Let's start again

Try Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let’s start again

 

“Yul? Hello? Yul?”, Yuri can hear Jessica’s voice, keep calling her name.

She got panicked and hung up the phone immediately. She didn’t know what she was thinking, calling Jessica on impulse. She stared at her phone again, slightly hoping that Jessica would call her back. But it ended up as merely a hope. The call that she was expected never came from Jessica.

 

A week passed after both of them caught of the moment and tried to contact each other. After that, it went silent. No other text message or phone call from Jessica and Yuri didn’t try either. Yuri thought it was just a one-time weak moment that they both had. But they shouldn’t make it a big deal out of it. They both have moved on. Right….?

Yuri just finished her shoot for her new drama when one of the staffs informed her that one of her friend paid a visit on her. Yuri smiled and thinking that maybe it was one of her members. When Yuri walked towards her trailer to check who came to see her, she almost faint when she found Jessica there, leaning on the trailer and flashing a little smile to her.

Yuri froze at her spot. She was unable to move her feet towards Jessica. Jessica took the initiative and dragged herself to Yuri, creating a small distance between them.

“How are you?”, Jessica asked.

“Wh-what are you doing here?”, Yuri stuttered.

“Well I ---“, Jessica paused. “ Uhm.. – The last time I received a call from you but you hang up. I just ---“

“You can simply call me back.”, Yuri cut Jessica’s word before she could finished her sentence.

“I miss you.”, Jessica said again.

Yuri hitches her breath and her eyes widen. She could feel her heartbeat starting to race. Hearing that word directly from Jessica’s lips sound very different compared to reading it on the text. It makes her whole body shiver.

“Do you have time for dinner? I – I think it would be nice to catch up.”, Jessica supplied again, but she blushed. She just asked Yuri, her ex-girlfriend, out for a dinner. It was so sudden, Jessica was aware of that. But she misses Yuri so much.

Yuri sighed inwardly. She tried to think whether it would be a wise decision to accept the invitation. She did miss this ice princess. But does she have to do this?

“If you don’t want to, it is fine.”, Jessica chuckled awkwardly when she was sensing a hesitation from Yuri.

“Okay.”, Yuri nodded, making Jessica eyes turned bright. “But can we have dinner at my place instead? It’s not safe if we get caught having meal outside.”

“Alright. Thank you.”, Jessica said, she could not hide the excitement in her tone.

“You drove here, right? Just meet me at my place. I am sure you still remember how to get there.”

Jessica nodded. Of course she remembers where Yuri lives. She used to own the same apartment unit on the same building area. After they broke up, she sold it. She could not stand the idea of bumping into Yuri when she was still curing her broken heart back then.

Jessica smiled to herself while entering the house that was really familiar to her. A memories came back in a flash on her mind as she looked around and reminisce the times they both spent on that place.

“It’s… --- it still looks the same.”, Jessica murmured.

Yuri smiled, also remembering the struggle she had when they broke up as every corner in this house reminded her of Jessica. “I changed it a little. Not too much. What do you want to eat, Sica? Do you mind if I cook?”

“I would love to eat whatever food you will cook for me.”, Jessica beamed.

While Yuri was busy on her kitchen, Jessica found herself staring at the black pearl all the time. Oh how she wanted to give Yuri a back-hug, just like the old times, when Jessica like to clung to Yuri and hug her from behind, distracting Yuri who were cooking. Yuri could feel her audience and turned her head, caught Jessica who quickly lower her head, pretending to look at somewhere else. 

Yuri chuckled. “Why are you looking at me?”

Jessica’s cheek turned pink as she was embarrassed Yuri caught her staring. “No.. I --- I just --- It’s been a long time since I see you cook”

Jessica kept praising the taste of the food after Yuri presented her home-cooked meal. It was not a sophisticated dish, but Jessica loved it. She always loved whatever Yuri made for her.

“Do you miss me?”, suddenly Jessica asked, in the middle of eating.

Yuri startled hearing the question. But she didn’t say anything. Of course she misses Jessica. But it hurts whenever she remembered how broke her heart was when Jessica left.

“Why did you call and hung up?”, Jessica asked again, still wanted any explanation from Yuri.

“Why didn’t you call me back?”, Yuri retorted, didn’t answered Jessica’s question.

“Why should I? I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter