Love 02

Time [Love] Travel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol comes home a little bit late that night and he didn’t know what this guilty feeling is he’s experiencing ever since he steps inside the house. He is super sure that the kids already go to bed, it’s their bedtime already so he drags himself to their rooms.

Silently peeking at Yeolhee’s room first, smiling a little bit when the little girl opens her eyes for a while to see her daddy kissing her. “Go back to sleep, pretty girl. Daddy’s home. I love you.” He said, silently agreeing that he do love the princess. He loves his little family already.

He’s trying the coop with the situation better and for this nearly a month of being the older version of him, Chanyeol didn’t know why he decided to just go along with it. It’s as if he’s fine to be stuck in this world.

 

Next, he walks inside Hyunhee’s room, chuckling when books are everywhere. He must be too confusing to choose what bedtime stories he wanted to hear from Baekhyun. Though, Chanyeol didn’t know why the pregnant didn’t even arrange those back to its place.

The father places a kiss on Hyunhee’s locks, wishing him goodnight.

 

It’s too quiet for his liking. He wanted to be at home before the kids asleep, he wanted to have family time with them, hearing them talking and laughing when he plays with them but Chanyeol guessed this is what elderly said that once you have to work, it eventually comes first.

He steps inside their shared room, yes, they do share the room because Hyunhee often asked why daddy and papa looks like they’re fighting. He could see Baekhyun curling on the bed and Chanyeol decided to take a warm shower, not forgetting to put his dirty clothes and everything on the laundry bag.

Or else, Baekhyun would be mad.

 

“Oh! Why are you awake?”

That’s the first question he asked when he walks out of the bathroom, looking at Baekhyun who eyes opened. His face is so red and Chanyeol got a little bit worried for that, so he decided to wear his sleeping attire in instant, in case he needed to do anything for the pregnant.

He eyed Baekhyun who silently walking toward the toilet. He looks like he would fall right then and Chanyeol’s quick to hold him when he nearly trips in front of the entrance. “Be careful! Do you want me to get inside as well?”

Baekhyun shakes his head, pinching Chanyeol’s side waist that makes the taller winced in pain.

“That’s hurt!”

The pregnant close the door right away whilst Chanyeol decided to lay on the warm bed. He’s so tired but he just can’t fall asleep. Baekhyun look like he has a lot in his mind. Chanyeol need to know everything too.

 

 

When Baekhyun lay back beside him, he could only glance at the smaller boy who frown while holding his bump. He holds Baekhyun’s shoulder to catch his attention. But the other didn’t face him, it’s as if Baekhyun is trying to avoid him.

“What’s wrong?”

 The pregnant shakes his head, indulging himself inside the comforter.

“Baekhyun, I know there are something wrong with you. You said you’re meeting Kyungsoo today. Did you found something we didn’t know? Why are you like this?”

“Why am I like this? What?”

Baekhyun moves to lock his eyes with Chanyeol’s and the taller swears he could see how swollen his eyes are. Chanyeol didn’t know what to do, he could only frown at the sudden outburst. “You’re mad at me. Not the usual mad but this time, I know you’re really mad at me.”

“Good that you know. Good night, then.”

“Baekhyun, you need to tell me what’s wrong! Why are you acting like this?! Did I do something wrong?”

 

Chanyeol is now sitting, waiting for the pregnant to answer. Instead of that, he heard sniffles and soft cries. Why is he crying? Is it so bad? “You wanna know what it is, right?! I will tell you everything and I’m sorry first of all.”

Baekhyun sits up, leaning his back on the headboard. Chanyeol sighs, his fatigue from work didn’t really hit him now that Baekhyun’s actually sorry. It must be something shocking.

“I asked Kyungsoo how we got married.”

“What?!”

“Yes, I asked him. Because I’m so curious and it hurts me that maybe one day, we’re not here with the kids anymore. Maybe this is just a ridiculous dream, but everything seems so real.” Baekhyun breaks down even more and Chanyeol moves closer to reach for the pregnant guy. To his luck, Baekhyun didn’t push him away instead he leans, trying to get comfortable with the bump on his way.

 

“I don’t know what’s happening, but I’ll try to stay calm. Maybe this is the reason why we stuck in here?” Chanyeol said, rubbing Baekhyun’s back. The other look so small right now and he didn’t know why he always feel the need to protect him. That’s why they’re married?

 

When Baekhyun calmed down a little bit, he looks at Chanyeol before he sighs. “Do you remember the night before we wake up being 28 years old? What did you do? Are you studying?”

“What?! Me? Studying?” Chanyeol chuckles a little bit. Baekhyun rolls his eyes, this is the Chanyeol he knew from what people said. Care-free boy. “I’m playing games. What’s with that night?” He asked next.

Baekhyun takes a really deep breath, holding his bump because suddenly it gets so hardened. Chanyeol looks at the bump with such curiosity. Up until now, he never once places his palm, talking to the little one inside but maybe one day, he’s interested to feel the little boy’s kick.

 

Back to the situation.

“It’s our last day for university’s final examination. Remember? Well I bet you don’t!” Baekhyun huffs, looking at Chanyeol who didn’t really react that much. He continued. “The day after that, my family decided to go on a vacation and Kyungsoo said we...”

Baekhyun stops midway, trying to gather his emotion balance.

“What happened, Baek?”

“We got into an accident. I don’t want to know this story, Chanyeol! When I call my father next, asking about the accident, he said the same. I can’t… I can’t imagine it.”

Baekhyun sniffles, biting his lips because the face Chanyeol had right now are mixed of everything. “Do I have something to do with this accident? That’s why we got married? I, Baekhyun… I’m---”

“No, you need to hear me first. I’m sorry I got carried away earlier. I’m not mad at you but I’m mad at myself. Maybe this is why we’re stuck here. I want to change everything happened. Us, too.”

 

Chanyeol frowns, hearing that will only means one thing.

“You don’t want to get married with me, right? That’s why you wanna change the past, now that we’re in the future. Huh, Baekhyun?”

“Yeol! I ing knew that I got into an accident and you only think of me marrying you?!  How unsensitive are you?!” Baekhyun eyes widen, looking at Chanyeol bewildered.

“I can’t believe that we got married because you’re there at the scene and when the doctor said that my ‘one and only’ kidney are damaged, you donated yours to me! And Kyungsoo said my father was so thankful to you!” Baekhyun said in one go because he’s so furious and right now, Chanyeol is so shocked as well. “We didn’t start really well. I didn’t love you to begin with. We’re arranged but eventually, Kyungsoo said we get better when we learn that we’re expecting Hyunhee.”

 

Chanyeol rakes his hairs, this is too much information for him.

“First of all, Baekhyun, I’m…”

“You don’t need to say anything. I guess we can still change our future if we ever get back to our old self.”

“You’re selfish.” Chanyeol said next, chuckling in defence. He shakes his head when Baekhyun grits his teeth and he’s about to throw more mean words that probably will only hurt them. “You’re selfish that you only think of what you needed to do, and you didn’t know what’s best in God’s plan! I’m surprised to know that you actually have one kidney since born and I happened to donate mine to you and if you’re lucky and we’ll be back to where we are, you can change everything. But what about the kids?! You don’t want them to exist now?! That’s what I said you’re selfish. I just can’t---”

“We can fall in love properly then!” Baekhyun said with tears in his eyes. His head hurts, his heart hurts so much and everything happened right now didn’t really make him feel better. He wants everything to end but at the same time, he’s so confused.

 

Chanyeol mouths gap at what Baekhyun said, his face changed and Baekhyun could tell the taller’s distress too.

“It’s too much for us, now, Baekhyun. We’re stuck! You don’t want to be here, you wanted to change our future and you---”

“I don’t want to make the kids disappeared, Yeol! Just like I said, we can fall in love properly then. We can at least try! If only we can get back to ten years ago, I just want to know more, and you need to try to. Gather much more information here that will probably change your life in the past and future.”

 

Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun with unreadable expression. Baekhyun let out a sigh.

“I will only need to make sure that Hyunhee and Yeolhee are here with us, still.” He said, laying on the bed in instant. He needed a long sleep now! Baekhyun looks at the taller who now eyes closed. It’s so quiet for a long time until Baekhyun uttered a soft “You’re so whipped with them.”

 

Baekhyun moves to face Chanyeol’s side, holding his beating heart when Chanyeol chuckles, thankfully, his eyes are closed.

“They’re our children. It’s weird for the first time but I want to protect the kids, when they’re with us, I’m at ease.”

Baekhyun nods, agreeing. He let out a sigh when so suddenly he feels the soft kick inside his belly. Why are you awake now, baby? Are we disturbing you sleep? Baekhyun closes his eyes next but then a question popped in his mind.

 

“So, you’re not against us trying to fall in love properly then?” Baekhyun could feel Chanyeol shifts from where he lay down. Just then he could feel his breathing right above his hairs.

“Slowly but surely, Baekhyun. You have my other kidney with you right now. Who knows you will have my heart as well?”

“That’s cheesy but we’ll see. Slowly but surely huh?”

Baekhyun felt a knock on his head, probably Chanyeol’s chin, indicating that the other nods his head. “Good night.”

“Good night, Byun.”

 

 

-----

 

 

“Your dad gives me a day off! I can’t believe this day will finally happen!”

That’s what Chanyeol said last night, wriggling his giant b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter