Epilogue

retrograde
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


2 weeks.
 
 2 weeks have passed since Jennie and Lisa had a nice talk at the nice place. Now, she's back to Korea, working her off for her latest portfolio of the latest happenings in South Korea. 
 
 Her exposure on international events acted as a bridge to her success. She's now the new editor-in-chief of Jackson Wang's Publishing Company. 
 
 Regardless to her new position, Jennie still wants to sharpen her skills in photography. That's why she insisted Jackson to accept her portfolios even it wasn't in her range anymore. 
 
 Many big and successful companies have been tailing her since she flew back to Korea until now, but she still chose Jackson's company. It has a special place in her heart; she knows where she truly belong. 
 
 "Stop bossing me around," Rosé warns her best friend when Jennie commands her to do something she couldn't. It pisses Rosé off. 
 
 Jennie couldn't stop joking her junior, that's why she continues to . 
 
 "Come on, Park. It is simple thing to do. What's wrong with that?"
 
 And there, Rosé snaps. "You're asking me to bring the garbage in the basement. You're asking a ing employee to do it instead a janitor. And now you're asking me what's wrong with that? Are you ed up in the head, huh, Kim? Are you a ing moron--" 
 
 "Do not curse at me, idiot. I'm talking to Jackson through a phone call and he can hear you loud and clear," 
 
 That's a lie. Jackson was at the meeting and she couldn't call him. Jennie was having a hard time holding her laugh when she saw her best friend paled. 
 
 "Wha-- I--" The junior couldn't utter a word. She doesn't know what to do. Rosé keeps on moving from side to side. 
 
 Jennie bursts out laughing while Rosé looks at her flatly. Her senior was almost rolling on the floor, clutching her stomach. 
 
 Rosé was quick to find something to throw at her best friend -- Jennie's old portfolio. She throw it with too much passion, aiming perfectly to the woman who was sitting on the floor. 
 
 Bulls eye. The older didn't even give her a look, because her eyes were already settled on the last page of the portfolio. The photograph of the mysterious girl at the street of Seoul. 
 
 "Hey," Rosé tries to steal Jennie's attention to the picture, hoping that Jennie's sadness would vanish. 
 
 But she failed. The senior's eyes were still glued on the picture. Jennie feels like she was hypnotized by the photograph; she couldn't look away from the woman. 
 
 Her heart should be pounding, but she was shocked when her heart calms like she was resting or doing something that could relax the pace of her heart. A single tear escapes from her eye.
 
 Rosé was confused by Jennie's weird action. She knows that Jennie could get sad easily, but it doesn't mean that she could cry easily. 
 
 Jennie didn't realize that she was crying. She felt a strange connection with the woman in the photograph and it made her heart twitched in pain.
 
 Minutes later, a hands grip her shoulder. She found an amazing woman behind her, wearing a comforting smile that brought her back to life. It was strange, though. The way Lisa comforts her like she knows what was happening. 
 
 The Thai helps her to stand up and she obliged immediately. Lisa was rubbing her thumb on Jennie's knuckles to calm her down and smiles for the second time like she was reassuring the latter that everything would be alright. 
 
 Jennie loves that side of Lisa; she wouldn't ask what's happening. She would just stay with her and comfort her until she feels better. 
 
 "Come with me," Lisa leads the way to somewhere. Even if she's in oblivion, Jennie follows the Thai. 
 
 After minutes of asking Lisa, Jennie gives up on interrogating the younger. She waits until the car pulled over at the facade of the small establishment. 
 
 Jennie didn't go out of the car and waits for the woman to open the door. Even if she doesn't want it, she knows that Lisa would insist on being a gentle woman. She would even tell Jennie to get inside the car again so she could open the door for her. Smooth motherer.

The Thai leads the way and went inside the building. She opens the door and waits for Jennie. "Ladies first," Jennie laughs at her silliness. 
 
 "Aren't you a lady too?" 
 
 "I am, but you're my priority." 
 
 The Korean walks faster than Lisa because she's blushing real hard. And she doesn't want Lisa to hear her loud heartbeats. Lisa shook her head while chuckling. This woman is really something. 
 
 But then, Jennie stops midway and turns around. She smiles awkwardly to Lisa. "You don't know the way, do you?" 
 
 Jennie slaps Lisa's arm. She loves to slap it when she's embarrassed or blushing, it is her way to make Lisa feel that she's happy. 
 
 "Can't you walk faster?" Jennie fakes her annoyed tone, making the Thai laugh like there's no tomorrow.
 
 Jennie was speechless when they stopped in front of the glass door of an unfamiliar room. Boxing Gym. The Korean looks at Lisa with confusion, and the Latter immediately understood the look. 
 
 "Uncle Jackson and I usually come here to release some sweats. This is where I go when I'm mad," Lisa says and opens the door for Jennie.
 
 A man welcomes them and did a shake hands with Lisa. Jennie stares at them curiously. After the ritual shake hands, Lisa puts her arm around Jennie's shoulders. 
 
 "Bam, this is Jennie, my friend," Jennie shook her hand with Bambam's. They smile to each other. "Jen, this is Bambam, my friend and the owner of this gym."
 
 "What are we doing here?" Jennie whispers on Lisa's ear as they follow the man to the locker room. 
 
 The warm breath coming from Jennie caused an electric feeling on Lisa. She couldn't comprehend what was Jennie saying that time because all she could hear was her own heartbeat. 
 
 "Lis?" 
 
 Then she went back to her senses. "Y-yeah? What was that again?"
 
 "What are we going to do here?" Bambam opens the door for them. Lisa wasn't able to answer Jennie's question when Bambam speaks. 
 
 "Do you have any equipment with you?" Bambam says as he take a look inside the lockers, trying to find a spot where Lisa and Jennie could place their things.
 
 "Can we buy from you?" Lisa says and Jennie was fast to react. "Are we really doing this?" 
 
 The younger didn't bother to answer Jennie and accepts the equipment from Bambam. Lisa tosses it to Jennie and the latter caught it fast. 
 
 "Get change. I'll be waiting for you there," Lisa points at the boxing ring in the middle of the gym. Jennie sighs in defeat. 
 
 Jennie hasn't gotten into fistfight before, so she doesn't have any knowledge about it. I guess I'll go with the flow. 
 
 

 


 
 Good thing Lisa was wearing a sports bra that time because she went to Jisoo's place to play volleyball with their friends. She casually takes off her polo and her track pants, leaving her thin and pale-white body with a sports bra and cycling shorts. 
 
 "You brought a friend here, that's so not you," Bambam tries to annoy the woman in front of her. Lisa rolls her eyes when Bambam quoted the word friend. 
 
 "She's sad. She needs to release it." 
 
 Bambam shrugs, "Whatever you say." Lisa didn't bother to make an explanation. She waits for the other woman as she warms up.
 
 Minutes later, Jennie walks out the locker room. Jennie and Lisa have the same outfit. Exposing her body wasn't a big deal for Jennie, she loves to wear a bikini and revealing clothes.
 
 If you're a first timer, your mouth would drop when you saw Jennie in a sports bra and cycling shorts. Her braided hair adds a point to her charisma. The curves would surely leave you breathless. 
 
 Lisa stares at her flat stomach. When she realized that she was drooling, her eyes immediately settled on Jennie's. 
 
 "You ready?" Lisa asks while helping the woman who was having a hard time on wearing the gloves. 
 
 The space between them was almost gone. Their heads were almost touching. Jennie could feel Lisa's breath. The Korean steps backward, afraid that Lisa could hear her pounding heart. 
 
 Lisa smiles when she was done. It made her nose crunch, and Jennie pinch her nose because of too much cuteness. 
 
 Bambam gives them the mouthpieces and they immediately start the sparring.

Without further ado, Jennie punches Lisa. The Thai hisses in pain and turns to different direction. She looks at Jennie and she saw the flame inside her eyes. Lisa laughs because of anticipation. 
 
 "That's it? That's your anger? Come on! Punch me!" 
 
 Lisa encourages the older like she wasn't going to pass out if they continue to do that. Jennie growls as she throws punches on Lisa. 
 
 The younger accepts the punches with so much care. She couldn't let herself get beaten because she worries about Jennie. Who would comfort her if I'm hurting physically?
 
 The impact of the punches was unbearable but Lisa couldn't feel anything. She became numb because of too much pain she's receiving. Lisa feels nothing but happiness, that's what love can do to her 
 
 Lisa and Jennie were not together for a long time, but she was aware of the existence of the mystery woman in Jennie's heart. As she was developing that feelings called love, she couldn't help but feel hurt whenever she saw Jennie crying because of it.
 
 At first, she couldn't understand why she was acting like that. Why would you cry just because of a photograph of someone you don't know? 
 
 Then as time goes by, she understood the situation slowly. She understood Jennie's feelings by watching her. When Jennie thought she was alone, Lisa was standing behind her, watching her crying silently. 
 
 All those time, Lisa was listening to Jennie without uttering a single word. Even if Lisa knows that Jennie didn't know that she was there, Lisa was still listening to her. 
 
 Her heart was growing and breaking simultaneously, but it didn't stop her from loving the older. Instead, it made her love Jennie more than she expected. 
 
 She witnessed the way Jennie change her mood whenever they walk around the Seoul. It was like she was looking for someone and was constantly looking at every woman at the street.  
 
 Lisa could say that their relationship was going well, but it doesn't mean that they're not bickering anymore. Every time they have a contrast opinion, expect that they would argue for the whole day. 
 
 She loves to have a serious talk with Jennie regarding to anything. Lisa loves the way she talk about something and she could feel her confidence. The Thai was admiring her secretly. 
 
 Lisa loves to annoy Jennie, and she would annoy her when she gets a chance. She wouldn't let go of Jennie until she annoys the latter. 
 
 She wanted to ask Jennie if she could take a look at the photograph, but she always forgot to mention it. That's why she promised to herself to ask it after their sparring session. 
 
 Jennie was panting heavily after she punches Lisa continuously. Bambam hands her a tumbler full of water and she drinks it in a snap. The younger walks to the corner and sits, trying to normalize the pace of her heart. 
 
 "Thank you," Jennie says the only thing she could that time. She hands Lisa the same tumbler and Lisa gladly accepts it. The Korean looks away so fast when she saw the sweat running from Lisa's forehead to her chest. 
 
 Jennie gulps the lump in . The younger notices the tension and she smirks. 
 
 "Like what you are seeing?" 
 
 There goes the annoying Lisa. Jennie rolls her eyes and jumps out the ring. She wastes no time on drying herself, so she reaches for the towel. 
 
 Lisa finds herself admiring every little thing from Jennie. She smiles when Jennie's eyes met hers. 
 
 If this is what I am going to see everyday, how am I supposed to go back to Thailand? 
 
 


 
 Another day means another chance for Lisa to annoy Jennie. Yeah, that's her daily routine. 
 
 Jennie wakes up to the sound of the door being knocked by someone. She left the bed without checking herself in the mirror and walks like a zombie.
 
 "Good morning, Deukie!" Lisa shouts in front of Jennie's face. The older was closing her eyes so hard because of the sound of the trumpet Lisa was holding. 
 
 "What the ?" Jennie's face was projecting an unbelievable expression.

"Good morning to you, too, babe." Lisa enters the room without asking for the owner's permission. Jennie couldn't do anything about it, so she let the annoying wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter