X: Invidia

The Witch's Mistake

"Jisoo..." The boy took a step back  "What are you doing here?"

"I saw you."

"You shouldn't be here-"

"No." Jisoo uttered firmly "You shouldn't be here."

It was the truth. Jimin wouldn't be in this alley if it wasn't for her. If not for that spell, this scene, where both of them stood petrified at the sight of each other wouldn't exist.

She wouldn't have caught him stealing because he wouldn't do it in the first place.

"Take your hoodie off."

"W-What?!" Jimin's eyes grew wide in panic, cheeks flushed as he grabbed Jisoo's hand before she could touch the fabric of his clothes.

"What are doing?!"

"There's no time!" She hissed, wary eyes looking around them "The police saw you with that on, you can't leave this alley wearing that."

"You have a shirt inside, right?"

"Y-yeah," Jimin replied, reluctantly taking off his hoodie to reveal the long-sleeved grey shirt he had underneath.

Jisoo snatched the hoodie from his hands, folding it into a roll "Does this have sentimental value?"

"N-no." She threw the clothes into a nearby bin as soon as the word left his mouth. 

Eyes locked on the hand on his wrist, Jimin silently followed as Jisoo led him to the opposite end of the alley, passing the narrow exit she used earlier.

"Jisoo-"

"Not here." She uttered, eyebrows furrowed as they crossed the street. She was focusing on getting them farther away from the alley.

"Why are you helping me?" Jimin's question stunned her in place.

"What I did was wrong." He uttered, sweeping back his brown hair with a frantic hand "You should be reporting me to the police."

'Because it's my fault you're acting like this.' Jisoo bit her lower lip before she turned around to face him. 

"What are you talking about?" She smiled "You're my friend. Of course, I'll help you."

"Why aren't you asking me why I did it?" Jimin frowned. "Why aren't you angry?!"

Jisoo knew why he looked annoyed. It was the shame of being caught. The demon made him steal but he didn't know that. He didn't have an excuse, so getting scolded for it was the only way he'll feel less guilty of what he did.

"I don't know." Jisoo looked down "I don't know why I'm not angry, I'm just glad I stopped you."

How was she supposed to tell him it was her fault that he was acting that way?

The honking of a black limousine took their attention. It stopped on the side of the street where they were standing, windows rolling down for them to see the sunshine grin of its orange-haired passenger.

"Hosoek..." Jimin uttered, large eyes locked on the said boy who was waving at them.

"You two looked super bummed from afar but seeing your long faces up close feels even more depressing." The boy from the limousine commented.

"Why are you here?" Jisoo eyed him worriedly.

The last sin was Greed. She doesn't see any demon mark on his face and neck but it could just be anywhere on his body.

What if he's going somewhere that has to do with it?

"I'm going somewhere fun." Hosoek beamed "Want to come with me?"

Jimin's eyebrow quirked upward "Why are you inviting us?" He asked, eyes glinting with suspicion as he crossed his arms.

"I just told you." Hosoek pouted "You guys looked depressed, you need to lighten up a bit."

"We aren't interested-"

"We're going!" Jisoo forced a smile on her lips, adding a little jump for the excitement to look real.

She didn't want to go, but after seeing what the other hosts' did because of the demons inside them, she was afraid of what Hosoek would do because of 'Greed'. 

"What?!" Jimin scowled at her "No way am I-"

"It's okay." She smiled, taking him aback "You can go home if you don't want to tag along."

"Where are you headed to?" She asked the owner of the limo.

"Won't tell you till you get inside the car." Hosoek's eyes glinted mischievously.

"Okay" She moved to open the door but Jimin beat her to it.

"I'm only going because you are," Jimin whispered vexingly, the sharp look in his eyes making Jisoo flinch.

"I don't know why you're doing this but it's a dumb move to get inside the car of a person you barely know."

"What a surprise," Hosoek chuckled at the boy who took the seat across him, "I thought you're not coming."

"Shut up." Jimin hissed. "Where are we going?" He demanded as soon as Jisoo took her seat and the car started moving.

"Would the lady like a drink?" Hosoek shifted his attention to the only girl in the vehicle, gesturing towards the wine and juice bottles that laid on the icebox next to him.

Demian's Sun didn't seem to be affected by Jimin's deathly gaze, the smile on his face never faltered as if he was used to the brown-haired boy's intimidation.

"I-I'm fine." Jisoo smiled faintly. "S-so...where are we going?" Taking the initiative to ask before the person beside her explodes.

"A party," Hosoek replied with a smile that managed to lighten up the atmosphere despite the dark aura Jimin was emitting.

"Oh... I don't think we are dressed for the event though." Jisoo uttered, looking worriedly at her duck-printed, purple shirt which she paired with jeans and sneakers.

Jimin wasn't dressed for a party either. Besides the scowl on his face, he's only wearing a plain grey shirt and black-colored jeans. Although, his boots looked suspiciously pricy in her eyes.

"I'm sorry..." She winced, eyeing Hosoek's gold metallic leather shoes and the multiple golden rings on his fingers.

Now that they were inside the car, Jisoo could fully see the multicolored flowers printed on Hosoek's black suit. He paired it with a white ruffle shirt tucked in a high rise black pants.

"I didn't think this through when I accepted your offer."

She honestly thought he was just going to a club. It was what people her age usually meant when they say they were going to a 'fun place.'

"No worries." Hosoek replied nonchalantly "I think we have something for you two to borrow there."

"Oh..." She mouthed the word in reply.

"I've got to thank you though." He smiled, elbows on the armrest as he rested his chin on the palm of his hands.

"W-what?" Jisoo gave the boy a puzzled look.

"It's been a long time since the group attended the same event." Jimin froze at Hosoek's words. "Now it's happening again because of you."

"What do you mean?" The brown-haired boy spoke, his face turning grim "Where exactly are we going?"

"Soleil" Hosoek grinned. "Don't you remember what date it is today? It's June 13th, don't we usually throw a party there on this day of the month?"

"Stop the car!" Jisoo felt Jimin's anger rise from her seat, making her flinch. 

"Why are you so angry?" Hosoek laughed "Relax, will you?"

"You tricked me!"

"I did not." The orange-haired boy panned. He looked more intimidating now that the smile on his face was gone. "You got in the car yourself."

Jimin clenched his jaw, muttering a few curses before he slumped back on his seat.

"Sit still and wait until we arrive." Hosoek said sharply "If you don't want to enter the place then take a taxi home when we get there."

"That's a load of bull! You know there aren't any cars entering that part of the street!"

"Then enjoy the party." Hosoek snapped. He shifted his head towards Jisoo, flashing a grin as soon as he saw the perturbed look on her face.

"Stop acting up or you're going to scare Miss Jisoo over here."

"I'm sorry but I have to ask." She uttered, her curiosity getting the better of her "W-why are you guys fighting? Is Soleil a dangerous place?"

Hosoek laughed in amusement "Not at all. It's a house our parents built so their heirs could throw parties in it without them worrying over broken furniture or accidents."

"Our parents?" Jisoo's forehead creased in puzzlement.

"Yeah, our parents," Hosoek replied.

"Namjoon, Jin, Yoongi, Jimin, Taehyung, Jungkook," He pointed at himself "and mine."

"Stop telling her stuff," Jimin interjected. "She doesn't need to know about it."

"You" Hosoek pointed accusingly at him "Should learn how to stop hiding things from your friend. She is already going there anyway, there is no harm to her knowing about its history."

"So as I was saying." The boy smiled as he continued his story "Our parents are business partners and friends, and Soleil was built by them for us."

"So all seven of you actually know each other? Like childhood friends?" 

Jisoo's eyes widened at the information. Demian's beloved students are actually closer than what Hyeri's story made her believe.

She turned to the boy beside her "But I thought you didn't know Jungkook and Tae-"

"Taehyung's my cousin." Jimin confirmed with a scowl "I know Jungkook but we are not close, the first time we talked was at the clinic."

"Our parents like throwing parties themselves." Hosoek chimed in "The seven of us attended their events at Soleil since high school but it didn't mean we hanged out with each other."

"In truth, Yoongi hasn't talked to any of us besides Jin, and because Jungkook is a bit timid he's only close to Taehyung."

"R-really?" Jisoo was dumbfounded. "How could you guys be in the same place for years and not be close?"

"I guess you can think of it as us being in school. We're in the same place but we have different classrooms, and we hang with different people." Hosoek laughed, his explanation adding more to Jisoo's confusion.

The car came to a halt after entering a large black gate. The door opened, revealing the face of a man in a black suit, Hosoek introduced him as security.

"Welcome to Soleil, Mr. Jung, Mr. Park...Miss." The man greeted as they exited the vehicle.

Jisoo stared in awe at the white water fountain that stood on the center of the estate. The brick-paved path littered with rose bushes on the sides led her attention to a three-story victorian style mansion, its white stone exterior and multifaceted black roof making any person's jaw drop when they see it.

'This...is a house?'

She now understood what Hosoek meant by being in the same school but in different classrooms. The residence was huge, enough that the seven of them would not cross paths with each other if they didn't have the intention to. She would probably get lost in it if she were to go inside alone.

"Hosoek!" A group of people in formal clothing waved their way as they approached.

Their fancy gowns and tuxes making Jisoo feel conscious of the duck-printed shirt she was wearing.

"I'll be at the foyer." Hosoek grinned at the two of them "I trust you still remember the way towards the fitting rooms?" He asked Jimin.

"Yeah." The brown-haired boy replied curtly, dragging Jisoo by the wrist towards a different path before Hosoek's friends could reach them.

______________

"We are done, miss."

Jisoo's eyes fluttered open, meeting gaze with herself in the mirror. Silver smokey eyes, blushed cheeks, and red lips. The maids really did well on her make-up, more than she could actually do to herself.

"T-thank you." She smiled at the two who willingly helped her as soon as she entered the fitting room.

"Our pleasure, Miss," Jaeha replied cheerily. She was the maid who did her makeup and styled her now curly hair.

"We had fun doing it!" Chaerin added, helping Jisoo wear a pair of silver heels. The girl said it would complement the grey satin evening gown they picked for her.

She stood up from her seat, eyeing herself at the mirror from head to foot.

"Wow," Jisoo said in awe, brushing her hands on the embellished diamonds cascading from the high neck fabric of her gown down to the waistline.

"A-are you guys sure I'm allowed to wear this?" She turned to the girls, her eyes wide with worry.

"Of course." Jaeha laughed.

"Any friend the young masters bring here are allowed to borrow anything from this fitting room." Chaerin gestured to the hundreds of clothes hanged on the walk-in closet.

"Are you sure you won't change your bracelet, Miss?" Jaeha asked, showing her a box of possible substitutes. 

"No, It's fine." She shook her head, brushing her thumb on the white pearls on her wrist "The earrings you lent me are enough."

"Oh my, look at the time! You should go now, Miss." Chaerin said after glancing at the wall clock. The excitement in her voice was evident as she pushed her softly towards the door. "I heard Mr.Park is waiting for you outside."

"Aren't you beautiful?" Jimin voiced, startling Jisoo as she stepped out of the room.

"I look expensive." She uttered, cheeks blushing at the compliment as she awkwardly grasped the skirt of her dress. "I can't believe you'd let people borrow this. What if someone runs away with it?"

"I don't think the guards outside will let them." Jimin chuckled.

Jisoo gave the boy in front of her a glance. He looked dashing in all black. His fit accentuating the intricate silver patterns printed on his suit and the grey ruffles peeking out of his collar.

She chuckled, tugging the black satin corset clasped on his waist "Is this what I think it is?" I asked causing his ears to redden.

"You should be telling me how handsome I am, not teasing me about my clothes." Jimin's lips pursed. He grabbed her hand, placing it on his arm as he led her through the hallways.

"Really? You still need me to tell you that?" Her eyebrows quirked upward "Are the girls ogling at you in school not enough?"

"Hey, I complimented you." The boy uttered, "As a friend, you should be doing the same."

"Oh my gosh, Park Jimin!" She gasped facing him. "You are so handsome and shiny, I think I'm going blind!" She said, dramatically covering her eyes.

Jimin laughed, eyes squinting cutely as his shoulders shook. The grin on his face made the ends of her lips curved upward.

"Happy?"

The boy sighed, brushing the strands of her hair on the back of her ear. His faint smile and the soft look on his eyes as their gazes met surprising her. "Happy."

Jisoo felt her cheeks heat up, clearing as she shifted her attention away from his eyes.

"W-where are we going?" She asked, calming the butterflies in her stomach as she looked around them. The hallway was empty but she could hear the faint music through the walls.

"This place is really big, I don't see any guests at all."

"The party's on the ground floor." Jimin replied, his charming smile still intact "No one is to come to the upper levels without permission." 

"Oh," Jisoo uttered, curiously looking out from the glass window behind her. She could see a few guests talking and drinking wine in the garden.

"Should we go to where Hosoek is?" She mused "He said he'd be at the foyer, right?"

Truthfully, she was just worried about the 'Greed' sin acting up. She didn't want anything bad happening to Hosoek like how the others were with the sin they're hosting.

"Jisoo..." She turned at Jimin's call, a shiver running down her spine as she saw the grim look on his face.

"Why exactly did you accept his invitation?"

"Uh..." Jisoo took a step back, surprised at the question. 

"I think Hosoek's right, we did look pretty depressed back there." She chuckled "But really... I didn't know he meant a party in a mansion when he said he'd go somewhere fun." 

"There are a lot of reasons why I left my parents' home after my mother cut connections with her own family."

"What?" Jisoo's forehead creased, wondering why Jimin was suddenly telling her a personal story.

"One of them is why I don't like attending parties here in Soleil despite my family still funding the budget for this place."

"I don't... understand." She uttered meekly.

"I've met a lot of two-faced people here." Jimin smiled bitterly "They become your friends and then exploit your kindness for their own selfish needs."

He brushed the diamond studs on her ear "I hope you aren't one of them." 

Jisoo stood petrified, large eyes staring at the glowing green snake of 'Envy' on Jimin's neck.

'What is he envious of?'

"W-what are you talking about?" She grabbed his hand, staring worriedly at him. "Jimin, I'm not using you for anything-"

A laugh escaped from the boy's mouth puzzling her. "I was joking, did I scare you?" He said, eyes glinting with amusement.

"Let's go, I'll lead you to the foyer."

Jisoo held on to the fabric of Jimin's suit before he could turn his back on her.

"I'm not using you." She insisted, hoping her words will make the demon mark on his skin disappear. "I really think of you as a friend Jimin, I really do."

"I never thought of using you at all!"

"Of course." Jimin held her hand, flashing a smile as he intertwined their fingers "My Jisoo wouldn't do such a thing."

_____________

The grand foyer was where most of the party guests were. Chatting with their group of friends as they eat finger foods and drink wine in their high tables.

On the center of the room was the largest crystal chandelier Jisoo has ever seen, adding to the grand interior of the place.

"You okay?" Jimin asked, noticing the girl's nervous eyes fixed on the crowd.

Jisoo glanced at the boy beside her. The glowing green tattoo on his neck has disappeared.

"Y-yeah." She managed a smile as they descended down the stairs.

"Just...unfamiliar faces."

"This is just an annual event thrown by our parents,  the guests are the heirs of their business partners. A few are our schoolmates the other six has invited." Jimin explained, "You don't have to worry about them."

"Are you sure?" Jisoo asked as they walked towards an empty high table. "They're looking this way."

"It's been three years since I've attended a party here." Jimin smiled as he handed her the glass of wine the waiter was serving. "They're just surprised to see me again."

"Uhuh." She cleared "This isn't going to end up like those dramas where one of the female guests throws a glass of wine at me for coming with you, right?"

"No." Jimin chuckled "You came here with me and Hosoek, no one would dare hurt you lest they want to be escorted out by security."

"I feel very comfortable hearing that now." She smiled before gesturing towards the buffet table "Should we get food?"

"Stay here. I'll get it for you." Jimin left before she could refuse his offer.

'We should go together' Jisoo sighed as she watched the boy head towards the table of finger foods.

It wasn't long before Jimin got surrounded by a group of girls, trying their best to strike a conversation with him before he could transfer the mini sandwiches on his plate.

'I knew it.' She laughed inwardly.

Jisoo awkwardly scanned the place around her to spend some time. Knowing Jimin's kind demeanor, it will take him a while to excuse himself from the ladies.

She wondered where the other hosts were. She was told that all of them would be present tonight. She bit her lip nervously, afraid they're being controlled by their demons at the party.

'Maybe not.' She thought. She would have heard about it by now if one of them were acting up.

"You're finally here." Hosoek's smiling face welcomed her as soon as she turned around. He clanged their wine glasses before swiftly drinking the red liquid in it.

"You look really pretty." He said, placing his now empty glass on the table.

"T-thank you." Her face flushed at the compliment as he glanced towards Jimin who was still busy talking with the guests.

"That's going to take him a while." Hosoek chuckled "He is very bad at escaping small talks."

"I can see that." She replied. "Should we help him?"

"I actually have a favor to ask you." Hosoek held her hand before she could leave the table.

"What is it?" She asked, eyes wide with curiosity.

"Come with me first." The boy grinned pulling her away from the crowd.

"Wait-" Jisoo glanced worriedly at Jimin, the boy was completely oblivious of her being gone. "W-What about Jimin?"

"He's not a child, Jisoo." Hosoek laughed, holding her by the waist as they turned left on an empty hallway. "I'm sure he won't mind me borrowing you for a while."

"I'm really not comfortable leaving him-"

They finally stopped in front of a huge black door guarded by security. They gave Hosoek a nod of greeting before fixing their eyes back to the entrance of the hallway they came from.

"What are we doing here?" Her forehead creased, a sudden shiver running down her spine.

"I've been thinking about how you made something impossible happen," Hosoek spoke, placing an arm around her shoulders.

"You made Jungkook be your friend despite his shy attitude towards girls, got Taehyung to ask you out in public, and you managed to complete the attendance of the seven of us by convincing Jimin to come."

"W-what are you talking about-"

A yellow fox appeared on Hosoek's cheeks, the sight of it stunning her in place.

"I've been trying to win against my friends but I can't seem to do it. So tonight..." Hosoek grinned as he opened the doors, leading her to an abyss.

"You will be bringing me luck."

 

_________________

[A/N: Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Do tell me your thoughts after reading. ♡]