The revelation

Everything was dark before I met you

All the trainees gathered in the big room, everyone was anxious. After a few minutes the door opened and the CEO entered accompanied by some teachers. It was really rare for him to come to see the trainees so today was special. 

 

The room was completely silent, no one was saying a word. They were all focused on the CEO. He looked at them before speaking. "I'm going to pick some of you right now. As you may already know we are planning on debuting a new girl group in a few months so this is the first lineup." 

He took a paper from his pocket with a list of names: 

"Jeon Soyeon, please stand up and come here" 

No one was surprised that her name was called, she was one of the oldest and most talented trainees. She had already appeared on some shows and released music. Most girls envied her passion for music, she was so invested.  

"Minnie" 

"Song Yuqi" 

"Cho Miyeon" 

"And finally Yeh Shuhua" 

 

Whispers started to spread when she stood up. Her name created surprise unlike the others.  Sure Shuhua had improved since she arrived but most of them were thinking that she still wasn’t ready to debut. 

 

"And that is all. By the way I have to tell you, you still need to work hard because the lineup can still change, even at the last minute. Am I clear?". 

They all nodded. 

 

Once he got out of the room, Shuhua started crying. She couldn't believe that she was chosen. She felt like she didn't belong with all of the others, they were so amazing and she wasn't. Miyeon noticed right away that Shuhua was crying. She hugged her and tried to comfort her. 

 

A few days after the announcement they all moved together in one dorm. Shuhua had the only room alone because she won at rock paper scissors. To celebrate the news, they all went to eat at a fancy restaurant. 

Shuhua wasn't used to drinking alcohol but because all of the others were drinking she also did. She started to feel dizzy after only a few drinks. 

 

Miyeon was supporting Shuhua on the way home. Once they got inside, she told the girls that she would take care of Shuhua. 

She started washing Shuhua’s makeup away from her face delicately, while the younger girl was laying on the couch. Miyeon thought that Shuhua was asleep but she suddenly started speaking, actually slurring because she was drunk.  

 - You... Know... I-I never told you... But you're so pretty...

Miyeon was surprised, she started blushing, she wasn't expecting to hear this all of a sudden. 

 - Thanks 

 - I... I lo..love you so much...

 - What are you talking about? You're drunk, you should rest. I'm going to help you get to your room

 - No... You don't understand, I love you...

She grabbed Miyeon's arm and tried to place a hand behind her head to kiss her. Miyeon pushed her back. 

 - Stop!! 

Even drunk Shuhua could tell that Miyeon was really upset so she stopped and let Miyeon take her back to her room. 

 

When Shuhua woke up, she was hungover. She didn't remember exactly what had happened last night. But she had the feeling that something bad happened. She went to the living room to eat something and Miyeon was there. She gave her a weird look which only increased Shuhua’s feeling that she did something she shouldn't have last night. 

 

After a few minutes, Miyeon decided to confront her. She wanted to tell the younger girl to be more careful later because even drunk she shouldn’t behave like that. 

  - Do you remember what happened last night? 

  - Uhmm not really... 

Shuhua was surprised, she didn't think Miyeon would actually confront her about it. 

  - You told me that you loved me and you tried to kiss me. 

  - Oh...

Shuhua blushed and couldn't look maintain eye contact anymore. Miyeon was taken aback, she thought that Shuhua didn't mean it and that's why she had been so mad about it in the first place. 

  - Wait, do you actually feel this way? 

  - Can we stop talking about it please. 

  - Shuhuaya, tell me please, are you in love with me?

  - ... 

 

A few seconds of silence passed, they felt like minutes. Then tears started to blur Shuhua's vision. She mumbled that she was sorry. She felt extremely bad. Miyeon closed the gap between them, caressed her cheek and hugged her tight. She whispered in her ear "I want to know because I am in love with you baby". 

 

Shuhua broke the hug to look at her. 

  - Are you serious? 

  - Yes... I thought I was being really obvious about it... 

  - Well same for me... So do you want to kiss me now? Shuhua said with a smirk. It made Miyeon laugh. She loved Shuhua's personality. 

  - Yes I would like that. 

Shuhua took a step further and put one hand behind Miyeon's head. She leaned and started kissed her slowly. They both could feel shivers through their bodies. It didn't feel real to them. 

 

They started to date in secret from that day. It wasn't easy to act like they were only friends when people were around, especially in the dorm. They just wanted to express their love for each other but they were scared of the members' reactions and also that the fact they were dating would spread and they would be kicked out of the group. They were still trainees and they knew that their position was still fragile. Miyeon especially knew this because it already happened to her. So she was even more careful. 

 

One day however, when Miyeon and Shuhua came home from watching a movie together at a movie theater, Soyeon told them with a smile on her face “So did you have a nice date?”.

They both didn’t know what to say, so they just laughed nervously and told her that it wasn’t a date. 

 

Over time all of the other members made them understand clearly that they knew about their romantic relationship. Miyeon and Shuhua were shocked because they really thought that they were discreet about it. But both were happy to see their friends react so positively to the news. 

It seemed that after a difficult period of them for both of them, they finally found peace together. Shuhua finally felt at home in Korea and Miyeon didn't feel like an outcast anymore. 

They were a perfect match, Shuhua's hyper energy contrasting with Miyeon's calmer personality.

 

Their manager asked all of them to meet him. Even if they were still a pre-debut group, the company wanted them to be used to having managers around. 

When the manager got there he told them:

  - I have an announcement to make. Someone will join the group tomorrow, she's a new trainee but she's really promising.