Seungri

Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment I open the curtains and see the waves crashing against the sandy beach, I have zero regrets about paying expensive upgrades fee for an ocean view.  The sun is shining and the sky is clear.  Its perfect weather for a wedding and I'm actually excited to celebrate my friend Bom's big day.

     Being back in my hometown after all this time feels nostalgic especially when I think about all the memories this place holds.  After high school, I moved across the country to pursue theater, and I've only come back for holidays and weddings. It's hard to believe it has been ten years since I've called this place home, but even after all this time, a part of me will always be here.

     A knock rings out the door, and I'm quick to answer it, hoping it's my breakfast.  When I see it's Daesung, I frown. 

     "Well, good morning to you," he says with attitude.  He purses his lips, his hip, and then let himself inside .

     "Sorry, I was hoping you were food.  I'm starving." I closed the door behind him. 

     "Oh boy.  You're gonna eat today?" He turns and asks me seriously, gazing his eyes up and down my body.  I'm still in my pj's, so I glare at him for being judgy. 

     "Um yes?  I kinda need it to like survive and stuff."

     "Not if you want to fit in that thing you call a suit you packed." He snickers.

     "Thanks for your support and all..."  I mock.  "But I'll be fine.  Now why are you here so early. "

     "Uh, no reason."  He immediately looks away and I know he's lying through his teeth. 

     "Hyung, I've known you for most of my life and know when you're hiding something from me.  So you're either spill the tea or, I'll just assume it's nothing important."  He lives for the drama, considering we both majored in theater arts, and he's the King in blowing things out of proportions. So anytime I pretend it's not interesting, he caves.

      "Man, you know me better than that," he tells me with a head shake. 

     Exactly.  "Then just tell me because once my food is here,  I'm giving all my attentions to my eggs."

     "Fine." He sits on the bed and pat the spot next to him.  I purse my lips and take a seat.  "I might have run into Choi Seunghyun last night." He bites down his lower lip, and I laugh at his pathetic attempt at being coy.

     "What?  How?"

     "At the hotel bar," he explains.  "While you went to bed like an old man at seven, I stayed up and enjoyed my youth."

     I roll my eyes.  "It wasn't seven," I defend.  Seven thirty. 

.    "Okay, well anyway grandpa, we started talking and taking shots, and one thing led to another..." He lingers, and I know where exactly where this is going.  Daesung is my best friend, but he's also a manwhore---his words, not mine but true, nevertheless.

     "And you guys ed all night long, and now you're avoiding him while he sleeps in your room?" I finished his sentence. 

      He makes a face and crosses his legs. "Something along those lines." He pretends to look at his nails as if they're the most interesting thing in the room.

     I burst out laughing.  "You're gonna leave him in there?"

     He lies down in my bed like a starfish.  "I haven't seen him in a decade, Ri, but it was like no time has passed at all. He still has those luscious dark locks, with that chiseled jaw, and a mouth like..."

     "Stop. Stop.  Too much information. " I held up my hand.  "Did you know he'd be here?"

     "Well I might follow his Instagram page."

     So that's a yes. Stalker.

     "I didn't know Bom stayed in touch with him." 

     "He works with her fiance, and they asked him to do a reading during the ceremony. "

     "Oh, I wonder who else from high school is here then." I ask aloud, though mostly to myself.

     I haven't stayed close to anyone since graduation except Daesung and Bom.  After I had my diploma in hand, I moved to New York to attend theater school and have been there since.  Daesung was chosen for a scholarship at the same one, so we took the plunge and became roommates.  We met in middle school, and as they say, the rest is history.  He's the reason I was interested in performing arts in the first place, so it only felt right we did it together. 

     "Considering Bom was quite popular and stuck around, I wouldn't be surprised if most of our graduating class is here," he tells me, and it's the first time I've really thought about the possibility of seeing him again. 

     "I haven't talked to anyone beside you and Bom since I left.  Doubt I'd even recognize them," I said, my lips, suddenly feeling nervous. 

     "Well if you were active on social media, you'd know these things," he reminds me once again.

     Before I can respond, there was a knock, and I fly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter