Chapter 2

Love in Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was too excited to wait until next week to upload another chapter...
So here is the second chapter of Love in Autumn~

- EXOLight -

Time check, 9AM. Class starts at 10AM and I am running late. It is a 30-minute bus ride to the university but the waiting time of the bus is uncertain. I went around my room to pack my laptop, planner, stationeries and personal belongings. I let out a yelp as I stubbed my toe and limped my way out of my room.

“Joel, baby? Jaehwan-ah!” I called for him, as I wore my shoes hastily, ready to go off for class at the university. I constantly look at the clock to note the time as I was running late.

“Yes, Mommy?” He came running as I wear my shoe to leave the house. I knelt down to his eye level, “Listen to Aunt Hana okay? Do not give her any trouble. Promise?” He gave a bright smile and nodded, “Okay! Mommy, do well for today. Hwaiting!” I gave him a kiss and shouted goodbye to Hana as I rush out the door.

The moment I stepped foot onto campus, I ran to class with 5 minutes to spare. I went to settle down onto my seat that I had “proclaimed” since the first lesson. I took out my laptop and switched it on as I took out my other items. I let out a breath as I look around the class to calm myself down. I sat alone near the back of the lecture room and saw different cliques being formed at the front as the class has yet to start. No one dared to approach me from the first lesson, as I did not intend to make any friends.

Not long after, the professor walked through the door. In his hand has a box with a hole at the top. Whispers travelled across the room, about the box. He started the lesson without mentioning anything regarding the box. I assume we will get to know at the end of the lesson.

15 minutes before the lesson ends, “Alright class! Listen up. As you have noticed, I brought a box with me at the start of the lesson. Inside the box contains name of students from other courses. As this is your last semester on campus, before your next semester of internship, an assignment was made throughout the courses of the university for the third-year students. For the next two months, you and your partner from a different course would be teaching one another regarding your own courses. The reason for this assignment is to let the students have a broader aspect of other careers out there in the world. Who knows, you might want to venture off to a different career in the future. So let us start with the name pickings shall we? Everyone comes up to the front and make a line. You may leave after picking a name.”

As my classmates started to make a line for the name picking, I packed my belongings slowly as the line was still long. I waited until the line got shorter and went to queue. There were about six more people behind me as I put my right hand in the box. I felt around the box to feel some papers in it. I picked one and took my hand out with the paper in my hand. I opened the paper and read it. My professor was waiting for the name of my partner. I look at him and said, “Byun Baekhyun, a third-year student of International Business course.” He gave me a smile and passed me another piece of paper. I look at it and I assume he just gave me my partners’ number.  

I sat at my living room, on the floor with my laptop and papers scattered around on the coffee table. Hana had brought Jaehwan out to the park as I had assignment from other classes yet to be completed. The assignme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter