Chapter 3

Hopeless Love

You're desperately wanna know what Jimin saw that night.Is there something that you don't really know about him eventhough that you have knew him well?If he do so , you will try anything to help him in no matter what. 

You go downstairs to grab a few snacks while waiting for your movie to play.When you're about to passed your brother's room , you saw Namjoon and Jimin in there.

‘What are they talking about?’ 

You leaned against the wall.You make sure that they didn't see you.You didn't mean to hear their conversations but on second thought , maybe it could be an answer that you have been waiting for.

“I saw her that day.” Jimin said with a low voice.

“Who?” Namjoon tilted his head.

“Naeun...”

You furrowed your eyebrows. ‘Naeun?’

“Did she saw you back?” Your brother , Jin asked this time.

“Yeah...” Jimin nod his head.

“So did you guys met?” 

Jimin shook his head. 

Namjoon rubbed his neck slowly while Jin crossed his arms and he's facing the floor.They went silent for a while.

When you're about to head back to your room , Namjoon suddenly voice out.

“Do you still…love her Jimin-ah?” 

You halted your steps.

Jimin took a deep breath before he say the words that you didn't want to hear.

“Honestly…I still do love her.” He brought his head up and smiled slightly to his hyungs.

“Hope so that you will meet her again and tell her that you still love her.” Namjoon grinned showing his dimples as he tried to cheer him up. 

Jin tapped Jimin's shoulder and nod his head as he agree with the leader.

Jimin smiled widely this time.He knew that his hyungs are always there to support him and comfort him. 

While you…you stormed to your room.Feeling extremely hurt.You hugged your knees and tears start falling.

‘Who's Naeun?What was their status relationship before?Did they know each other?’ 

You glanced at the bright screen coming from your laptop where it shows that the movie is ready to be watch.You closed the laptop and curled up in your blanket. 

You should be glad that you have the answer for your long-awaited question.But the answer made you feel hurt.Feel pain in your heart.It hurts and it makes you cry.You cried and cried until you didn't realized that you have doze off. 

The next day , you do your day like usual.But for this time you feel gloomy.At school , you didn't even focus on what you're studying meanwhile during recess , you didn't even eat your lunch.What you hear last night makes you lost your appetitte.Then your thought snapped when you decided to ask Nayeon about Naeun.

“Nayeon-ah.You know that I'm not really know about this but I heard that there's a student name Naeun in our school.So I just wanna ask who is she exactly?”

“Which Naeun?” She brought her head up to look at you.

“I only know the last name.” You said nonchalantly.

“Hm...actually there's one student name Im Naeun.And you want to know what.She was Jimin sunbaenim ex-girlfriend.”

“Ex-girlfriend?” You furrowed your eyebrows.

“They broke up when Naeun had to move out in Los Angeles with her family.At first , both of them can't accept it but Jimin respected her family's decision.But after that Jimin lost contact of her.He thought that maybe she's busy moving in to her new house.He waited for her text and call everyday but there's none.Maybe she already forget about him.After years of waiting , he tried his best to move on eventhough it hurts because she was his first love.But it turns out that they didn't live longer there because Naeun confessed to her family that she wanted to finish her studys in her last grade and she wish to become an artist in the future.And her family agreed to let her do what she want to be.After Jimin's last grade , the next year she transferred here back but Jimin didn't know about that.She hopes that destiny meets the two of them again.” Nayeon explained longly to you.

The word ‘first love’ keep replaying in your head.

“Speaking of her , that's her.”

You looked at where Nayeon looked at.There you saw a beautiful girl who's entering the cafeteria with her three other friends.Her brown wavy hair , her almond shaped eyes and her small pink lips.She had the body of a model.She's so gorgeous and perfect.

‘No wonder he would fall for a girl like her.’ 

 

--- Time Lapse ---

​​​​​​You almost forgot about Hoseok's birthday and the date is today!You slapped yourself about that due to your busiest with your assignments and…your own lonely thoughts. 

You asked Jin about the cake and good news that he and Taehyung have bought it earlier.They totally won't forget about their bestfriend's birthday. 

As Hoseok came home , he's startled with the unexpected surprise.His shoulders jumped hearing the sound of the blown confetti.You're standing in the middle with a cake on your hands.And all of you started to sing , wishing him ‘Happy Birthday’ and Hoseok could only laughed with happiness seeing all of you celebrating his birthday.

“Blow the candles Hoseok-ah.” Namjoon said , pulling him in front of the cake.

He closed his eyes and gripped his hands together then make a wish before he blows the candles.You take some of the cream on your finger and smear it on his left cheek.You chuckled goofily with him.

“Thank you guysss!!!” He clapped rapidly and grinned with happiness. 

After having dinner together , you're the one who still left in the kitchen.You decided to wash the dishes so that your brother wouldn't have to do them tomorrow morning.You're focus on scrubbing the plates , you didn't realized that Jimin came in the kitchen.

“You need any help?” He ask as he already stand beside you.

Your heart skipped a lot.Your hands stopped from moving.Your eyes widen.

“I can lend a hand you know.” He smiled slighty before wear the dishwashing gloves.

“Sure.” You said clearly as you're trying to swallow your nervousness.

Your heart wouldn't sit still.You steal a glance at him and he's washing the dishes calmly.His eyes and hands fixated on what he's doing.

‘He looks like an angel.’

Just then , your hands were touching when you're about to give the last plate to him.You choked in your own throat.You try to pull back but it feels like your hand being glued.

“Oh mianhaei «y/n».” He pulled the plate from your grasp.Finally , you let go of it.Phew.

“Done!Luckily that we helped each other or not you'll be doing this alone , right?” He chuckled lightly.

“It's fine if I do this alone though but thanks for the help sunbaenim.” You smiled slightly as you're trying to hide your face that will turn to a tomato.

“It's one of the house chores so it's fine if we do it together.I will be heading to my room first , okay?”

You nod your head and watch him leave the kitchen.After making sure he's already go to his room , you sighed with relief.Your looked at your hand that was touching his earlier.

‘I got to touch his hand for the first time!’ 

You smiled sheepishly before your second thought came , ‘but will I have this moment again if he already locked someone in his heart?’ 

You sighed deeply this time.Your head dropped.

“What are you sighing at my dongsaeng?” Jin appeared then make his way towards the fridge.Taking out a carton of milk and pour it in a glass.

“Oppa...if I tell you something , will you promise me that you will keep it a secret?”

“Okay I promise.What is it?”

You trusted him with all of your heart.

“I…I fall in love with him.”

You bit your lip.

“I fall in love with Jimin.”