

With that, their wine glasses clinked against each other.

Kwang Soo brought his wine glass towards him and he inhaled the essence of the wine. Taking a small sip, he enabled the fruity sweetness with an aftertaste of bitterness of the white wine to scatter on his tongue. He couldn’t afford to be drunk that evening as he may have to look after the lady before him who was gingerly sipping the aged white wine, slowly tasting its fine flavour with her eyes closed.

“Lovely,” She commented.

Nodding in agreement, they continued on their catch-up small talk which Ji Hyo made a mental remark that Kwang Soo can be commended for being such a great accompaniment. Kwang Soo is so entertaining that it wasn’t long before the first dish, the appetizer was served.

The appetizer was pan seared diver’s scallop which is supposed to be sandwiched in between two slices of flamed grilled sliced cucumbers in the centre of the flat porcelain plate but it was made in a way that the top slice of the cucumber sits at an angle exposing the layer of melted cheese on the top of the scallop which has baked cherry tomato at the top of it. On the surface of the plate was a dipping sauce, well glazed on the plate with a honeycomb print which was supposed to be done by the blazing flame from a handheld blowtorch.

“This dish is called, ‘Cherry on Top’.” The waitress explained.

“It’s so pretty!” Ji Hyo clapped like a little seal while Kwang Soo chuckled at the sight of how Ms Song, forty years of age, could suddenly retract back to her four-year-old self.

“How does it taste like, noona?” Kwang Soo asked as he watched Ji Hyo meticulously hold her fork and knife as she cut the scallop cucumber hamburger into half.

“Oh my gosh, it tastes heavenly! You should try it now!” Ji Hyo exclaimed as the scallop juice exploded in whereas the complimenting prickled cucumber enhanced the flavour of the natural pan seared scallop.

Kwang Soo followed as told and within seconds, his plate was cleared.

“You are not lying, noona! How I wish the appetiser portion is bigger. Now it feels like we are at the edge of the cliff. I can’t wait for the next dish!” Kwang Soo exclaimed.

Ji Hyo laughed at her funny dongsaeng., “If the portion is bigger, it’s not an appetiser anymore! That would be a main dish!”

“But what can I do? I can’t help but want another serving of such a beautiful tasting dish!”

Ji Hyo shrugged and stuck her tongue out at Kwang Soo, teasing him.

The waitress who initially served them is now back.

“Can I clear your plates?” She asked.

The seated two just nodded.

The sky has finally drawn its curtains from the almighty Sun. The full iridescent moon smiled brilliantly at them while the stars competed amongst themselves to see who can shine the brightest on this idyllic night. Ji Hyo scanned her eyes around the environment, the pretty warm gold fairy lights made the entire rooftop garden so enchanting, so surreal. The candles which surrounded the piano area is glowing prettily.

Before Ji Hyo realised, the waitress had already placed the next dish, the soup in front of her.

“This is lobster bisque made from fresh lobster. The soup base is cooked with lobster shell and vintage white wine for a wholesome taste. The cream in this soup is handmade by our chef with fresh goat milk. The lobster meat is pan seared with a pinch of the soup base so that it would melt in your mouth,” the waitress explained the dish.

Kwang Soo and Ji Hyo nodded.

The royal gold colour of the soup looked delicious and the big chunks of whole lobster meat with its fine garnish made the two immediately hunger for a taste of the lobster bisque. They found themselves looking at each other with their eyes wide open as the lobster meat melted in their mouth with the rich soup that accompanied them.

Before Ji Hyo finished her bowl of lobster bisque, she felt her phone vibrate. Having a tinge of hope that it was her boyfriend who texted her, she excused herself and fished out her phone. Her face was immediately overcast with disappointment as her boyfriend have yet to text here as he must still be very busy. But her brows furrowed as she received push notifications that her boyfriend had just posted a new post on Instagram. How busy could her boyfriend be to not text her but able to post on social media? Ji Hyo couldn’t understand.

-

She remembered that she had a contract that requires her to promote a product on the social media platform, Instagram. But she gave her administrative rights to her manager to do that. However, she wanted to post personally, she didn’t know how to do it.

“Oppa, how to use Instagram?” She asked Jong Kook when they were lazing on Jong Kook’s sofa one evening.

“You didn’t know? But I thought you already have an Instagram account?” Jong Kook asked in surprise.

“Well… That was posted by my manager and I don’t know how to use,” She sheepishly admitted that she’s a cavewoman.

“What about I help you create a private account so you can explore freely?”

With that, Jong Kook used Ji Hyo’s private Instagram account to patiently guide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter