The deal

City of Fear

Yerin just finished to pack her stuff, it was kinda weird for her to leave her little home town, she grew up here, went to school here started working here, all her friends and family were here but this promotion was huge chance for her. An opportunity she wouldn’t have twice in her life so she needed to take it and so she didn’t hesitate.

 

It would be an new adventure, she was sure it would be more exciting, a bigger city would mean more crimes and people to protect. Yerin was ready to do her job and she was kinda impatient to meet her new coworkers and her new partner.

 

As she left her place, her family was waiting for her by the car, they all insisted to drive her to the airport and she was happy they did. They spend all time in the car talking about her job and how cool it was that she was finally inspector, how much more responsibilities it was and how much more interesting cases she would work on. They were all clearly proud of her.

 

Once in front of the airport, Yerin took her luggages and said goodbye, she registered and waited for her plane. The fly wasn’t that long, 2 hours. She would be there quickly. She got information from her new boss about the address she needed to go as she arrived, he said he was taking care of the flat and everything before her arrival.

 

Yerin was surprised that her boss would do as much for her but she didn’t know, maybe it was normal, she never left her small town before.

 

A car was waiting for her as she got out of the airport. They drive her around and stopped in front of an building, it seemed old, but Yerin wasn’t here to judge, at least she had a place to stay.

 

They walked inside and went on the last floor. An old man was already there watching by the window his back turned to Yerin.

 

“Hello.” said Yerin and he turned around, he made sign to the other guys to leave them alone.

 

“Hello inspector Jung.” he answered and made sign for her to sit on the couch. Yerin did as she was told. “It must seems a little unusual but I had to take some cautions.” he said calmly as he sat in front of Yerin and looked at her in the eyes.

 

“Cautions?” asked Yerin worried.

 

“Yes, there is eyes and ears in the police station I couldn’t risk to take you there.” he said seriously. “As you know we have a big gang in town that is growing and controlling the town.” he started to explain. “We tried to stop them and arrest them but as we take down one person we thought was important the gang just grow up and became stronger.”

 

Yerin listened in silence.

 

“We don’t know who the leader is and we never could infiltrate them as they have corrupted cops on their team so they would recognize any cop trying to infiltrate them…” he continued. “That’s why we made you come here in secret, we promoted you but we hide the information so officially you are still an officer doing circulation in your little hometown.” he explained and Yerin was confused.

 

“So I’m not officially promoted?” she asked frowning.

 

“Yes you are but we are only a small group knowing it.” answered. “We will make it totally official when you help us arrest their leader and take down the gang.”

 

“But what if I fail?” she asked. “Will I be send back away?”

 

“No.” he said smiling. “You don’t have to worry, you won’t fail, you will only have to enter the gang becoming part of the group and identify the leader so when we will take down their place we can make sure we arrested the good person, the head of the gang, you see?”

 

Yerin nodded. “So you know already where they are?” she asked curious.

 

“Yes but only our small group know so we can keep some advance on them. We realised that they had access to the police informations and so they would always anticipate our moves making us unable to stop them. That’s why we understood they had cops on their side, we secretly work to find out who they are but we can’t risk them knowing we know.”

 

Yerin nodded in understanding. 

 

They kept talking about the whole plan for the gang infiltration, clearing each points, Yerin wanted to be sure everything was planned perfectly, she was risking her life in this so she needed to make sure things would go the way they planned.

 

As he finally left, he gave her the files they had about the gang. Yerin spend hours reading and studying all info. But it was pretty clear that they didn’t know anything about the leader. Her mission would be to get information about him so when they will invest their secret hideout they can focus on arresting the leader and completely take down the gang.

 

Yering was stressed but confident, it would work she was a good officer and would make a great inspector, she worked hard and loved justice, she was ready to do her job.

 

Some days later her fake identity was ready and a full truck of weapons was ready for her to make a deal with the gang, but first she needed a contact. A contact easy to find and that make deals with the gang too, she needed to get close to them discreetly.

 

Her boss told her to go watch in the most famous part of town for illicit business, he gave her some address and told her to find a guy working in a phone shop wearing a red jacked with a lion on the back. The first mission was to find secured phone to make deals and getting his attention on the deal.

 

So at the end of the afternoon, Yerin was standing in the street just in front of the shop looking at it. Then she put her hood before entering. It was empty, she looked around making sure she was alone with the guy, it was easy to find him, as told he was in his red jacket.

 

Yerin approached him.

 

“Hey.” she said looking at the phones on the counter in front of her.

 

“Hey, what I can help you with?” he asked and Yerin looked at him, then she looked around making sure they were still alone and got closer to him.

 

“A phone, it’s for business, I need it to be untraceable… I don’t want anyone to know what I’m doing especially not the police if you see what I mean?” she told him with a raised eyebrow.

 

He smiled and nodded. “Follow me.” he told her and he walked behind the counter, he opened a door and Yerin followed him. They were in the supply part of the shop, he kept walking and opened another door. “Here I have the best phones for business like that.” he said showing her the different models.

 

“I like this one.” she said on one of the most expensive.

 

“It’s all yours for 800$.” he said giving her the phone.

 

Yerin took out the money and payed him. It was some money her boss gave her for her cover. As he was checking if the amount of money she gave him was good, she looked at him more seriously.

 

“Do you have contacts for some illicit market I’m new in town.” she told him and he hesitated.

 

“I can’t give you any contacts before being sure you are what you say.” he told her with a cautious tone.

 

She nodded. “Let’s meet somewhere so I can show you my merch.” she told him.

 

He agreed and some days later he came to the rendez-vous, she showed him some of her weapons and convinced him she was one of them, he gave her a contact who could be interested with this.

 

So the next day she was in that bar, looking for the bald guy with fire tattoo all around his neck. The meeting wasn’t as nice as she expected, as she went to him and asked to talk about business he made sign for her to follow him outside of the bar, they ended up in a small street behind the bar and then as they were alone and out of sight he jumped on her and pushed her against the wall.

 

She defended herself, she trained for fights like this a lot for becoming officer and ended up taking out her knife and pointing it under his neck.

 

“I killed for less than that.” she told him trying to act serious even if she was terribly scared inside. 

 

“Nice.” he said smiling and releasing her so she slowly let her guard down and took away her knife.

 

“You look so net I thought it was a trap or something.” he told her touching his neck when she pointed the knife.

 

She put back her knife in her pants and looked at him. “So is there a more discreet place where we can seriously discuss?” she asked him and he nodded.

 

They moved some meters away and he opened a back door they entered the back of the bar and she followed him in his office.

 

He made her sit and then he sat in front of her. “So you want to sell some weapons? that’s what Red Lion told me.” he said and Yerin nodded.

 

“Yes, that’s why he send me here.” she answered.

 

“I’m the new boss here and I have lots of contacts for weapons.” he informed her. “I need to know what kind and what price you expect so I can contact the people that could be interested.” he explained.

 

“I have all kind and a big quantity.” she said then she sat more comfortably and sighed. “I can have more soon and I was hoping to find a regular client, someone I can have a direct contact with, you see?” she told him and he frowned. 

 

“You can’t I’m the one that deal with all the weapons market in this town.” he said determined to be the one in between her and the contacts.

 

It was time for her to play the card of her false identity. “Well you see, I was part of a big gang not so long ago.” she said as she lowered her sleeve and revealed a tattoo, it was two snakes and two knife. It was the mark of a famous gang on the other side of the country. “I was their personal weapons provider. I had a contract with them and I had some protection from them, I was hoping to find a similar arrangement here.” she explained and he frowned.

 

“Why did you leave them if you had such a nice arrangement?” he asked.

 

She took her phone and typed the city and the name of the gang. “They got caught, the gang was taken down and most of us that didn’t get arrested left.” she explained and he nodded.

 

“I can give you this but I’m not sure it will work.” he said as he wrote down an address. “Good luck with them.” he told her.

 

She took the paper and left, as she got home she contacted her boss they looked for the address and it was one of the place that belonged to the gang they tried to enter.

 

“What do I do?” she asked him.

 

“You go there and will try to get an appointment to see your merch in this abandoned place, lot of people came here to do this kind of business. Then I will send some men, they will be very protected and as they come to arrest you, but you will shoot them and make the gang members think you killed one of them.” he said. “Then you can win their trust.”

 

“Seems okay.” said Yerin. “Are you sure I won’t hurt any of them for real?”

 

“No don’t worry we will prepare everything and send you the file so you can know exactly what to do.” he told her.

 

On the next morning she got the file and studied it, she knew exactly what to do and tried to remember every step. Later that night, she went to the address and meet a guy, she made the appointment for the next day in the abandoned place and he agreed. Yerin informed her boss that everything was going the way they planed and so the following day she drove her truck to the meeting place.

 

She arrived at the same time as the guy, but he wasn’t alone. A girl was with him. She didn’t get down of the car as he walked to the truck.

 

“So let’s see what you got.” he said and Yerin smiled before opening the truck. Inside it there was multiples guns, rifles and many other weapons.

 

He tried to take one in hand but she slapped his hand. “Don’t touch the merch before I see the money.” she told him seriously and he nodded.

 

“So let’s talk business.” she told him and he nodded.

 

“Okay but not here, it’s a famous place for transaction like that, cops can arrive anytime.” he said as he walked back to his car but as he was almost there three cops came out and pointed their guns at him.

 

Yerin immediately followed the plan and fired at them, one fall on the ground fake blood splashing around him and another ran to him and dragged him away. The gang guy jumped in his car and left while Yerin kept firing while going to her truck to leave too. The gang guy made sign for her to follow him and they drive away in town till arriving to an old garage place.

 

As they arrived the doors opened. They parked inside while the doors closed behind them.

 

“Wow girl, you’re not scared to fight back.” he told her as they left the vehicles.

 

She nodded. “I’m used to fight those bastards.” she told them and finally saw the girl coming out of the car, she was really pretty but her expression looked so cold. She barely looked at Yerin, she whispered something to the guys ear and left.

 

“I’m Jin, so what’s your name?” he asked.

 

“I’m Yerin.” she told him and he nodded.

 

“Then Yerin, welcome to the godfriend.” he said. “If you can keep finding us this type of weapons when needed you can be under our protection.” he informed her. 

 

She nodded. “It works for me.” she said. “I was always in a gang so it’s nice to be part of one again.” she told him.

 

“I will show you around and explain what you need to know for now.” he said and she followed him. He introduced to her some person that were big part in the weapon section but he never mentioned a leader.

 

Yerin was eager to know but didn’t want to sound questioning. As he finished he asked for her phone. She gave it to him, it was the new phone she bought some days ago to the Red Lion.

 

“Good one.” he said as he inspected it. “Red lion?” he asked as he recognized the mark on it. Yerin nodded. “Perfect we can’t risk anyone find it and find out about us.” he said then he gave his number to Yerin and asked for hers. “For emergencies, most of the time we will be the one calling you and not the other way.” he said and Yerin nodded.

 

It looked that this guy was important, maybe it was him the leader but since she wasn’t sure she waited and looked around, trying to remember all the details from the place.

 

After a moment he walked her back to the parking truck. a group of guys were emptying it and putting the weapons in wooden boxes that they put on another truck. Once it was empty, Jin gave her a bunch of cash and they let her go out.

 

As she arrived to her place she wrote the down what happened and send all the informations, what she saw about the place and how they entered all things that could help for the arrest, she explained that she didn’t meet the boss yet but that soon she was sure she could. 

 

As she sat down on her couch she felt happy, she did it, she met them and was part of the gang, the mission was now starting for real and for now she had to wait and continue her life till they called her for her services...