Let's try again

Try Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let’s Try Again

Jessica was at home, enjoying her free time browsing the internet on her laptop. She was watching some of the music videos of kpop group on youtube and one lead to another, it brought her to watch SNSD’s videos. She smiled, she can’t deny that she missed the girls, and sometimes, she missed promoting with them again. Her youtube started to suggests videos other than only a music videos, but to their dorky moments, their funny moments, whether on the concerts or on the variety shows.

“Ah, those good old days…”, she thought.

She kept watching and watching, and suddenly videos about ‘yulsic’ moments started to appear. She was stunned for a while, looking at the image of Yuri and herself on her laptop screen, without any courage to click any of the videos. Her mind then wandering, playing a flashback about what she had with Yuri before.

“Yuri….”

 

Flashback

J’s POV

We were still in the middle of an argument when the van arrived to pick us up. We have a schedule to attend Seoul Music Awards today. My phone started ringing as manager oppa wants us both to come down quickly. We, however, still screaming to each other’s face and none of us ready to lose the battle yet. As I didn’t pick up my phone, it’s Yuri’s phone that is now rang. Yuri and I are practically neighbors as we bought an apartment unit in the same area and we had specifically asked manager oppa to pick us up at the same time.

Her phone kept ringing and it seemed that she also did not want to answer it anytime soon. My phone suddenly rang again and it was Tiffany who is calling me now.

“Tsk…”, I let out a sigh while seeing the name on my phone screen. 

Yuri was still talking non-stop. I know all the members are getting impatient and I don’t want us to be the reason on being late to the awards. So I cut her off.

“Can we just… stop now?”, I said. 

“What???”, Yuri’s eyes widened, half screaming. I know she still want to continue her argument.

“We cant keep them waiting! We’re going to be late!”, I raised my voice again, letting out my frustration. “Can we continue this later?”

“FINE!”, Yuri scoffed and pick up her stuff, ready to walk to the door. I followed her in silent. I felt like the time ran so slowly when we walked out from the house to the elevator and then to the van, it seems like a very long journey as none of us speak and we avoid to look each other.

We entered the van also in silent. Yuri then sat beside Yoona while I opted to sit beside Tiffany.

“What took you guys so long?”, Tiffany asked, annoyed at us.

Neither Yuri nor I answered her. Tiffany just sighed. Judging by the look on our face, I bet she knew that we had a fight.

“Fight?”, she turned to me and ask quietly. I just nodded.

“But I don’t want to talk about it.”, I said quickly. I am not really in the mood of discussing our fight. Tiffany understood as she pat my head, try to calm me down.

It was a stupid fight anyway. I don’t even remember how it was started. I do realize that the issue was not that big, but somehow it lead us to argue even more and we started to blame each other. It was always like that. I don’t know how many times we have to stop our argument and just skip it without any resolution as our schedules always get in the way. As an idol, moreover being a Korean nation girlgroup, we have to be professional and never let our personal life issue affect our performance. The show must go on, a happy look must be presented no matter what we really feel at that time.

But it doesn’t matter. It always like that too. No matter how much and how bad we fight, it never mattered as we always come back to each other’s embrace. I love that black monkey too much to let her go. Somehow we always know that a fight is just a fight, it wont ruin what we have.

 

Y’s POV     

 

I took a sit beside Yoona immediately when we enter the van. My blood is still boiling from my argument with Jessica. I cant think straight right now as I don’t like it when we are forced to stop our fight suddenly. But what can we do, we cant escape our schedule and we have no choice other than to continue the argument later. The problem is, as far as I can remember, we never really continue anything everyime we were in this kind of situation. As we finished our schedule, somehow we just forget about it and back being lovey-dovey to each other.

“You guys okay?”, I heard Yoona ask when she noticed the grumpy look on my face.

“Just a stupid fight.”, I answered lazily.

She chuckled. “What is it about?”

I try to remember what we were fighting about. But my mind went blank, I cant really remember why or when did it start. It was just started to get heated more as we kept shouting and accusing at each other.

I took a glance of Jessica, who is now sitting beside Tiffany. She still keep quiet as I am sure she still hold the grudge in her heart. I sighed.

Yoona realized that I seem to be reluctant to answer. “It does not matter.”, she said. “You will make up with her in the end of the day anyway.”

She is not wrong. It is true what she said. Both of us cant stand away from each other when we fight and always ended up forgetting what was the fight about. I know I am so whipped, I fall for her, so hard, until I even miss her when we have a fight. We always knew that every fight is just another stupid fight, and both of us will never going to give up our relationship just because of that. What I have with the ice princess is too good to be true to let go.

During the whole time at the awards, we did not really speak to each other. I started to miss her. But both of us are that stubborn to make the first move. When we get the bonsang award, I think it was a reflex that suddenly she moves and standing next to me. Oh how I want to hug her tightly to celebrate our winning.

After our performance of ‘I Got A Boy’, I could not stand it anymore. I really want to talk to her. I grab her hand while we were walking back to our sit.

“Sica…”, I wanted to said something but it got stuck in my throat. She lifted up her eyebrow, waiting for me to say something.

“I…can we…”, I tried to find a word to start a conversation.

“Not now Yuri, please. We are in the middle of an event. Do you really want to fight here?”, she cut me off and let go of my hand.

I immediately frowned. I know she is the most stubborn among us but I cant help but get mad again as I already let my guard down and chose to reach out to her first, only to get a rejection from her. I stood next to her when we back to our sit, hoping that I can sit beside her. But she seemed careless making me moved my to sit next to Tiffany.  <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter