The missions

City of Fear

One week passed without any news from the gang, then another week and Yerin was scared she wouldn’t have a chance to meet them again. Her boss was asking her to do something but there wasn’t much to do, she couldn’t call them for no reason or anything.

 

Luckily for her, her phone rang in the afternoon. She picked up and was surprised when she was asked to pass at the garage. She immediately took her car this time and drove there. As she approached the door opened, they must have security cameras around to know she was arriving, she drove inside and parked where the parked the truck almost two weeks ago.

 

As she got down, the same guy than last time, Jin, was waiting for her. “Come here he said and she followed him.

 

He informed her that they needed her to accompany them and a little group to a meeting with another new gang that wanted to negotiate with them.

 

“I saw what you were able to do the other day against the cops, and we need people that react fast and are ready to do what need to be done to protect the gang.” he told her and she nodded.

 

The group was six people, her, Jin, the girl from the other day, two guys she meet the first time she came and a new guy, he was tall, he was big and looked scary. Yerin did as she was told. Jin went on the driving sit while she was on passager, on the back was that girl with the scary big guy. The two others took another car. The two cars left and drove around the town, they passed the river and entered the north part of the town.

 

They arrived on a parking lot from a closed cinema a little away from the town they seemed alone there and isolated from the city. It was very calm and empty. On the other side of the parking facing them three cars were waiting for them.

 

All the guys got down, they were more than them, it was like all cars were full with four persons. Jin looked at the backseat. “You come with me.” he said the big guy. “You, you stay here.” he told Yerin.

 

They got down and one guy from the other car got down too. The three of them walked away from the cars and stood in the middle of the parking lot. Three men from the other side did the same.

 

“Turn on the radio on the 128.” asked the girl on the backseat and Yerin did as she was told and to her surprise they could now listen to the discussion happening in the middle of the parking lot.

 

“My boss want to keep the control of the north part of the town.” said the other gang guy that was facing Jin.

 

“And my boss won’t let go of our territory.” he answered determined. “We rule this town since years, all part of it belong to us so we won’t let newly established ridicules gangs take any of this.” he said taking a step in front of him to show he wasn't scared. “Now take your dogs and leave, we don’t negotiate with you.”

 

“You will regret it he said as he took out a knife and hit the big guy beside Jin who took his gun out and fired at him.

 

“Omg!” said Yerin ready to get down the car to help them.

 

“Stay here and open the roof.” said the girl behind her and Yerin obeyed. The girl took a rocket launcher from the backseat and got out by the roof aiming at the enemies’ car, one exploded the guys beside it with it. “Cover me.” she asked Yerin who opened her window and fired at the enemies who would fire at the girl on the roof while the girl made the two other car explode with the rockets. 

 

Jin and the other guy came back to the other car who drove closer to them to pick them up while Yerin and the girls were covering them.

 

“Take the wheel and let’s get out of here.” ordered the girl and Yerin jumped on the driving seat while the girl put down the rocket launcher and took now a machine gun, firing at the enemies while Yerin drove out of the parking as their friends were already driving away.

 

The girl finally sat back and moved in between the front seat to push the roof button, closing it now.

 

“I think that the message was clear, we won’t leave them any pieces of the cake.” she said as she looked at Yerin through the rear window. “Jin was right, you are a good element. We could need you for other jobs.” she told her.

 

“Would be a pleasure to serve the gang better.” said Yerin wondering if this girl was the one taking decision.

 

As they arrived Jin and the other guys were already here. They helped the big guy and took him away to treat him. Luckily it didn’t look so bad.

 

“Good job.” said Jin as he slapped her shoulder smiling. “I don’t think they will defy us again.” he said happily. “The message was pretty clear.”

 

Yerin nodded. “That’s what she said.” she told Jin about to the mysterious girl who was now walking away.

 

“Oh SinB?” he asked pointing at her and Yerin nodded. “Yeah I was wondering why she would take the rocket launcher in the car earlier, now I feel like we are lucky she did.” he said, they looked at her again and he apologized to Yerin. “I’m sorry but i have to go, you can leave now, I will let you know when we will need you again.” he said handing her more cash and she nodded. Yerin looked at him as he ran to the girl then Yerin walked to her car.

 

She went back to her place and filed another report about her outing with the gang for her boss but she didn’t talk about that SinB girl in it, she wanted to know more about her before writing anything on her, she was so mysterious that it was making Yerin very curious about her.

 

More days passed and more often they would call her for little job, till now it was easy stuff mostly with Jin, it would be going around and collect money that other little gang owed them or torture some guys to find out who betrayed them about a some merch that got stolen from them, little missions like that that helped Yerin understand how was working the gang, it was a seriously big gang that was controlling everything in town and it was clear now that SinB was the head of big organization, she was the one giving orders and taking all the decisions and Jin was his right hand man. 

 

Yerin was gathering more and more information about the gang but was still hiding SinB’s identity, lying to her boss about who was the leader, she kept telling them that she didn’t meet him yet that she only treat with messengers and never directly with the leader, she tell them that it would take lot of time to get close to him but her boss was getting impatient.

 

She didn’t know why but Yerin didn’t feel like talking about SinB yet. This girl was so smart and pretty, no one would believe it anyway, she looked so innocent and yet she was killing people almost everyday to continue her reign on the town.

 

That day Yerin was out with Jin, they were looking for a guy that was dealing drugs for them, because he didn’t pay. As they arrived to his place they heard voices, they knocked but he didn’t open so Jin broke down the door with his shoulder and they entered. As they saw him it as the window and was telling someone to run away. Jin ran to him and hit him in the face with his gun, making him fall unconscious.

 

“Yerin go get them, SinB hate that we leave witness behind.” he informed her and Yerin nodded jumping by the window and running after that person.

 

Two street away she caught them as she turned them around she realised it was a little girl probably 12 years old, she was terrified.

 

“Please don’t kill me!” she begged and Yerin nodded.

 

“I won’t.” she whispered to her. “I won’t don’t worry.” she said reassuring her and putting her gun back in her pocket. Yerin would avoid killing people while being in the gang, she would fire in the legs or in the arms but she was avoiding killing at all coast… and she would of course not kill that little girl. “You have to hide and never talk about this to anyone okay?” she told her and she nodded.

 

“Yerin?” called Jin from afar. Yerin pushed the girl away.

 

“Run.” she told her and she obeyed.

 

Yerin turned around and walked back to the street where Jin was waiting for her he already put the unconscious guy in the car.

 

“You are alone, where are they?” he asked and she shook her head. 

 

“Sadly she disappeared before I had time to get to her.” she said and he frowned clearly not happy.

 

“SinB won’t like this.” he said disappointed.

 

“Don’t worry about that, I’m sure the girl won’t talk, she must know who we are and that we will find her if she open .” said Yerin trying to reassure him and it worked.

 

They got in the car and drive to the garage. The guy ended up in a cell. SinB went to see them and looked at the guy before turning around and they followed her.

 

They went in her office. It was the first time Yerin was allowed to come here. “Good job guys, you make a really great team.” she said as she took a bottle of a strong alcohol and filled three glasses. They all drink together and talked about the future and how SinB planned to take control of literally everything in this town.

 

After some drinks Jin left saying he has some stuff to take care of and SinB nodded. Yerin didn’t know what she was supposed to do but she clearly didn’t want to leave, she wanted to know more about SinB, find out who she really was behind that cold mark. Something about the gang leader was fascinating Yerin and it wasn’t her beauty or her intelligence, no it was something more.

 

“Another drink?” asked SinB taking the bottle in hand and Yerin accepted. 

 

“Why not, it was a long day.” she said and SinB filled their glasses once again. “So…” started Yerin curious. “What will you do when you will finally control all the town.”

 

“I will be in charge of everything.” just said SinB. 

 

“It’s funny usually people want money or power.” said Yerin. “Don’t you have more behind this need to control it?” she asked and SinB looked at her in the eyes.

 

“You are curious suddenly.” she told her and Yerin swallowed hard, she needed to be careful, it wasn’t the moment to get caught.

 

“How not to be curious about you?” she said smiling. “Such a powerful woman, in a men’s world.”

 

SinB hesitated she looked at Yerin again and sighed. “You're right, it’s such a men’s world here.” she said sadly. “I was curious when they told me a girl was looking for us to make a deal.” she said and Yerin smiled. “Then I find out that not only you know how to get weapons but you can also fight and drive like a pro.” said SinB referring to their first mission.

 

“I’m a girl full of surprises.” said Yerin with a seductive tone and SinB smiled at her.

 

“Yes you are.” she answered. “We have a lot of girls in the gang or under our control but they love simple tasks, they don’t like to dirty their hands like you and me.”

 

“Not everyone have the strength to face the danger like us.” said Yerin and SinB nodded.

 

“You are right. Which make me wonder how you became like that.” said SinB and Yerin hesitated.

 

“Well…” Yerin could say a big lie about growing up in gang or anything but she wanted to be as honest as possible. “I prepared all my life to become who I am now.” she  said as she had always wanted to be in the police and trained since young age, she had the best result in her town at the entrance exams, she’s trained with guns, on fighting metode, she always wanted to be the best and that’s probably why they wanted her for this job in the first place, they probably read her files and saw how good, hardworking and how determined she was. 

 

“It’s almost the same for me, I lost my mom when I was 8, she was killed by a cop, that’s why I hate them now, they killed her for no reasons, just because she was on the wrong place at the wrong time, they didn’t care about her at all, she was just some collateral damage.” explained SinB. “So after that I started hanging out with the cops enemies, becoming member of gangs till I was at the head of mine. I want to rule this place so I’m the only one deciding about what happen and I’m the only one kicking the of the police.”

 

“So you really hate them?” asked Yerin sadly.

 

“More than anything.” she answered. “And I’m planning a revenge. I almost have everything now to take them down.”

 

“Take them down?” asked Yerin surprised. “You want to attack the police station?” she asked worried.

 

“That’s the plan.” said SinB determined. “ We should be ready in 4 days, I will finally have my revenge.”

 

Yerin stayed silent, she couldn’t believe it, it would be a carnage if SinB attack the police station, a carnage for both side. Later as she got back home she contacted her boss and let him know that the gang wanted to attack them in 4 days and he decided to arrest them first.

 

“So you still didn’t meet the leader?” he asked quite annoyed.

 

Yerin hesitated, she had to do her job but all this time passed with the gang made her wonder if she could betray them, especially SinB that was intriguing her so badly, there was something about that girl that was making Yerin weak, so weak that when she was thinking about her she couldn’t think straight anymore.

 

“No I still don’t know boss…” she lied once again.

 

“Well no matter who is it, we will take them down before they plan their attack on us. We will have no pity on them.” he said then hang up Yerin sighed, she was stuck there in between not knowing which side to choose but maybe she could do something.

 

On the next day very early on the morning Yerin went to the garage. But as she arrived Jin didn’t welcome her like usually, he looked mad, very mad at her.

 

“I need to talk to SinB.” she said but he shook his head.

 

“You traitor.” he said as she gripped her by the arm before taking her to the cells place, he locked her down. “You dirty bastard, you were a cop all this time and you betrayed us.” he said spitting on her with disgust.

 

“Jin wait!” she said as he walked away. “I can explain!” she insisted but he let her there...