Two

retrograde
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Park Chaeyoung,"

 

Rosé startled when she heard Jennie's cold voice behind her. It sent shivers to her spine, so it means she'll say something serious.

 

"I'll bring you with me in Thailand for AGE. The head told me I'll be the representative of the company."

 

The junior's mouth drops and her eyes widens when she heard the news. She'll easily believe her senior with that, that's one of the topics Jennie couldn't joke about.

 

Chaeyoung knew how Jennie badly wants to achieve her dreams, and she's probably the happiest person right now. Her dreams were coming true one by one. Rosé was happy for her friend; knowing that she would be able to show-off her talents in the world. She'd bet Jennie was ecstatic about it.

 

Rosé brings her hand on to cover it, but fails to stop the squeal. It made their co-workers look at them, again.

 

"Everyone! Our Jennie here would be the representative of our company at the AGE, aren't you excited for that?"

 

Jennie was surprised to hear Rosé flexing her recent achievement to their co-workers. That wasn't Rosé's style, though. They prefer to keep it from their selves than to say it to others.

 

"C'mon, dude. Don't embarrass me,"

 

"Shut up, they deserve to know."

 

The younger faces their co-workers once again to smile at them and responses to their greetings. Jennie awkwardly smiles at them.

 

Jennie drags Rosé to the nearest comfort room and locks the door. Rosé faces her with her questioning face.

"Oh my God, Park Chaeyoung, that was so embarrassing,"

 

The younger just rolls her eyes to her senior and sighs. She pretends to be done by the topic, albeit she's still hyping about it.

 

"When are we leaving?"

 

"Tomorrow."

 

It took Rosé 0.03 milliseconds to look at Jennie.

 

"What the hell?"

 

Jennie sighs. "Yeah, what the hell,"

 

"What about my remaining paperwork? I need to finish it 'til Friday, Jen."

 

The senior smiles at her to reassure Rosé.

 

"Don't worry about it, someone will handle it while we're gone."

 

 

 

 

 

"Help me with my goddamn luggage, Kim Jennie!"

 

Rosé yells at her senior as she struggles to hold her luggage. Her right hand was pulling her suitcase, while her left hand was holding her duffel bag. They were going to stay at the country for a week.

The older walks like she's walking on the runway. Her hips were swaying from left to right, and her head was not moving. The sunglasses adds to the charisma of Kim Jennie as she walks to the arrival area.

 

She turns to see how miserable her junior was; she couldn't decide if she's going to laugh or help her.

 

"Don't ing laugh, Kim. This is not funny anymore."

 

Jennie rolls her eyes and sighs loudly. She reaches for Rosé's duffel bag and joins the latter to get inside their car.

 

The company provided them a car to use just in case they want to travel anywhere in Thailand. They also gave them pocket money. Jennie and Rosé couldn't be happier than ever.

 

Jennie wanders around the area, looks like she's looking for something--someone, rather.

 

The junior notices the look on Jennie's face and asked the latter, "Are you okay? Do you need anything?"

 

Jennie jolts in her seat and immediately shook her head many times. "No, no, I'm fine. I'm just wondering if she'd come,"

 

Rosé raises a brow. "She?"

 

The older nodded. "Mr. Wang told me his niece would accompany us while we're here."

 

"A Chinese too?"

 

"I don't know,"

 

The two beauties were fast asleep as they wait for their car to arrive at their hotel. Jennie was the first to wake up from a light sleep. A ballad song filled Jennie's ears as she leans her head on the window, the song catches her attention when she heard the familiar intro of Son Chaeyoung--Rosé's bias.

Jennie smiles. She didn't think Someone Like Me by TWICE would be played on one of Thailand's radio station, but she's more than happy that the song is currently played.

 

It means many people are appreciating TWICE's b-sides even if it was one of their old songs.

 

"Excuse me? Can you please adjust the volume to its maximum?"

 

"On it."

 

The Korean grins widely. "Thank you."

 

She waits until the volume increased. Jennie watches her colleague to be bombarded by one of Rosé's favorite song, and laughs when she saw Rosé's what-the--Kim-Jennie-face.

 

The move was intentional, Jennie did it to wake up Rosé because they're approaching their destination.

 

The look on Rosé's face fades when she familiarize herself to the song and sang along. Jennie found herself jamming with Rosé on the chorus.

 

Rosé checks the driver to see if it was alright to have a mini concert inside the Maserati provided by the company, and smiles to the driver when she met the old man's eyes on the rear view mirror.

 

Minutes later, the car stops in facade. Jennie went outside to get their luggage, Rosé did the same thing. But before they start to get their things, three men in black were quick to take out their bags from the compartment.

 

They stare in awe, amaze on how they work in sync.

 

"The company never fails to amaze me," Jennie said as they walk through the red carpet, leading the way to the lobby.

 

"Same thought."

 

Jennie smiles softly to the woman in front of her without removing the cold and sharp look of her eyes. "Reservation for Kim Jennie and Park Chaeyoung."

 

The woman nods, "A moment, please,"

 

They wait in silence, Rosé checks out the woman and looks at Jennie. Jennie's brows furrowed, giving her junior a confused look. "Why are you grinning like an idiot?"

 

"Here are your key cards. Your rooms are 408 and 409. Enjoy your stay, Ma'am."

 

Jennie and Rosé nod to the woman as soon as they received their cards. The older was the first to turn her back to the woman, while Rosé winks at her.

 

"The staff is beautiful, isn't she?"

 

"She's fine."

 

Rosé frowns. "Fine? You're gay, right?"

 

"And I'll kill you if anyone finds out that I can steal girls more than men."

 

The younger's mouth forms an 'o' when she heard her senior's statement. Rosé couldn't help but clap in a quiet way, she doesn't want to attract attention from the people at the hotel.

 

Jennie rolls her eyes playfully at her junior.

 

Tiring days are going to be more tiring than it actually does.

 

 

 

 

The night was pretty normal than usual, it was between hot and cold, and it surprises Jennie. Living in a tropical island was great, but she'll always prefer South Korea than any country in the world.

 

Jennie sits on the recliner that placed on the veranda as she waits for her boss to call her. She couldn't make a call because she thinks it would be rude. The wall between her and her boss was too high to reach, all she has to do is to respect.

 

The moon illuminates the dark side of the world and the zephyr was hugging Jennie. She hugs her legs and rests her chin on it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter