PieCe One

Bad Liar!

 

 

 

 

 

 

The first thing Hyunjin hears when she gets to the café is someone calling for her. She notices that it isn't the voice she's looking for. The college student does see who she is looking for though.

 

"Yah, Jung Chaewon." A blonde head looks up from her textbooks.

 

Jung Chaewon. Hyunjin's closest confidant after her sisters and best friend for life. The two started out rough but have managed to become close over the years. She's currently studying with Hyunjin at the university to become a CEO. Chaewon is also in a longterm relationship with Hyunjin's younger triplet, Hyejoo.

 

"Hi Hyun!" Hyunjin sits down across from the blonde. 

 

"Hey Chae. So why didn't you go to class? I was all alone!" Hyunjin exaggerates.

 

Chaewon rolls her eyes. "If you must know, I had a doctor appointment with unnie and a test to retake. The professor only gave me last hour to come in and take it, but catch me up in class." Hyunjin nods and pulls out her notes and textbook.

 

The two girls spend roughly two hours working on what Chaewon missed before Hyunjin has to leave for class.

 

"Hey Chae, my time's almost up. I need to head out." Chaewon notices the time.

 

"I'll go with you. I still need to tell you about my big news!" Chaewon gets up and collects her things.

 

"Unnie! I'm going to class with Hyunjin!" Chaewon announces out loud. There aren't any customers anyway so she isn't bothering anyone. 

 

Chaewon doesn't wait for a response and skips them out of the café. 

 

"Okay, so what's this great news you have for me?"

 

"I am going to propose to your sister." Hyunjin stops in her tracks. 

 

"No." Chaewon smiles at her best friend. She nods.

 

"Jung Chaewon."

 

"Do I have your blessing?" Hyunjin hugs the small blonde.

 

"Of course you do! Chae, this is amazing! Holy , Chae." Hyunjin squeezes the girl.

 

"I kind of called unnie to have her fly in." Hyunjin blinks. 

 

"What?"

 

"I want all of our family there when I announce it. But only after she says yes of course."

 

"Did unnie say she was coming?" Chaewon shrugs.

 

"I promised I wouldn't tell." The blonde teases. 

 

Hyunjin punches the girl's upper arm.

 

"Ow." The two realize they're already on campus.

 

"Which class are you going to?"

 

"Umm...general Chemistry." Chaewon nods.

 

"Cool, I'll pop in with you." Hyunjin's chemistry professor could care less as long as the blonde doesn't disturb his lecture.

 

Hyunjin and Chaewon walk inside the building right as the bell rings. The taller of the two quickly drags them to her class. They make it there right as the professor opens the door to let his students out.

 

"Oh. Good afternoon Ms.Kim. You're timing is always impressive." Hyunjin nods.

 

"Hi prof!" Chaewon bows to the professor. He's one of the nicest on campus.

 

"Hello Ms.Jung, are you going to be sitting in class again?" Chaewon nods. The two girls sit at the back by the window. The classroom is set up like a normal lab with sinks and cabinets at every table.

 

Chaewon has to pull an extra chair so that an actual student gets a seat at the table.

 

Hyunjin doesn't notice when someone sits beside her, too busy with hearing Chaewon's proposal plan to even turn her head.

 

"Alright class, today we'll be starting our first project. You'll be working with the person sitting next to you at your table. No, Ms. Park that does not mean you will work with Ms.Kim." Chaewon puts her hand down.

 

Hyunjin rolls her eyes at her best friend's antics and looks beside her. Her breath is suddenly ripped from her lungs.

 

Beside Hyunjin sits Jeon Heejin. Hyunjin's brain malfunctions for so many reasons. Heejin looks to the side. She makes eye contact with the Kim.

 

She smiles at Hyunjin. Hyunjin looks away.

 

"Hyun, you better be listening because this is not my class." Chaewon scolds the girl.

 

Hyunjin leans close to whisper in Chaewon's ear.

 

"C-Chae, Jeon Heejin is sitting right beside me." Hyunjin stutters. 

 

Chaewon glances over Hyunjin. The girl's not lying. There sits Jeon Heejin in the flesh.

 

"Good luck, Hyun. It was nice knowing you. I'll take care of the family in your stead." Chaewon looks at Hyunjin seriously.

 

"Yah."

 

Someone taps on Hyunjin's shoulder. The girl turns around and is met with Heejin's warm smile.

 

"Hi, so I'm your partner. You're Kim Hyunjin, right?" Hyunjin nods. Heejin's smile grows a little.

 

"I'm Heejin." She offers Hyunjin a hand shake.

 

Chaewon kicks Hyunjin's shin when she takes too long to react.

 

"Oh. Nice to meet you." Hyunjin collects her senses. Play it cool. Unnie always said. Oh if only the Kim saw her sister now.

 

Chaewon smiles when she sees Hyunjin quickly change from panicked gay Hyunjin to cool gay Hyunjin.

 

The professor goes around handing each pair a paper. "Make sure you and your partner both read carefully and sign." He explains. 

 

Hyunjin offers Heejin the paper first. 

 

"Hyun, let's go to this one jeweler in Gangnam. My unnie says their really good at designing and making rings." Hyunjin nods. 

 

"Do you already have a design?" Chaewon nods. She steals a glance at Heejin who seems to be having some trouble with the pen. Chaewon motions for Hyunjin to check on her.

 

"Umm...Heejin-ssi? Are you okay?" Hyunjin leans over to Heejin's side.

 

"I-I'm fine. I'm good." She slides Hyunjin the pen and paper. The girl looks at Heejin's signature. She stands and takes the paper to the professor. 

 

"Hey, prof. Can me and Heejin-ssi maybe get another paper? I don't think this is legible." Hyunjin shows the man the paper. He nods and gives the girl another paper.

 

"Thanks prof." Hyunjin walks back to her table.

 

Heejin accepts the pen and paper, this time being sure not to mess up her signature. 

 

"Your class after this was canceled today right?" Hyunjin nods.

 

"Then we can visit the jeweler after this. I just need to text Hyejoo. We should also get everyone some food. I know unnie skipped breakfast because of the doctor. Yerim and Hye should be out of class when we come back." Chaewon says.

 

How a body so small can talk so much, Hyunjin will never know. Her unnie is like that and so is Yeojin.

 

Hyunjin has to pay attention in class as the professor goes over what the project is and what they'll need to do.

 

"Feel free to do anything as long as it relates to what we will be covering and is appropriate. You'll have until midterms week to do this. Make sure to get with your partner as much as possible as we will be covering a lot of things from here on out." The professor allows them to discuss with their partner over the project for the remainder of class.

 

"So, what should we do? We have to cover the unit right?" Hyunjin nods. 

 

"What about a presentation?" Heejin nods. Hyunjin explains they could cover each topic on one slide and sub topics can be combined if they relate to something else.

 

The class ends and Chaewon immediately jumps up. "Hyun, come on." Chaewon drags her chair back to its previous location and takes Hyunjin to the door.

 

"W-Wait!" Heejin follows them out. Chaewon honestly doesn't want any trouble for Hyunjin so she tries to get them far from the Jeon girl.

 

 

 

Kids murmuring about them lets her know that Heejin is still behind them.

 

"Hey, wait a sec." Heejin grabs a hold of Hyunjin's free wrist. 

 

Chaewon groans under her breath.

 

"Chae." Chaewon nods.

 

"I'm sorry about that, Heejin-ssi. My friend's in a hurry. What did you need?" Hyunjin asks with Chaewon grumbling behind her.

 

Heejin feels nervous all of a sudden. She shouldn't. It's just Hyunjin, the girl she happens to like.

 

She's aware of how Hyunjin feels towards her and she's aware of all the things the kids on campus are doing to Hyunjin.

 

"Can I have your number? The professor said we should try to meet up with our partners as frequently as we can so..." Hyunjin nods.

 

The Kim holds her hand out and it takes a second for Heejin to register what she's doing. She hands her phone to Hyunjin.

 

"Here. Text me your name and I'll make sure to save your contact. If that's all, I'll see you in class, Heejin-ssi."  Heejin watches Hyunjin get pulled away by the blonde from earlier. 

 

"Hyun, I don't think you should have done that. Being associated with her...it already causes you enough trouble."

 

Hyunjin nods. "I know, but she's my partner. You guys worry too much. I'll be fine."

 

Chaewon sighs and lets it go. She'll trust Hyunjin. She's going to let the other two triplets know in case Hyunjin doesn't tell her sisters.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Alright! That's chapter one I hope y'all like it. Please leave a comment and tell me how y'all felt. I will be doing chapter two, it is in the works.

Thank You for reading and stay safe everyone!

- J