#4 - Him

Listen To Me

*Namjoon's POV*

Argh! Today is just not my day. How come I lose the rap battle to Zico? That kid have no eyes! I grunted, feeling disappointed in myself. Now, I have to go back to that old hag house. As if I'm gonna spend all my time there. Ugh.

I walked to the nearby park. The trees are covered with a white layer of cold snow. The snow that covered the grass looked beautiful as not a single foot print is seen there.

"Man, you. No, your ID. No, your IP."

I stopped myself as search for the voice's owner. I looked to my right and saw a small figure. Her hair were covered with cold snow. Both of her hand are inside her black sweater as she walk and kick the snow beneath her foot. I could see she had stuck her earphone to her ears. Her breath quickly turned into puffs of cloud in the cold weather. Her cheeks are red as if she got a fever.

What an odd little lady, i mumbled in my mind. I can see girls these day are busy finding the best clothes to wear and best makeup to put on their face. But this little lady, I can see that she doesn't even care about those kind of things. I mean who would wear sweater with few layers of shirts inside in this winter time?

"No one knows about my heart, that I may look like I'm smiling but I'm really not smiling. When I look at you, when I look at you." The girl sing as if she's whispering. She suddenly stopped herself from singing, she looked to the cloudy sky and I saw drops of tears flow on her pink cheek. For some reason my body filled with chills that makes my heart shrugged with melancholic feeling.

Was it because of seeing her crying? No that's not it. Maybe it's because of her voice. Her slow, soft, tender yet melancholic voice.

"KIM NAMJOON!!!" 

Ugh. That old hag voice. Totally ruin my mood. I turned around and saw a mad old hag walking on the untouched snow vigorously, ruining the beauty. I rolled my eyes and prepared my ears for babbling that are about to be spit from .

"You've lost to Zico, now as promise you have to return to home."

"I didn't promise anything. You're the one who arrange everything without listening to my opinion, you old hag."

"I'm your sister! That's it. You're coming with me whether you like it or not!"

"That is if you can catch me." I said and ran as fast as I could without looking back. I could hear her voice screaming with dissatisfaction and cursing, threatening me to go back. I ran without knowing anywhere to go but my mind kept thinking about that girl.

I find myself stopping in front of the town's library. Away from that old hag. I walk through the front doors and find myself a secluded place where i can spend my day writing and listening to music. I don't know why but after I met her, some weird emotion flowed into me. Am I being cursed or something? But I was inspired by her.

The winter is getting harsher. I put on my earphone and began to listen to the music beat while mumbling music lyrics. I guess its time to go back. As I reach the bus stop, I find myself staring at a figure. A very familiar figure. It's that girl. She's wearing that same sweater while playing with her earphone's wire end. She wasn't listening to any song and yet her lips are mumbling words and she moved her legs following the phantom rhythm.

"Why are you even put your earphone on when you don't listen to any music?" I approached the lady. It seems like she's ignoring me. Too bad for her I'm a fate/destiny hard core believer.

I believe that our encounters are not a coincidence. I take a look at her and walked towards her. I stopped right beside her and sat on the bench.

"Oiii~ Oiii~ are you really gonna ignore me, little lady?" I approached her again. I kept poking her shoulder to gain her attention and I did get it. The way she glared at me with that round eyes of her is just so cute.

She stood up and walked the bus that just arrived seconds after. I keep my distance close to her. I followed her to the bus and stand beside her. It's weird. Just by looking at her, I began mumbling lyrics that came out spontaneously matching the music beat that I'm listening,

Both of us went down at the same place. Yet another coincidence. I followed her from the back looking at her walking with that troubled face. Not the annoyed face because I followed her. It's an un-wanting-to-go-there face. How do i know? because i had that face too.

Suddenly, she stopped her steps and pulled her earphones away. Her face are paled as the snow as if she heard or saw a ghost or something. She hold her left ear and looked down at the cold icy road.

"Oi~ are you okay?"

"Did you hear that?" Her soft voice spoken.

"Hear what? I just heard your cute voice." I smirked and looked at her.

"Ugh, ." For a cute girl with soft voice, her choice of words are really interesting. She puts her earphones back and fast walked from me. What a cute little lady.

Again. Yet another coincidence.  She happens to live in my neighborhood. I believe in fate but I hate to believe that i have to see the old hag at that rotten house but it's okay. Because she led me to it.

 

◇◇◇◇◇

 

"What's with the big bag?"

"Oh ! Would you stop that?"

"Stop what?"

"Ugh. Stop popping out and stop following me." I smiled in humor from looking at her face. Again, today she wore the same sweater. It must be her favorites.

"It's winter season you know."  i said while tucking my hands in my jacket. She ignored me. 

"So why do you wear those thin sweater? You gonna catch a cold." I persisted. She stopped walking, inhaled and turned around.

Those eyes. Can someone's eyes make you feel cold? Can someone's eyes make you feel melancholic? It's weird. I wonder why. Her eyes are melancholic. It's like she never felt love and warmth.

"Are you my mom?"

"No."

"Then shut the up."

Those words didn't leave a scratch to me. But those eyes did. It makes me want to hug her. It makes me wanted to say that she's not alone. I have no idea why I want to say that but I feel like I had to. She left me with those cold words. Well, I should let her be alone to settle her mind. If fate want us to meet, we'll meet somewhere.

I had to brace myself with the old hag babbling about life as if she had lived forever to give those advice. Lucky me she had to go to her work. So I'm free again. And tonight I have another show to perform. 

I walked through the busy streets of Hongdae. When I reached the underground a.k.a Hongdae's playground, I could see the party has already started. The room atmosphere is filled by loud disco beat music and colorful LED light that shines the stage making it stand out.

"Yo, Rap Monster." That voice. That ing voice. 

"Yo, Suga. Are you ready to be beaten by me?"