PieCe Three

Bad Liar!

 

This chapter is taengsic chapter not 2jin one so feel free to skip it if you're here for 2jin.    Bold italics are Jessica singing. Bold italics in "quotes" are just a format thing. Italic sentences are thoughts. Italics and Bold in a sentence are emphasis.


 

 

 

 

 

Jessica sighs as she opens the door to her apartment. She stops the second she's in the doorway.  

 

Something feels off....It's strangely quiet. It's normally noisy.

 

"Babe?" She calls out to her fiancé. No answer. Weird... Not this again...no...

 

"Baby?" Jessica goes to the one room she's sure her lover's in when she doesn't find her.

 

"Taeyeon." Jessica smiles, though it soon becomes a frown when she sees Taeyeon's been crying. She walks over to the blonde and squats in front of her.

 

"Tae," Jessica puts her hand on Taeyeon's thigh. The blonde flinches. Taeyeon-ah..

 

"Taeyeon-ah, what's wrong?"

 

Jessica sees Taeyeon scowl. She reaches up to touch Taeyeon's cheek.

 

The blonde avoids her touch. "Tae...?"

 

"Don't." What?

 

"Don't touch me."

 

"Tae, love, what's wrong?"

 

"Don't call me that."

 

"Taeyeon, I don't understand. Did I do something?" Jessica doesn't remember doing anything to upset her fiancé.

 

Taeyeon gets up and walks to a desk where a laptop is set up.

 

"I don't know, you tell me, Ms.Jung." The blonde opens the laptop and Jessica sees an article of her and a business partner.

 

"Jessica Jung rumored to be dating business tycoon Tyler Kwon. The two were seen having lunch at a five star restaurant this afternoon." Taeyeon reads the title in spite.

 

"Taeyeon."

 

"Why didn't you tell me who you are?"

 

"Tae, I can explain." Please just let me talk, love.

 

"Have you just been playing me? Who the hell is he?"

 

"Taeyeon, he's my business partner." Jessica has no reason to be nervous. She's just telling the truth.

 

"Business partner...huh..." The blonde scrolls down.

 

"What the..." Jessica sees pictures that very much seem incriminating by the angle.

 

"Taeyeon, that's nothing. He was just shaking my hand." Jessica says as she looks into Taeyeon's eyes. 

 

"You don't believe me, do you?" Taeyeon avoids her gaze.

 

"How am I supposed to? You've lied to me for five years!" The brunette sees betrayal and hurt in her lover's eyes. It hurts her. I caused this. I hurt her..I..I deserve this.

 

"I wasn't lying. I'm not lying." Jessica stays calm. She won't give Taeyeon anymore reasons to hate her.

 

"Has our entire relationship been a lie?"


What? No..

 

"Are you just messing with me? Because it isn't funny Jessica!" The way Taeyeon says Jessica's name hurts. She's never hated her birthname so much.

 

"Taeyeon-ah," Jessica takes a step towards the blonde who steps back. Jessica stops. "I'm not playing with you."

 

The blonde shakes her head and walks past the woman. 

 

"Taeyeon, please. Let me explain. Just hear me out, love." Jessica grasps Taeyeon's wrist. Please don't leave...please don't leave me baby..

 

The blonde yanks her wrist away from Jessica. 

 

"Don't touch me." Jessica swallows hard and complies.

 

"Okay. Okay...Just please, don't go. Let's talk about this."

 

Jessica's heart shatters when Taeyeon takes her ring off. The blonde throws it at her feet.

 

"Maybe you should have talked from the beginning instead of hiding who you are for the past five ing years!" The brunette winces when her fiancé raises her voice.

 

"I'm done. I'm done putting my trust in you." Taeyeon shakes her head, passing a hand through her hair. "I'm done with you." No!

 

"T-taeyeon..." Jessica tries to stay calm.

 

"I love you with all my heart, Taeyeon, please." Jessica reaches out for Taeyeon.

 

The blonde backs away. "I...I don't love you. I can't be with you when you've based our whole relationship on a lie."

 

"Taeyeon, I didn't lie to you. I told you who I am when we first met." The blonde scoffs.

 

"I don't remember you introducing yourself as Jessica Jung."

 

"Taeyeon..." Jessica doesn't know how much more she can take. Tears fall when Taeyeon rips her necklace off. The one that she gave the blonde when she told Taeyeon she loves her for the first time.

 

"I don't want anything to do with you anymore. Stay out of my life, Jessica Jung Sooyeon."

 

Jessica breaks down as she watches the love of her life walk out.

 

"T-Taeyeon...." Jessica cries her heart out, everything around her turns black as she calls out for her lover. She holds Taeyeon's necklace up to her heart.

 

"Tae-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Taeyeon!" Jessica wakes up in a cold sweat. She fists the sheets under her. The woman passes a hand over her face.

 

Just a nightmare again. Jessica opens her palms, bending every shaking finger on her hands to make sure she's in reality.

 

Every night she has the same nightmare, a flashback of when Taeyeon left her.

 

The brunette checks the time.

 

3:11AM

 

I've only gotten an hour of sleep?! Jessica groans.

 

She had a breakdown the moment her cousins brought her home from the airport. She remembers that she passed out at 2:03. Jessica sighs and gets up.

 

She grabs the guitar in her room and sits down on her window sill.

 

What words should I use? Jessica strums the strings.

 

What face should I make, to tell you? Tears fall but Jessica keeps going.

 

I want to use more moving words


Jessica's heart hurts from how hard it's clenching itself, from how much she misses Taeyeon.

 

I want to convey my deepest sincerity

 

These hopes and heart fluttering feelings

 

Even though they might disappear when I open my eyes

 

Today, I want to tell yo- 

 

Jessica chokes. Her knuckles turn red as she tightens her fingers around the neck of the guitar.

 

God it hurts. It's hurts so much. Please make it stop...someone make it stop...

 

Taeyeon, please...

 

I...I'm so sorry, love.

 

 

Jessica leans on the window, shutting her eyes.

 

 

 

"Jessica Jung Sooyeon!" Jessica jerks up.

 

"!" My neck...

 

"Unnie! We need to go!" Soojung pops in the doorframe. 

 

"Huh?"

 

"You're taking Soojungie to enroll at Chaewon's university, today." , that's right.

 

"Right, right, let me get ready. I'll be fast." Jessica gets up from the window sill. The guitar falls in front of her feet. 

 

Soojung sighs and goes to finish her breakfast. 

 

"Jess..."

 

"Leave it. I...I had a rough night again." Tiffany nods. You've been having rough nights, Jessi.

 

"I'll be heading to the office to let them know about our arrival. I left your coffee ready on the table." Jessica nods as her best friend heads to the hall.

 

"Oh, and Jess," Jessica looks up. "You're gonna be okay." Tiffany smiles.

 

Jessica feels the corners of her lips move a bit. "I know."

 

 

 

After Jessica enrolls Soojung, she heads to Blanc&Eclare. 

 

"Welcome back, Ms.Jung." Everyone in the office bows to Jessica.

 

"Where's Ms.Hwang?" Jessica asks her secretary.


"She and Mr.Kwon are waiting in the lounge. He said he has something important he wants everyone to hear." Her secretary answers.

 

Jessica feels a headache coming. 

 

It turns out Tyler Kwon had paid someone to take pictures of him and Jessica that day and made an article that was entirely false because he wanted her to break up with Taeyeon.

 

You need a man to treat you right. He said. ing homophobic bastard. You ruined my happiness. 

 

Jessica sees a good number of her employees gathered near the lounge, obviously waiting to see what goes down.

 

Jessica walks over to them. "Mr.Kwon."

 

Tyler looks up and smiles at her. "Jessica." He tries to hug her, but the brunette backs away.

 

"May I ask what you're doing in Seoul? More importantly in my company? I don't remember us having a meeting with any importance." Did he follow me here?

 

Tyler cuts straight to the chase and asks Jessica to date him.

 

"No." Jessica says the moment he's gets that last word out of his mouth. Gasps are heard from all over the room. Tyler swallows hard, asking Jessica why that's her answer. 

 

"You ruined my relationship and now you want to ask me to go out with you? Figure out what's wrong in that sentence." Tyler didn't think he'd get caught.

 

"That..person couldn't have given you what you wanted. I can. I-"

 

"I'm going to stop you right there, Mr.Kwon. Those entire two sentences you just uttered are completely false. How the hell would you know what I want? You don't. So here's a suggestion to take into consideration. Stay out of my private life. What is between us is strictly business and profession. Have I made myself clear?"

 

Jessica doesn't wait for a response from him and starts to walk off to her office. "Ms.Hwang." 

 

Tiffany nods. "Alright, everyone. Show's over! Please go back to doing your jobs." Tiffany breaks the crowd up. Everyone grumbles but complies. Most of them were live when this thing happen, so the world is going to know. Dispatch is insanely fast.

 

Tyler follows Jessica to her office, stopping her by grabbing her wrist. He grabs her a bit too hard and she yelps. He lets go immediately. "Sorry."

 

"What the-" Jessica takes a deep breath. "What do you want?"

 

"To marry you. It's simple, just say yes." Tyler gets on one knee and presents a ring to Jessica. His original plan. 

 

"Absolutely not. Now leave while I'm still nice." I'd only marry one person and I lost her because of you.

 

"That woman cannot make you happy." Oh?

 

"And what's your definition of happiness, Mr.Kwon?" Tyler stops. What?

 

"Because mine isn't having kids. Mine's having the love of my life beside me along with my family. Mine is getting to have her beside me when I wake up and when I fall asleep. Mine is loving her unconditionally and even though I  up, she'll still be beside me. Because she loves me too. That's my definition of happiness."

 

Tyler swallows hard. He's never seen Jessica this upset before. It's fine. I got this.

 

"And it won't come true because you got in the way, because you overstepped your boundary. When we first met, I told you it's strictly business between us."

 

Tiffany tells Jessica's secretary to call security but have them on standby.

 

"So no, I won't marry you. I wouldn't even go out with you." Jessica puts it harshly. 

 

"Do me a favor and know your place. You're just a business partner. Nothing more, nothing less." Jessica turns to enter her office, leaving the man to think about what exactly he's doing.

 

Tyler gets up and turns. "Sir, we're going to need to ask you to leave." Huh?

 

"Because of your stunt, every news outlet is waiting at our front door so security here will you to your vehicle, Mr.that woman cannot make you happy." That's for breaking Jessica and wasting everyone's morning. Dumb prick.

 

Security escorts Tyler out and makes sure he doesn't say a peep about Jessica. Like he's going to after his pride was destroyed by Jessica Jung. He knows not to get close to her now.

 

Jessica watches as Tyler Kwon leaves, some reporters following him.

 

She doesn't turn her head to look when she hears someone open the door to her office.

 

"How's the damage?"

 

"Some of our employees recorded the little show, now news outlets all over Seoul have the footage. Should I tell to contact them?"

 

"What's the point?" Tiffany stays mum when she knows her best friend needs to talk.

 

"Everyone already knows about the rumors through that first article, besides Tyler started this so he should end it."

 

"But it took place in your company."

 

"Tyler's a smart man. He'll know what to do to pay us back. After all, no one s with Jessica Jung."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Tyler Kwon reportedly shut down by Fashion Designer Jessica Jung today at Blanc&Eclare Seoul.

 

A black haired woman smiles. "Nice to know she still loves me."

 

"And what's your definition of happiness, Mr.Kwon?"

 

"Because mine's having the love of my life beside me along with my family. Mine is having her beside me when I wake up and when I fall asleep. Mine is loving her unconditionally and even though I up, she'll still be beside me. Because she loves me too. That's my definition of happiness."

 

The woman watches her lover shut down the man that tore them apart. 

 

When the clip is over, she hears her plane being called. 

 

"Flight 389 is now boarding." The brunette smiles. She gets up and hangs her backpack around her shoulder. The woman feels pumped and motivated after seeing the news about her lover.

 

"I'm going home and the second I land, I'm going to find you, Sooyeon." I'll get you back, princess.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I'm sure y'all know who this brunette is. She'll officially be introduced in two, maybe three chapters. Not much 2jin moments so far, i know. Im disappointed in myself too, but next chapter will be mainly 2jin, i hope. you'll just have to wait and read. i feel like i've been writing small chapters and i don't know how i feel about that. tell me if i should write longer chapters. my heart hurt a bit while writing the nightmare scene. angst..don't even get me started, BUT i made up for it w that tyler scene. Nothing against Tyler Kwon, i just needed a villain, sorry tyler. I enjoyed writing that last half a lot :D

please leave comments below! they help me a lot and are great motivation to keep going. i do my best to write this au, but im only human and i can stray from what im trying to do sometimes. thus how it became a taengsic story. 

anyway i'm going to go write the next chapter before i continue ranting like last time. i spent a full day editing this and you don't even want to see the drafts D:

Thank You and stay safe everyone!

-J :D