four | unexpected moments

this long flight, with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

when we meet eyes
like we're stars in a movie, beautiful
i hope this moment continues 
- man in a movie, day6

 

 

"it's really been a long time since we last met," sohee started off the conversation while turning the menu's page. seulgi scoffed as she takes a small glance over sohee. she shook her head as she smiles, "i thought we just met two weeks ago." sohee chuckled as she heard seulgi replied.

"no, i mean, we are supposed to meet up quite often before you got married," she said, purposely to tease seulgi as she highlighted the "you got married" sentence and as expected, seulgi blushed due to sohee's statement. seulgi just keep on smiling, well like an idiot but she managed to reply to sohee. "oh god, sohee. don't worry, i will still meet you after this," she said while looking at sohee who's already looked at her-- knowing her friend is very shy.

"yes, we still meet later. but not as often as we did before, right?"

 

"stop it, sohee. oh my god.."

 

sohee chuckled, not even let the smile fade from her smile as she looked over shy seulgi. seulgi lowered her head, shaking her head twice as she felt really shy hearing any related words about her marriage, especially from her own best friend.

they have been friends for quite a long time. seulgi have a hard time finding real friends back then. after meeting sohee, it seems like her world changed. sohee makes her life better than it was. both of them have always been there for each other since the first day of high school.

sohee has this cold aura that leads her to have no friends at all. people used to be so scared of sohee but seulgi managed to approach her and make her feels good. with the friendly vibes that seulgi has, she managed to maintain her friendship with sohee even though it has passed five years.

sustaining five years friendship has never been easy but both sohee and seulgi managed to go through up and down together.

there are times where seulgi did not have any job at all and sohee was there, listening to every each of seulgi’s frustrated thoughts for almost three months.

for seulgi, han sohee is her friend-like family. they have stayed by each other for such a long time. but somehow, it is really hard for her to tell sohee all about her relationship with taeyong. seulgi really finds it super difficult in telling people about her relationship – not only towards sohee.

to anyone.

yes, seulgi is scared of how people will react when they know she is actually dating taeyong. an idol, lee taeyong.

 

“i still find it amusing how you are actually with an idol boyfriend. no, wait. i fix that. idol husband,” sohee continues the conversation. seulgi scoffed as she sipped her tea. “i thought the same too, sohee-ah.”

seulgi take a small glance over her phone as she changed her view towards sohee. sohee was fascinated with the order that they just received from the waiter.

 

“and its lee taeyong. i – you know, seulgi – i always say this, i’m really proud of you. i know how you are not into a relationship back then but look at you now. whoever say bad things about you back then will definitely go speechless when they see how far – no – how good you are right now.”

 

seulgi smiles as she heard sohee said that.

well, seulgi really goes through a lot when it comes to how bad people judge her relationship status.

 

 

“i feel bad for you seulgi. you must be so lonely, not having anyone by your side right now.”

“how can all of your relationships did not work at all? all of your relationships were almost there.”

 

 

she used to be with someone from the same faculty, a computer engineering student. she thought it was not a relationship – she just named that as a fling since nothing is serious. they were just going out together; eating, chatting, and the most cliché, studying together.

studying together is like every college student’s romantic dream.

there are times where seulgi wished that she has met taeyong during her college life so that she will never feel heartbroken so bad. it was so awful because she thought that was just a fling.

it was a fling until she had feelings – real feelings towards that guy.

the guy literally used her because she was smart.

she taught him everything – and she regretted it so much because taking up notes that is not her main subject was such a big sacrifice. she has written a bunch of notes for a subject that she did not assigns only for the guy. writing notes are not something that people would do if there is no purpose at all.

 

“don’t make me so emotional, sohee-ah. and no worries, darling. i know that.”

 

“if anything, you can always hit me up. and not to mention, it’s good to see there are other people that can support you all the time.”

 

“do you mean taeyong?”

 

sohee nods while munching her food into tiny pieces. “of course. not sure how it’s gonna be but seul, taeyong is a good guy,” she paused. seulgi reached for her drink again as she listened attentively towards sohee. “i have never heard an idol comes to the office, gives sandwiches, bonus with cookies, with the reason to support his fiancé at the office. not to say, in the freaking Samsung building.”

 

seulgi can feel the rush of the blood on her cheeks.

 

she remembered everything about that.

 

it was wednesday, three weeks ago.
seulgi does her work nonchalantly as there are no unexpected errors from the other departments. since her team managed to finish up their latest project which is on how to solve the number of fake calls towards idols or any public figures by last two days, they were having leisure time in the office and they were just doing the work routine that they need to do – the usual thing.

seulgi did the usual routine, which is doing some database training towards the seniors in the office, along with dohyun. the training was done on the 13th floor and right when the time has strike eleven in the morning, dohyun capable to wrap the whole training. both of them walks together and when they reached their department, both of them were shocked to see where there is a bunch of employees were standing there as if something big happened.

 

“it must be something big, right?”

 

seulgi nodded her head, agreeing with dohyun's assumption, while straightening up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter