Chapter 3

Love in Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My eyes flew open as my alarm sounded through the room. I search for my phone, and after a few seconds of struggling, I managed to switch the alarm off. The time is currently 6:30AM. I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair to brush them out, putting it in a bun. I walk out towards the kitchen, standing in front of the stove and thinking of what to cook for breakfast for Jaehwan.

Before Jaehwan wakes up from his sleep at usually 7:30AM, I managed to cook egg and corn soup for him to have for breakfast. I did not cook any breakfast for myself, as I was not a big fan of having any breakfast. It is currently 7:15AM and since time is running out, I took a quick shower without washing my hair and gets ready. As I finished getting ready, I opened the door to Jaehwan’s room to see him rubbing his eye and yawning on his bed.

“You’re awake baby?” I ask him as I make my way towards him. He blinks at me a few time and lets out a big smile. “Mommy up!” He lets out his hand, waiting for me to pick him up. I did that and he snuggles into my shoulder. “Jae, baby… I made egg and corn soup for breakfast. Let’s go eat?” I coo at him while patting his back. He nods his head and hugs me tighter.

As soon as we enter the kitchen, he lets go of me and demands to sit in his highchair. I serve him his food and watch him eat. My phone pinged as I wipe his mouth while he is eating. I look at the notification to see Baekhyun sent me a message. I opened the message and read.

From: Byun Baekhyun
Hey, a question.
How do I find you in the café?
Sent 7:50AM

To: Byun Baekhyun
I think I will be running a bit late.
Why not you text me once you get there?
Let me know where you are sitting.
Sent 7:51AM

From: Byun Baekhyun
Alright, I will let you know.
See ya later.
Sent 7:51AM

I look at Jaehwan and it seems like he is done with eating his breakfast. “Are you done, Jae?” I ask him. He looks at me and cutely nods “Are you going out mommy?” I pinch his cheeks while cleaning his mouth and gather his dishes, “Yes baby. You will be fine with Aunt Hana? I will pick you up later for your doctor’s appointment okay?”

The doorbell rings as I put Jaehwan down from his highchair. I went to open the door to let Hana in the house. I told her I would be back to pick Jaehwan up and picks up my bag to leave. She nods and wishes me to have fun.

It is currently 9AM and I still have a few more stops to the university. A message from Baekhyun came through.

From: Byun Baekhyun
Hi, I just reached the café.
I am sitting by the big window…
Near the entrance of the café.
Do you want anything from the café?
Sent 9:05AM

To: Byun Baekhyun
Ermm, if you do not mind…
Could you get me an Ice Americano?
I will pay you back of course.
And I just reached at the university.
Sent 9:07AM

From: Byun Baekhyun
It is fine. There is no need to pay.
We will be meeting quite frequently anyways.
You can pay next time~
Sent 9:10AM

I walked into the café as I got his last message. I turn to the left to the big windows. I saw a person sitting there looking at his phone with two Ice Americanos on the table. I look at his appearance. His black hair looking so shiny and soft and he is wearing a black pullover, showing how broad his shoulders are. I slowly walk up to him. He looks up as I was nearing him, probably feeling a presence nearby.

I gave him a small smile and gave a little bow, “Byun Baekhyun-shi?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter