#1 - noise

Listen To Me

Peace. Its something you have to pay for in this life just like any other things. You'll pay your food with your money, but what about peace? what's the cost to finally be at 'peace'? To finally be free? 

These are just some random thoughts that i think whenever i'm all alone. I let out a quiet sighs as i'm watching the snow falling. I can hear the peaceful sounds of the wind that carries the snow, the sound of the crisps snow whenever i step on it and the coldness of this winter season. It's cold but bearable. Sometimes the cold wind slapped my face, making me regret to ever leave the house.

no. i'd rather die than being in that house. i'm not going back. ever.

"What's with the big bag, little lady?" a familiar voice whisper in my ear making my heart stop for a brief moment, its like a punch in the guts forcing you to wake up from your fantasy imaginations.

"Oh ! Would you stop that?" i whispered in shocked and angry tone.

"Stop what?" the voice asked in a very annoying but playful tone.

Its this goddamn guy again. Why does he has to be so annoying and . Cant he just leave me alone? Some people just don't know the boundaries.

"Ugh. Stop popping out and stop following me." I said, feeling annoyed. But he didn't. I get the feeling what I said to him just sparked his idiotic spirit to follow me around wherever I go. I could see his lips smirking as he continues to follow me like a puppy.

"It's winter season you know." he spoke again. This time i didn't reply in hoping he would give up and just walk away from me.

"So why do you wear those thin sweater? You gonna catch a cold." he asked again. well this douche is not gonna give up isn't he? I stop my heavy cold steps and turn around facing him. Looking at him right into his hazel eyes.

"Are you my mom?" i ask coldly.

"no." he smirked, standing with his hands inside his dark blue winter jacket. He wear a black mask covering half of his face.

"Then shut the up." I glared at him and walked away emotionless.

I could tell that he was taken aback. After walking for a few minutes without thinking where to go, my steps is getting heavier and heavier until i stand still at the side road, feeling numb and overwhelmed at the same time.

I could feel my cheeks cold and wet as my eyes betrayed me. Why am I crying? What am I even sad about? Was it because the way he looked at me? Or is it that I'm not prepared for this ? To finally do this? I wipe the tears and continue to walk. I'm so on my period and ed up, i thought to myself.

As usual, I went to the library. I spent a day or two there without knowing where to go. Well, why do I even ing care. I let out a quiet sighs and look at the huge window. As i'm watching the snow falling i could hear the peaceful sounds of paper turning, the sound of the copying machines being used all day long and the whispers of people having small discussion. The smell of the library is always different. On some days, you can smell the antique books. On the other days, you can smell fresh brewed coffee. 

I feel very relaxed and peaceful.

But not for long. I knew i have to plan my life to survive now. I cant stay here. I should go and search a budget hotel and work somewhere. It's better than staying home with those motherers.

As i'm scribbling my plans in my notebook, i hear few foot steps walking and stopping right next to me. "Hello, young girl." A woman probably in her 30's approached me with a guy wearing full suits behind her. 

"What's your name?" she asked politely with her tender voice but I hesitate to tell her. Somehow I get weird feeling that they were about to ask where do I live.

"Why are you staying here? Where is your home?" as I thought. That ing librarian ing called the ing child care office, didnt she? For 's sake I'm 18 now and I can do whatever I want. Do I even look like a kid?

I looked at each of them without answering their questions. As i was thinking what to do in that moment, i saw a bus just arrived through the window behind them. Without thinking, I grabbed my bag and dash through them, running as fast as i can towards the library's entrance.

"Wait!!" the woman's voice shouts and chase me, creating a huge scene. I look back and saw the guy that followed her run so ing fast like he's Usain Bolt or something.

Oh . . . Just . The is wrong with these people. I thought as i run as fast as i could and made it into the bus just before the bus move. I was out of breath when i sat in the bus. This is why you should never skip school practice. i look out from the window and saw the guy being frustrated that he missed me.

I try to control my breathing and calm myself down. Now that I have get rid of those guys, my brain is kind enough to make me think of G-Dragon's song, Runaway. Yahooo~ I wanna runaway~ Great. Thanks brain. 

 

◇◇◇◇◇


A couple of weeks passed since i got chased by the strange woman and man. I've been avoiding the main streets and crowded places. I also said goodbye to my long hair and cut it. My head feels lighter now. 

So I got a job at a convenient shop near by a budget hotel. Lucky me, Sohyun unnie, the manager of the hotel, who also know me since i was 5, knew about my situation and let me stay there with her. Well, she doesn't know all of my story but she understands me. All she know is that I have certain kind of problems with my family. 

Working at the convenient store isn't that bad to be honest. You just have to restock, take care of the register, watch out for shoplifters and him.

"Oi~ I haven't see you in the library recently." that familiar voice. I just don't understand men. They are so complicated and dumb. They disrespect you, act like they own you and just annoy you to death.  I sigh and turn around and saw him in a black winter jacket, with his black beanie. This time he didn't wear his black face mask. Is it just me or he got bruised on his left cheek? 

"Yes, what do you want?" i ask with a monotone voice and rolled my eyes.

"Gimme those Marlboro menthol cigarette." he said while taking his wallet out from his pocket and smiled at me. I was hoping that he would take his to somewhere else because I can't stand him and the smell of the cigarette.

"So what are you doing here, little lady?" he tried to make a small conversation with me. i dont know why would he be interested in me at all? i mean he saw me at the library few weeks ago and thats it. its not like he's my childhood friend or anything. oh. my. god. is he a stalker? is he a ert? he doesn't look suspicious. but look can be deceiving right? I thought to myself.

"I'm working here and if you excuse me, I have another customer." and like always, he just smirked at me and leave the store. 

A few hours passed and the sun has already set. I the store's lights and walk to each aisle to see if anything need to be restock. As i was looking though the chips and snacks section, i heard the door opened and it was Sohyun unnie.

"Minhee! Come here! Fast!" she said in panic. I run towards her and ask her what's wrong.

"There's few people are searching and asking for you." my heart just dropped. Oh . Just . Just when I thought that I'm gonna have some peace these things happen. So I did what i think a fugitives would do, run.  Run and find a new place to stay. Run and disappear.

i went inside and told my manager that i have something urgent to tend to. Before he could say anythng, i dashed out and run towards the hotel as fast as i can together with Sohyun unnie. When i reached the hotel, i quickly packed everything I had. Good thing i didnt bring that many stuff.

I'm so thankful for those action spy movies that I have watched. It helps in a certain way. I changes my clothes, wear a face mask and a hat. I said my goodbyes to Sohyun unnie and went out through the back door. I gazed at my iphone, searching for the next place to go. Where should i even go? What do they want from me? My thoughts was interrupted by a male voice.

"Choi MinHee?" A man approached me from behind and grab my hand tight before i could react to his presence. Holy mother er. They followed me from behind??

I instantly panic and tried to get lose from his grip but he's way stronger than me. As i'm struggling to get out from his grip, a few other men came towards us.

! i looked at the man and took a deep breath. I'm so sorry if you can't get your wife pregnant. Oh god forgive me for my sins. I practically do what I must do to save myself and that is by kicking him right in between his legs to his balls.

I'm so sorry if you can't get your wife to pregnant. Oh god forgive me for my sins. I ran away but one of them manage to follow and chase me. I dashed as fast as i could. Ugh if only I joined the running club in my high school and build my stamina. I don't know where to go so I just run without thinking. 

I ran toward the back alley and suddenly, a hand grab my palm and pulled me towards the dark small street behind the buildings, making me almost fall down on the ground.

Oh . They got me. That's all I can think. His hand cover my mouth preventing me to scream and the other hand hold my waist preventing me from moving. I struggle and try to break free but the hands grip me tighter and a very familiar voice spoke "Shh. just keep quiet."

As it gets quiet, the person finally let me free. I turned around sit on the ground, panting and out of breath.

"You are such a trouble maker, little lady."

well .