PieCe Two

Bad Liar!

Italics and Bold in a sentence for emphasis. Italic sentences are thoughts. I hope that makes sense. 


 

 

 

 

Hyunjin and Chaewon get to Gangnam by bus.

 

"Alright, so..ummm...it should be," Chaewon looks at the map her cousin sent her. "Over there!" 

 

Hyunjin gets dragged inside a small jewelry shop. The blonde skips to the front counter with Hyunjin on her tail.

 

"Hello, how may I help you two young ladies today?" The clerk at the desk offers the two a small smile.

 

"Hi, I'm looking for Ms.Kwon? My cousin told me I'd find her here." Chaewon says to the clerk.

 

Hyunjin looks at the display. Woah, all of these look different and unique. Some look handmade, this jeweler must be good.

 

"May I have your name, miss?"

 

"Jung Chaewon. Tell Ms.Kwon, Jessica sent me." The employee nods and heads to the back.

 

"Chaewon," Hyunjin looks at some of the jewelry on the wall. "You wouldn't happen to be the Jessica Jung's cousin, would you?

 

"What blew my cover?" Chaewon says innocently. 

 

"I can't believe you. You and Jinsol are related to the best designer out there." Hyunjin says.

 

"I forget you have a big fat crush on unnie."

 

"I do not, I just really look up to her and her works."

 

Hyunjin has been a long time fan of the famed Jung and has followed the woman's career since she started out as an amateur. She inspired Hyunjin to pursue her own dream in Fashion while her sister motivated her to continue music. Now Hyunjin double majors in both.

 

A tall, tanned woman walks out from the back, clearing to get the girls' attention. 

 

"Hi!" Chaewon turns her attention to the jeweler. 

 

"You're Jung Chaewon?" The blonde nods.

 

Hyunjin watches Chaewon's expression change when the tan woman says she doesn't believe the blonde.

 

"I can call Sooyeon-unnie." The designer nods her head. "That name seems familiar...?" Hyunjin shakes the weird feeling off. 

 

"Wonnie! Hi, princess!" Jessica smiles at she answers her phone.

 

"Hi unnie!"

 

"To what do I owe this please, Baby Jung?" Chaewon explains that she came to the jeweler Jessica suggested and just wanted to prove they're cousins.

 

"Pass me to Yuri."

 

Jessica gives Yuri a look that the younger knows too well. "Hey, can you blame me? I don't get a lot of kids coming in here, claiming they're the Jessica Jung's cousin." Jessica rolls her eyes.

 

"Yah, I am not a kid! I'm going to be 20 this November!" Hyunjin has to hold Chaewon back when she looks like she's about to swing.

 

Jessica nods through the phone. "Chaewon's the youngest Jung. She was born a bit after Soojung."

 

"Yeah!"

 

Yuri nods. "Fine. Just know this is going on your tab, Ms.CEO." Jessica nods.

 

"I better not hear from my cousin that you're bullying her, Yul."

 

"Yeah yeah. She's in good hands."

 

"Don't worry unnie. Hyun can handle her for me."

 

"Shouldn't that be Hye's job? Y'know since she's your girlfriend?"

 

"But Hye isn't here right now so...y'know since you're her sister and my future in-law, it's your job." Chaewon mimics Hyunjin's tone.

 

The blonde puts her phone in Hyunjin's hand. "Unnie this is Hyunjin, my future sister-in-law. She's a huge fan of you and Miyoung-unnie. Mainly yours though. Hyun, this is your role model, mine and Jinsol's cousin, Jessica Jung Sooyeon." Jessica waves at the girl.

 

Hyunjin bows, greeting the woman shyly. Damn, she's more gorgeous than I expected. "I'm Kim Hyunjin."

 

"Wait...that name sounds very familiar.." For two reasons.

 

"You wouldn't happen to be the Kim Hyunjin that was in a summer program with Jinsol?" Hyunjin nods.

 

"Do you still major in Fashion?" Jinsol told Jessica that her fashion major friend may have changed degrees.

 

"Yes, ma'am." Jessica shakes her head and tells Hyunjin to just call her by her first name.

 

The designer's seen some of the fashion student's works. Her team actually wants the girl and Jinsol to work with them on their new collection.

 

"You're very talented from what I've seen." Hyunjin widens her eyes.

 

"You've seen my work?" Jessica nods. 

 

The woman gets up from her desk. She walks over to a table with some files.

 

"This your work?" Hyunjin sees some of her old designs from a summer program she attended with Jinsol in San Francisco. The ones that were never returned to her.

 

"Yeah...how..?"

 

"Blanc&Eclare was a sponsor of the program you and my cousin attended."

 

"That's right. You even had some of the seniors do internships with your personal team of designers."

 

"We originally wanted younger participants but then decided it would benefit the older ones more as some could put it on their resumes." Hyunjin nods.

 

"I think that was a good call. A lot of us were fresh out of high school when we attended the program. It was actually pretty cool getting to learn from people who work on the industry. They had a lot of good tips to give. Some of them helped me improve my style." Hyunjin says.

 

Jessica smiles. "I'll let the teams know that, Hyunjin." Hyunjin blushes.

 

A blonde comes in the frame behind Jessica. 

 

"JESSICA JUNG!" The woman jumps, letting out a dolphin shriek. One that Yuri and Chaewon know too well.

 

"F#cking #^%&@^!" Jessica turns around, hearing her best friend cackle at her.

 

"You-" The blonde catches her breath. "You were supposed to be at a board meeting twenty minutes ago."

 

"Wonnie called. Besides I'm only needed for show. You could have just briefed me later." Jessica shrugs her best friend off to apologize to Hyunjin for the interruption. 

 

"Yah! Don't ignore me, Sooyeon!" Tiffany pouts.

 

"I do as I please, now shoo. You're interrupting my conversation, Miyoung." 

 

The blonde notices that Jessica's on the phone with someone she doesn't recognize. She peeks over the woman's shoulder and sees a brunette that she kind of recognizes?

 

"Miyoung, go away!" Jessica brushes the woman off her shoulder and apologizes to Hyunjin again.

 

"It's perfectly fine. Can I ask one thing though?" Jessica nods. 

 

"The woman behind you wouldn't happen to be Tiffany Young, would she?" The designer smiles.

 

"You know this idiot?"

 

"She's worked on a lot of Blanc&Eclare's collections with you. She actually gave a lecture one time at the program and taught us some do's and don'ts of Fashion. Again, very helpful." This girl's memory is good.

 

"Miyoung, did you hear? Your fan just complimented you." Tiffany looks up from the couch, where she just settled.

 

"Fan?" Jessica nods.

 

"Would you like to meet Tiffany, Hyunjin?"

 

"Can I?" Hyunjin just might have a heart attack. Jessica nods at the girl, she looks like a kid hearing that they'll be going to Disneyland. That...that smile...

 

"Miyoung get your over here." I'm probably imagining things. This breakup is killing me.

 

Tiffany gets up. "Tiff, I want you to meet Kim Hyunjin. She's a close friend of my cousins, her sister's marrying Chaewon." Tiffany smiles at the girl.

 

"Hi, I'm Tiffany! You must be on Jessica's good side if she's talking to you normally."

 

Jessica ignores Tiffany's comment. "Hyunjin, this is Tiffany Young."

 

Hyunjin bows her head. "Hi Ms.Young, I'm Kim Hyunjin."

 

"You seem kind of familiar."

 

"Hyunjin attended the program we sponsored in the summer." Hyunjin nods.

 

"You gave us a lecture once and bought us all lunch." 

 

"That explains that large purchase I found under the company card that summer." Tiffany smiles.

 

"What? They were hungry and you said we could use the card for necessary things. Lunch is a necessary."

 

"Pig." Jessica mumbles in English.

 

"Hyunjin, let's roll." Chaewon walks towards her best friend.

 

"You're done already?" Hyunjin didn't notice that time went by so fast.

 

"Yep, now give me my phone so I can say bye to unnie."

 

Hyunjin gives Chaewon a look. Now Jessica knows where she recognizes that smile and the girl.

 

"You're..." Jessica's heart hurts. Tiffany sees Jessica's eyes lose focus. Oh no.

 

"Hey Chae, Hyunjin, we need to go. I hear Jessica's secretary calling for us." The two girls nod.

 

"It was nice meeting you two!" Jessica gives Hyunjin and Chaewon a small smile. 

 

The brunette can tell something is wrong with her role model. She can see hurt in the woman's eyes.

 

"Bye unnies! I'll call later!" Chaewon hangs up after Jessica and Tiffany say bye.

 

"Chae, maybe you should text Ms.Jung. She looked bothered just now."

 

"Hey Jess, you good?" Jessica shakes her head.

 

"She looks like her."

 

"I thought I was just making assumptions. Glad to know I'm not insane." Tiffany tries to lighten the mood. Jessica gets up and walks to her desk.

 

"Tiff, she's her sister. The triplet. She's told me their names before." Jessica puts her elbow over her eyes. Kim Hyunjin, Kim Yerim, and Kim Hyejoo. She always talked about them.

 

"Kim Hyunjin, that same smile, those doe eyes, even the same energy and voice. Tiff, either I've finally gone crazy or I'm calling it." Jessica slams her hands on her desk.

 

"Jessica, maybe it's a coincidence." Jessica nods her head.

 

"Definitely a coincidence that my baby cousin is marrying Kim Hyejoo, who just so happens to be a triplet and one of her sisters happens to be Kim Hyunjin, my fan. A fan who just so happens to know my cousins. When we first met, she told me her sister was a huge fan of mine. I think this is too much of a coincidence."

 

Tiffany walks over and grasps Jessica's shoulder. "Hey. Look at me girl." Jessica looks at Tiffany in the eyes.

 

"Relax. So what if she happens to be her sister? Chances are it's just a weird and very specific coincidence." Tiffany thinks about the sentence she just said.

 

"Tiff, if I'm right then you know what that means?" Tiffany shakes her head. God, this is stubborn. 

 

"Tiff, it means her sister is marrying my cousin."

 

Jessica's phone beeps. "Get that." 

 

It's from Chaewon.

 

Wonnie>_< XD:

 

Hey unnie! Just wanna make sure ur ok. Hyun says u looked a lil off when we were saying goodbye? Try not 2 stress w/ B&E. Take a break, maybe come to Korea? N e gays, love ya^^

 

Jessica smiles. Her cousin rocks. She's surprised Hyunjin noticed something was up.

 

"Hyunjin figured out something's wrong."

 

"Wow, she has a good eye." Yeah...

 

"Chae wants us to go to Korea."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 


ahaha! I have found a stopping point! 

 

Although this chapter may seem unnecessary, it's here to introduce Jessica's character. It's also here to establish Tiffany along with Hyunjin's future relationship with Jessica. I did say this became a Taengsic story too after a certain point of it's making. I'll officially introduce Hyunjin's sister in a later chapter, I just like teasing n dropping hints >:D. I felt like this chapter was weak in some ways.

 

Please don't be afraid to criticize or compliment me, both help alot. Anyway this endnote is getting kinda long so bye!

Thank You and stay safe everyone!

- J >:D