The carnage

City of Fear

Yerin spend some time in that cell, one hour maybe two she wasn’t sure, all she could think about was the arrest that her boss was planing. She hated that she was stuck there when she could be out to stop this mess, if only they had listened to her… Yerin sighed, she really messed up big this time, her career would be over, she lied to her boss to hide SinB’s identity and protect her and for what? For nothing because most of them and probably SinB would be arrested of worst if they resist, they could be killed.

 

Yerin wished she could go back in time and change everything, but no matter how she think about it she was sure she couldn’t fix this, the gang and the police were enemies since years and nothing could stop that. Suddenly someone approached, it was SinB. She was alone and Yerin stood up.

 

“SinB, listen to me, I’m here to prevent you about the arrest.” said Yerin sincerely.

 

“How can I believe someone that lied to my face since the beginning?” asked SinB clearly disappointed and sad that Yerin betrayed her. “How can I trust you again when you are someone I hate the most on this earth? Tell me Yerin how can I listen to you when I give you a chance and you used me?”

 

Yerin looked down. “How did you find out?” asked Yerin.

 

“Yesterday Jin had doubt when you let the girl go, he said that neither of you clearly saw her when she escaped but you knew she was girl so you probably saw her closely but let her go.” explained SinB. “When he told me that I asked him to go to your place to find more about you and he found your badge in a suitcase.”

 

“So yesterday you spend the evening with me just to stop me from going home so he could search evidence at my place?” asked Yerin and SinB looked down.

 

“You didn’t let me the choice.” said SinB

 

“You could have asked me.” said Yerin sadly.

 

SinB laughed mocking her. “As if you would have told me.”

 

“Maybe I would have, who knows?” said Yerin. “I had this feeling inside of me when I’m with you, all this time I was with you, I didn’t want to lie…”

 

“Bull.” said SinB turning her back to Yerin. “I have something to continue to prepare then later I will take care of you.” she said but Yerin passed her arm through the bars and caught SinB’s vest.

 

“Wait, they are coming, the police will come today, here and arrest you all, you have to leave.” said Yerin hoping she could save them.

 

“They can’t know, in case you are wondering, I have corrupted some cops and I know everything about their plans.” said SinB taking away Yerin’s hand to free herself.

 

“Not everything, they are fooling you, they have a special unit, a secret one, with cops from another city, that’s how I could come undercover here, if not you would have known about me, think about it.” said Yerin hoping this proof would make her believe it. “They are on their way you all need to leave…”

 

But SinB ignored her and left.

 

Yerin sighed and sat back down on the floor, it was cold and humid. Then suddenly she heard gunshots, lot of gunshots, she stood up and tried to shake the cell door but it was very hard and there was no way she could open it.

 

Jin passed and Yerin stopped him. “Jin!” she said and he turned to her. “Let me out!’ she begged him. “Let me out!”

 

“I can’t, I don’t know which side you will choose.” he said sadly.

 

“I won’t hurt any of you, I want to stop this!” she said sincerely. He hesitated but opened the cell.

 

She got out and took a gun, he took the guns he was looking for in the first place and they went closer to the fight scene.

 

The cops were in the parking, the entered and tried to access the other part, some bodies were on the floor. SinB was firing some meters away in their direction making them step back. Yerin ran to her and helped her, she shot in the legs of the cop from the special unit coming from another city but more were coming. She took SinB by the arm and took her away, they could hear more gunshot behind them, Jin followed them but stopped and looked at them.

 

“I will try to slow them down, you two go out.” he said but the girls hesitated suddenly one cop entered and shot Jin once, then twice and the boy fell on the floor, the cop fired at SinB’s direction but Yerin jumped in front of her and took the bullet in the stomach as she was falling she fired and hit the cop who fell. It was suddenly calm the only gunshot they could hear came from more far away.

 

“Why did you do that?!” asked SinB getting closed to Yerin. “Are you stupid or what?” she asked her, tears in eyes. “I just lost my gang, they were my family, I lost Jin, he was my best friend and now you…”

 

“I will be fine, just go and hide, they don’t know who you are, I will take care of everything, just go…” said Yerin feeling more and more weak.

 

“Why would you do that for a criminal like me…?” asked SinB frowning.

 

“Because of this feeling I have inside of me everytime I’m with you…” said Yerin sincerely. “Now go!”

 

SinB hesitated. “Go!” insisted Yerin again and SinB left.

 

The boss arrived and find Yerin he ran to her. “You alright?” he asked and she nodded. “We took down this place, we arrested a lot of guys.” he said. “I hope the leader is in the group or is dead.” he said and Yerin nodded.

 

“I know who is the leader boss.” said Yerin pointing at Jin dead body. “It was him, I just find out before you arrived…” she said and the boss seemed very satisfied. 

 

“We will take you to the hospital with all the injured people then we will celebrate our victory.” he said as the medical unit arrived and took care of everyone on the floor, they took all the officers and all the gang members injured into ambulances. Yerin fell asleep on her way to the hospital and woke up some hours lated in a white room it was so bright that she could barely open her eyes and her hip was hurting so much that she groaned at the pain.

 

“You will be fine.” said a voice she knew well.

 

As she opened her eyes slowly she saw SinB sitting beside her. She was wearing a white shirt and a black pants, she was looking so pretty.

 

“So you escaped…?” asked Yerin and SinB nodded.

 

“I wouldn’t have without your help.” she said then she sighed. “I lost a lot of my men though…” she added sadly. “Maybe I should have listened to your warning, I was so sure to control everything that I didn’t want to think they could fool me… now look at us…”

 

“I just wanted to avoid anyone being killed no matter what side…” said Yerin sincerely.

 

“I know…” said SinB looking down. “They say you will have to stay there for at least one week, the ball stopped on your pelvic bone so they had to take it out, but it didn’t hit any organs so you kinda are lucky.” smiled SinB.

 

“Yeah I’m so lucky.” joked Yerin then they heard a knock on the door and SinB first reaction was to take her gun out.

 

“Yerin it’s me.” said the voice and Yerin frowned. It was her boss.

 

Yerin made sign to SinB to go hide in the bathroom just in time as her boss entered. “How do you feel?” he asked as he came closer. “You did a good job these past few weeks. We officially made you inspector.” he said as he showed her her new badge.

 

“Thank you.” she said holding the badge proudly.

 

“We can’t wait to see you at the police station as soon as you are getting better.” he said patting her leg then leaving her.

 

SinB slowly opened the door as he was gone and came closer to Yerin.

 

“Wow an inspector, good job.” she said laughing. “You know I want to think not all cops are bastard, I know a very great one that risked her life for me.” said SinB sitting on Yerin’s bed and taking Yerin’s hands in hers. “I will never be able to thank you enough for what you did.”

 

“You are alive and free that’s the most important.” said Yerin squeezing SinB’s hand tenderly.

 

“Well I have to go, I have a lot of work…” said SinB standing up but Yerin didn’t let go of her hand.

 

“Work?” asked Yerin confused.

 

“The godfriend gang will reborn like always, I need to gather the rest of the gang or other people will try to take some piece of my cake, and I won’t let anyone have my territory.” explained SinB determined, Yerin could see like fire in SinB’s eyes, she girl was so strong and seemed so powerful.

 

“You seriously never stop.” said Yerin laughing.

 

“Can’t change who I am.” winked SinB. “And it better be me ruling this town than someone else, I’m probably the nicest criminal you will ever know.” she smiled and caressed Yerin’s cheek.

 

“You? The nicest?” asked Yerin with a teasing tone.

 

“Well the nicest of the worst.” answered SinB and they both laughed at their silliness. They stayed silent some minutes then Yerin sighed and looked up, she met eyes with SinB, it looked like she wanted to say something too but it wasn’t coming out.

 

“Will I... see you again...?” finally asked Yerin sadly.

 

SinB bit her lips and looked at Yerin in the eyes. Yerin could see the hesitation but also the excitement in the other girl’s eyes. “I’m sure an inspector like you won’t let me go that easily right?” she answered on a lighter tone and Yerin nodded.

 

“I will be on your back everyday, you better count on me to be around every time you take a breathe, I will do everything to stop your little business.” said Yerin determined. “There won’t be a moment when I won’t run after you…” added Yerin more softly.

 

“You better be…” said SinB her breathing accelerating a little as she bend closer and kissed Yerin’s lips shyly.

 

Yerin kissed her back, it was so soft, it felt like a relief to finally taste the criminal’s lips. It was like all this time Yerin was holding her breath and now she was finally alive and breathing again. It was so gentle and good that Yerin wanted more so tried to lift herself to get closer to SinB’s body but she hissed at her injury.

 

They broke the kiss and laughed. “Be careful silly.” said SinB as she gave her one more little kiss. “I will come see you again later.” she promised and Yerin smiled happy as she tried to move a little on the side to take a nap.

 

Later that night while Yerin was sleeping she felt something beside her. A warm body sliding under the blanket and reassuring arms sliding around her waist. Yerin recognized SinB’s perfume and smiled.

 

“How did you enter?” she asked in a whisper as she felt all her own body becoming hot, this warm feeling filled her and her stomach was like dancing, it was nice but intense.

 

“The balcony. I unlocked the window when I came earlier.” answered SinB her breath against Yerin’s ear.

 

“The balcony?” asked Yerin not believing it. “How? And just for cuddles?”

 

SinB giggled softly. “I’m the type of girl that nothing can stop, you should get used of that.” she said hiding her face against yerin’s back.

 

“I can definitely get used to that.” answer Yerin smiling.

 

“I’m not hurting you?” asked SinB worried.

 

Yerin shook her head. “No it’s perfect.” she answered as she got more comfortable into SinB’s embrace. She was so excited to be in the girl’s arms that Yerin wasn’t sure she could fall asleep but soon the exhaustion won and she slowly closed her eyes.

 

Finally this secret mission allowed her to meet such an incredible girl that was the opposite of her but that she couldn’t help but fall for. Yerin knew it would be difficult, a gang leader and an police inspector falling in love was quite unusual but you never choose who your heart fall for…

 

FIN