Chapter 1

Love in Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summer has passed. Autumn came knocking. The perfect weather for me to be out wearing long sleeves and coats without sweating. It seems like the leaves on the trees has started to turn yellow, orange and brown as I make my way towards a nearby park by my apartment. I sat on a bench under a tree and looked at the leaves falling from its trees. How I wish I could be with someone during this period.

I looked around and noted how peaceful the park is. There is a whole view of the playground in the middle of the park where I am sitting. I took note of bringing Jaehwan here when I make time.

As I stare at the slides, getting lost in my thoughts, I could see someone in my peripheral vision. He sat down on a bench that is a few benches away from me. My eyes unknowingly are drawn to him as he has his hands in his coat and his eyebrows furrowed. As I tilt my head to read more of his body language, my phone in my pocket rang. I snapped out from scanning him and reached for my phone. I let out a smile as I saw it was the babysitter of Jaehwan calling. I picked up the phone and started to converse.

“Hello?” I asked with a smile, knowing fully it is Jaehwan calling rather than the babysitter. “Mommy? Where are you? Are you coming home soon?” Jaehwan asking in a soft voice, probably feeling sad, as I was not there when he woke up from his nap.
“I’m coming home soon baby. Did you have a good nap?” I coo at him.

As Jaehwan was telling me about his nap and a dream he had, my eyes unknowingly went back to the man sitting a few benches away from me. As my eyes reached him, I was startled. Apparently, he was watching me as I was on the phone. He had his head tilted as he stares at me. None of us broke off the eye contact but he gave me a small smile and nodded as he stood up to take his leave. Instead of reciprocating his action, I shamelessly stare at his back until he entered his car and drove off.

As I keyed in the passcode for the apartment and entered, Jaehwan came straight running towards

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter