glance, glance, don't steal a glance at me

They Say That You and I Look Good Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yura was quite surprised when she was offered to be a part of the program, We Got Married. The program was especially popular, and the chance to be on it was amazing. Not to mention the fact that she would be paired up with a male celebrity and have a fake marriage like relationship. Ho ho~ to say it excited her was an understatement. 

The boost in Girl's Day popularity due to their hit songs had given them the start of their group's career and their individual careers. Each member was gaining their own form of recognition, and it was an exciting time for them. Yura was especially happy to be on a reality/variety shows because it sounded like a fun experience. She watched a lot of TV at home and she liked to believe that she has a knack for variety shows. Not to brag or anything. 

The first day of filming was extremely nerve-wracking. Normally the dressing rooms were a place of comfort and relaxation for the members. They would lay on the couch and relax, munching on some snacks before they were called for a performance. However, it was hard to act normal when the walls were lined with cameras and every corner was a staff member giving them signals and watching them intently with a notepad on hand. The only thing that was keeping her from being a nervous mess on camera was the fact that her members were there with her. They were almost like a safety net. Contrary to popular belief, it takes Yura a while to get used to the cameras before opening up. Being on stage meant that she would share the camera time with her members. But on a reality show that will only be centered on her and a male, she was not sure how she would act. 

So that's how reality TV looks like from the other side.

Now she realized how impressive other celebrities can be so casual with all this equipment in front of them. Respect.

The events leading up to finally meeting her virtual husband was quite frustrating as she had to run around the MBC building with a ring and picture in hand, going into rooms looking for her husband. What made it worse was how the idols were joking around. It was all in good fun though. 

When she finally met her virtual husband, it was the rising model turned actor, Hong Jonghyun. 

The first thought was whoa...my husband...

He was really handsome. As expected from a model. 

But upon their first interaction, it was quite disappointing. Not that she was disappointed because of who it was. She was grateful to be paired with someone like him. However...she was kind of expecting someone much more livelier? 

Yura was simply going off of what she believed to be personalities that matched well together. In the eyes of the public, wouldn't the best couples be the ones who can match well? Her previous boyfriends were like her personality. They were happy, energetic, and knew how to have a great time. 

Hong Jonghyun was different. Besides the usual pleasantries, they could not even look at each other, much less talk to each other. He didn't seem like someone who was easy to talk to, maybe even a little intimidating. Like a wall that can't be penetrated. She almost sighed just thinking about how awkward and cringe worthy their scenes might be. They'll probably get cut off of the episode. She laughed at the thought of watching the episode without them in it. 

Regardless, Yura was a smart girl, and she knows how to read people well. She noticed a few things about her new husband after spending two days with him. 

He was quiet but considerate. There were plenty of moments where he took care of her since she has a habit of bumping into things and slipping. He also held onto her during the bungee jump, even though she was probably heavy and he was probably uncomfortable.  He was shy. SHe wasn't sure why that might be the case, but she would catch him freeze up when she gets close. Every time she would lean a little close towards him, he would pause and slowly shift backwards as if trying to avoid her or try not to get too close to her. Yura would have been offended if she didn't find it cute.  He was very uncomfortable with the cameras. Again, she wasn't sure the reasons behind his behavior but when the cameras would stop recording; she noticed him loosen up. It was almost like a weight was lifted. 

Ah...it was like a light bulb was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter