Me, You and Rain

There’s Something About You That Makes Me Calm

There must be something with me, her and rain.

 

The night after i met her for the first time, i found myself can’t sleep.

I kept on tossing around on my bed as i think of her smile, her eyes.

What’s happening with me? I kept asking myself that same question.

It left unanswered tho.

 

I finally decided to give up on my sleep and look outside my bedroom’s window.

It was raining outside. And my mind starts to wander messily with no direction.

At time like this, i wish i had someone to talk with. To have a pillow talk with until drowsiness finally consume me.

 

And i must be crazy, because instead hoping it was Suho, i found myself wishing Seulgi were here instead, with me.

How can such a stranger kept bugging my mind so easily like this?

 

And the second time we met, it was also raining, heavily.

I saw her bravely let herself get soaked in the rain for saving a puppy when everyone else didn’t give a damn.

To me it was such a big deal. What she did is indeed, very, admirable.

So i compliment her for what she did. Genuinely. She deserves that.

But she just shrugged her shoulder and smiled.

Look at her, how could she made a big thing become so small?

Ironically, she also make a small thing become so big, without she even realized it.

Things like her small smile, that moved my heart, tremendously.

If only she knows.

On my second thought, i think it’s better if she never know.

 

Third meeting, just two days after our second.

That bear texted me, asking for a lunch date. She said it's okay if i want to bring Suho.

But i, shamelessly say there's no need to bring man because i want it to be a girls' day out. When in fact it's just an excuse i made because i want to spend some time with her, just the two of us.

Thank God she seems to buy it.

That day we spent almost a whole day together. Had lunch, snack and dessert time, then shopping time. We linked our arms as we walk together side by side.

I laughed a lot that day.

It was drizzling when i drive her home.

She leaned forward to engulf me in a warm hug before she waved goodbye to me.

I found myself smiling from ear to ear as i drive home. I didn't even flinch when someone honk on me from behind because i drive a bit too slow than i should.

 

Our fourth meeting, just like our previous meetings, it happened rather unexpectedly. Well at least to me.

And yes, it was also on a rainy day.

But this time with Suho’s ‘help’.

On this fourth meeting, i got to know how good and comforting it feels to be inside Seulgi’s protective embrace.

To finally hear her beautiful voice, singing beautifully, so soothingly, for me.

 

So you must be wondering how it happens right?

Let me tell you the story.

***

 

Today i called in sick because my damn vertigo just decided to visit me again today.

Since my family is all live in Daegu, i have no one to look after me, except for my boyfriend, Suho.

Unfortunately he is currently having a business trip to Indonesia with his manager.

So i got to take care of myself. Not that i can’t. I’m a pretty independent woman because i live by myself since i was 19. That was when i moved to Seoul for the first time to continue my study in one of good universities here. You know Yonsei? Yep, that’s my uni. I was graduated from there.

And so back to my currently dying situation..

The thing about this damn vertigo is that you can’t even move a muscle when it hits you like a tornado.

All things around you, your whole world seems to keep on spinning hard.

And it will spin harder if you open your eyes, so a little tip, better to keep your eyes close.

 

And so when Suho called, with my weak voice, i tried to reassure him that i will be okay, eventually. But he seems to worrying me so much still.

He said he felt bad for not being able to be by myside.

He said some other words but my head is killing me, so i barely can hear what he said to me.

At the end i just say yes to everything he said and tell him that i want to get some sleep.

I just want to sleep it off if that’s possible.

 

I think i successfully slept for an hour or two. Or maybe more than that.

Because it’s dark outside when i woke up.

Soon i found my answer as i can hear some scary thunders roaring loudly from above.

 

Can this day get any worse? I hate thunders. Correction, i’m scared of it.

But the good news is, my vertigo is lessening. I mean the spinning and all.

I can now stand up on my both feet and go to toilet on my own without feeling nausea.

 

I almost make a call for food delivery when i suddenly hear someone ring my bell.

I wonder who is it.

 

My eyes widen in suprise when i check the peephole just to see a familiar face that keep crossing my mind lately.

I quickly open the door for her.

 

“Seulgi?” I called her name.

 

“Unnie.” She greeted me. But there’s no smile on her face. Even her warm-bright eyes look gloomier. Is she okay? I wonder.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” I asked her worriedly.

 

“I should be the one who asked you that. Are you okay, unnie? Should we go to see a doctor? I can accompany you.” She said as her eyes looking into mine. I can see worry in there.

She examines me. Maybe trying to spot any sign of pain or discomfort.

 

“My mom has vertigo too. So i know how torturing it is.” She continued.

 

“Ah, i’m okay, Seul. I feel better now after taking the medicine and had few hours of sleep.” I curved a small smile, trying to look less crappy.

 

“Good to know. Have you eat?” She asked. I hesitantly shook my head.

 

“Okay, i’ll cook for you then.” She smiled as she makes her way inside my apartment.

 

Then something hits me.

 

“Uh Seul, don't get me wrong. It's not that i don’t like your visit, but how could you know that i’m sick? And it’s just 11 AM. Shouldn’t you still be in the office at this hour?” I asked in confusion.

 

“Ah.. As you can see, unnie. I’m not wearing my work attire.” She oh so charmingly smiled as she open her arms and spun around.

 

Now that she said it, i just realized that her clothes now are indeed too simple and casual for work. I was too focusing on the fact that she's here so i didn't see the other things.

 

She wears a black v-neck T-shirt, and a pair of blue jeans. There's a black baseball cap on her hand. Bet she wore it earlier. She's just too handsome. Yet pretty too. So cool-yet cute.

 

“Today is my off day. I will go to my parents’ house because there will be a family gathering.” She explained.

 

“Then why you’re here? Shouldn’t you go there?”

 

“It’s okay. I already tell my parents that i might come a bit late. I will go there immediately after making sure you’re okay.” She smiled.

 

Stop doing this to me, Kang Seulgi. You're making it harder for me.

And heart, stop beating so fast for this bear!

 

“And as for your another question, Suho texted me earlier. He knows that today is my day off. And i live nearby. So when he asked me whether i can check on you for awhile, i said yes.”

 

“A-ah. I’m sorry for troubling you. You shouldn’t have to tho.” I guiltily said. I don't want to be a burden for her. Damn you, Suho! I'm not a kid. I--

 

“But i want to.” She firmly said. “I know it’s Suho who asked me to come, but even if he didn’t, i will come here still. Because i'll be worrying about you too. I like you, unnie..”

 

..W-what?

 

“..I know we haven't know each other for so long, but i already see you as a dear friend of mine."

 

Oh.

I hate to admit it, but that kinda hurts.

 

Out of sudden, there’s a flash, and very soon followed by a very loud roaring sound.

I screamed and crouched down with my hands covering both of my ears.

 

“Unnie, you’re okay?” I can hear her light footsteps comes approaching.

 

But before i can answer her, another thunder roars.

 

Yet again, i scream.

I can feel my body slightly trembling.

 

“Sssh. It’s okay.” I hear her soft voice whispering against my left ear. And at the same time, i feel her gently pull me up to stand back on my feet.

 

She then placed her arm on my shoulder, supporting me, and helped me to sit on the sofa. And when there’s another flash, she quickly pulled me into her protective embrace.

Her hand gently push my head to duck down, so now i’m hiding my face on her shoulder.

 

She keeps on patting my head and endlessly whispering “It’s okay.” to me.

 

I don’t know whether it’s her body warmth, or maybe her soft touches on my skin, or maybe the sweet scent of her perfume, or maybe her soothing voice, or maybe the combination of all of those. But i found myself no longer feel scared.

 

The rain is still falling heavily out there. The thunders are still roaring.

But i’m not trembling anymore.

Inside her embrace, i feel so safe, like nothing can ever harm me.

 

So i raised my hands, and hug her back as i nuzzled deeper against her shoulder.

 

Her left hand is no longer patting my head. It caresses my hair now.

Her voice is no longer whispering “It’s okay”. It starts to hum for me instead.

A familiar melody of a song that i know i’ve heard before.

But for now, my mind is too tangled to remember the title.

So i decided to just stop trying to find the answer and enjoy Seulgi’s voice instead as her humming turn into clear words.

 

She sings.

Tho i’m not sure for who.

For now i'll just pretend it's for me.

 

(Sung  Sikyung – Two People 사람)

*ps: Seulgi really sing this song in V app Lie-V with Irene. You can search it up in youtube.

 

jichin haruga gago dalbich arae
du saram hanaui geurimja.

nun gameumyeon jabhil deut aryeonhan
haengbogi ajig jeogi itneunde.

After a tiring day passes, underneath the
moonlight, two people become one shadow.

A vague happiness that seems
reachable is still over there.

 

sangcheo ibeun maeumeun neoui kkum majeo geuneureul deuriwodo,
gieog haejwo apeudorog sarang haneun sarami gyeote itdaneun geol.

Even if my wounded heart casts a shadow on your dreams,
Please remember that a person, who loves you ‘till it hurts, is next to you.

 

ttaeroneuni giri meolgeman boyeodo,
seogeulpeun maeume nunmuri heulleodo,
modeun iri chueogi doel ttaekkaji, uri du saram seoroui shwil goshidoe eo juri.

Although this path seems far sometimes,
even if you shed tears out of sadness,
Until everything becomes only a memory, let’s be each other’s resting place.

 

I must be crazy.

Because i found myself tearing up once Seulgi finished the song.

And as if Seulgi can see my silent tears despite me not facing her right now, she tightens her hold on me, and whispered,

 

"It'll be okay, Irene." 
 

***

 

Should i write more?

Should i make it as chaptered story?

Your comments, your upvotes, will help me to decide ;)