I hate you!

One Four Three
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey Ji Hyo-ah.”

Ji Hyo ears perked, and she blinked upon hearing the voice that caused her to be upset. It must be an illusion, she convinced herself. Truth to be told, she was desperate to see her boyfriend immediately. As long as he tells her the truth, she will be able to forgive him.

She saw Kwang Soo eyes fixated on something on her left. And Ji Hyo turned her head towards her left. She blamed herself for being so dumb to believe that her boyfriend would be here with her and for her as she saw Jong Kook’s face reflected on the projection screen.

“I’m really sorry that I’m unable to make it so suddenly. But, thanks for agreeing with my plan to come to the dinner with Kwang Soo. I’m sorry to put you with him, I hope he didn’t annoy you too much. I promise to make it up to you. Anyways, if it wasn’t because of my last-minute schedule, I would be the one to be seated with you, watching this short video montage of us together.” Jong Kook explained through the video.

Kwang Soo was annoyed at how Jong Kook mentioned him as if he is a burden when he is doing him a favour, but he believed that was mentioned to not aggravate the current situation. While Ji Hyo frowned at Jong Kook’s mention of the last-minute schedule as didn’t explain what he was busy with, thus keeping up with the lie that he came up with for her.

Ji Hyo heard the piano together with the small string ensemble as they started performing Kim Jong Kook’s song, One Man. She fixated her eyes onto the screen, wherein a compilation of videos was displayed.

-

Ji Hyo was on rising popularity back in 2009. She couldn’t help but be shy by the presence of her idol, Kim Jong Kook from Turbo. She has been a fangirl when they were promoting and even so when Kim Jong Kook started as a solo singer. Throughout the entire filming, she has been shy but really happy with the presence of her idol. When they have to do the monkey bar game, Ji Hyo shyly stepped up on Jong Kook’s make-shift step to help her up to cling onto the monkey bar.

The next scene was when Ji Hyo was presenting her performance that she had practised showcasing on the variety show and it is ‘Hot Issue’ by 4-minute. She had tried her very best although it may look stiffy.

The next scene was when Jong Kook was supposed to get some things in the hills. While Ji Hyo was with Jae Suk and the rest, seated on a platform.

“Ji Hyo says that,” Jae Suk shouted, “-ves you!”

Signalling to Ji Hyo, Jae Suk shouted, “Ji Hyo will tell you herself!”

“Jong Kook oppa!” Ji Hyo shouted with her hands by the side of , hoping that her voice would be amplified, “I -ve you!”

Those were scenes from Family Outing where Ji Hyo was a guest back then in 2009. Despite having the sound muted, she can hear herself shouting crystal clear, ‘Oppa, -ve you!’ to Jong Kook from afar through the screen and a smile escaped her cold emotionless face.

-

Ji Hyo just joined the other members on set. Jae Suk warmly welcomed Ji Hyo and she stood beside Jae Suk and Jong Kook was at the other side of Jae Suk. Just then, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo eyes met. Shyly, Ji Hyo looked away when Suk Jin asked Jong Kook to look over at Ji Hyo. Jong Kook could only smile.

Ji Hyo remembered the first few episodes of Running Man, she was very nervous when filming, especially more when being near Kim Jong Kook because of her previous interactions with him back in Family Outing.

-

Ji Hyo realised that there’s no way out. With Kim Jong Kook from the opposing team right in front of her, she only could kneel to get a chance from him so that she can escape. Kneeling with her puppy eyes looking at Jong Kook, she pleaded for a chance. Jong Kook didn’t want to let her go but being desperate, Ji Hyo just bowed her head to the ground. Feeling that it is insufficient, Ji Hyo walked towards Jong Kook and hugged his leg as she knelt, begging him.

“Oppa, just let me go this time…” She pleaded, looking at him with her puppy eyes.

“How am I supposed to let you go?” Jong Kook asked while looking at her.

“Just close one eye, please,” Ji Hyo pleaded yet again.

“I’m really going crazy.” Jong Kook commented, looking away. It wasn’t his style to betray his team. However, he also wanted to be a gentleman, as such, he is torn between the two choices.

He decided to look around before letting her leave.

“Hurry and leave… Leave…” Jong Kook insisted as his hand signalled her to go away.

Ji Hyo is so thankful that she bowed certain times.

“Hurry and run… Ok, run,” Jong Kook said, moving his hand away from him faster.

Ji Hyo quickly bowed down one more time before running away from Jong Kook.

That was the very first time she pleaded him. But that certainly wasn’t the last, on-screen and off-screen.

-

It was Running Man Episode 21 where the two of them are teamed up against the rest of the mission team. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo tried to act cool by crossing their arms at their abdomen.

They then put their hands together and leaned their forehead together. Turning around facing the camera simultaneously, they said, “Mission Team, just you wait!”

It was rare to have such a strong alliance, especially when you have such good chemistry. But Ji Hyo cringed as saw them leaning their foreheads together. She didn’t understand why they did such a cheesy pose then.

-

Ji Hyo took off the mascot’s head and started to plead, “Oppa, please let me off.”

“Ji Hyo-ah,” Jong Kook gasped.

“Oppa, just let me off this once,” Ji Hyo knelt down on both of her knees, completely exhausted from wearing the mascot costume.

“Ji Hyo, were you like this all this while?” Jong Kook asked in concern, “Really, the way you think is very unique.”

Ji Hyo leaned forward, wanting to grab Jong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter