#2 - me

Listen To Me


Hi. My name is Minhee. Well, you probably know me already. Oh well, just let me introduce myself in a very unattractive and dull way. Just bear with me for a second.

I was born on 8th of July. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother. Yes, a lot of them don't you think? I'm the third out of four. I guess we are a normal family with ups and downs in our lives.

My parent were never very affectionate towards me or I'm just an introvert period kid who want their attention. Oh well, they seems to favour my oldest sister maybe because she's the first born.

I know that she's the first born but that doesn't mean she can treat my parents as she wants and that doesn't mean they can treat her like a princess and treat me like a servant. Everything she wants, they'll buy it for her and if she don't get what she wants, she'll treat them as a criminal.

What a .

If you look on the other perspective, it may be my parents fault for spoiling her too much so that's their fault. Enough about the , let's move on to others. I was close with my big brother once but he later become a when my parents gained wealth and when he got his girlfriends.

My little sister isn't fond with me. Not when she's acting like a wearing a makeup when she is just 13 years old. Not to mention she told lies to people about her "perfect" little life. Again, this is just from my perspective. I may be the and the problematic daughter who hates everyone.

So moving on.

On June, I got into university and continue my studies in Teaching English as Second Language (TESL). Here frequent asked question by other people who ask what I'm studying:

Q1: so you want to be a teacher, eyy?

Q2: I didn't know you love teaching.

Q3: your English must be tip top.

First of all, no I don't want to be a teacher and I don't love teaching. Second of all my English is bad. Look at these typo. Ugh.

I made new friends there like a normal 18 years old girl would and they are quite crazy as me. Back in high school I had few best friends but lately my relation with one of them are fragile. Is it because of the mirror that she gave me broke or maybe it was my mistake.

I don't know. I truly don't. I tried to tell about how I feel but my tongue won't let the words come out as I want. As if, I'm not ready or I'm just afraid of them knowing the real me.

Everyone has that mask. Including me. Everyone had that crystal core ball inside them that they don't want people to know. My new best friends in college is nice and they are very sharp. They somehow knew if I wasn't myself. That makes me afraid for a moment. But I'm more concerned about other things. I wonder why?

I don't feel the warmth when they hugged me. I don't feel them with me. Although we are on the same page but I can feel a slight cold thin wall between us. I never really feel anything, I guess.

So enough of that random story. Lets talk about something else. Something even more depressing. My family.

My relationship with my family are collapsing. I don't give a . It happened like every day. I'm tired of giving . Lucky me they also don't give if I'm not around or went outside or never return home for days. No, it's not home. More to a place where I change my clothes, eat and sleep. Like a hotel.

I always put on my earphone although I don't really listen to any song. I spend most of my time at the library. Yes. I'm a nerd. My friends are all busy with their . So I just kill my time at library reading books or sleep.

"Why are you even put your earphone on when you don't listen to any music?" A deep voice approached me. I turned my head to my left shoulder and saw a guy with his black winter coat, more like a sweater to me. His hair is like all the typical boys in Korea with a fringe.

His eyes are deep hazel looking at my hand playing with my earphone's cable. I ignore the question and just act like nothing happened. I can see his silhouette and presence sitting beside me, not that I care.

"Oiii~ ooii~ are you really gonna ignore me, little lady?" I glared at him as he keeps poking me with that skinny finger. I stood up and getting ready to ride the bus that has just arrived and I realize he kept his foot step near me and followed me.

I'm so not in the mood of giving to anybody so I just turn my music on. Although I can hear he kept mumbling something, but I ignored him. I kept thinking. Should I ran off? After all, I did work my to earn what I want. Working is not a problem to me. Going back to college is pain in the . It's not like I'm going to die if I don't further my studies. But thats what society wants you to do.

Society. That reminds me that one of my teacher once said "if you want the society to change, you must change yourself first. The society is you." So I guess I have to change myself, ey? 

Suddenly, i hear a high pitch sound so I quickly pull my earphone away and hold my ear. That sound again. That high pitch ringing sound. It makes my ear stings. 

"Oi~ are you okay?" Oh, stupid of me to think this is gone. He is still follow me? Such a pain in the .

"Did you hear that?" I asked and looked at him.

"Hear what? I just heard your cute voice." He smirked

"Ugh, ." I rolled my eyes and put my earphone back on. I felt so stupid for asking him. Sigh. I opened my house's gate and heard the guy saying goodbye and walked toward a big house just across the street from my house.

Well . He lives here too? Can this day be any worse?