TWO

reputation.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

she finds herself in the midst of people ranging from crew, interns and other television stars. it’s rare for her to attend the post episode dinner. something about watching the latest episode in front of a crowd felt oddly narcissistic and there simply were too many paparazzi around. tonight was an exception mainly because her manager jun was dying to meet some famous actress who’s name she can’t pronounce. she’s surrounded by her team, which seems to be the safest move in being at least a seat away from any other guest that’s attending, to keep her clear of as many and all potential scandals. 

 

“miss park is it okay if i leave you for a minute?” jun requests, and she knows it’s most likely due to the fact that his inner fanboy was screaming for escape. 

 

for someone who worked in the industry for years, it seemed as though jun had a fine line between professional (and thus, presentable) and well, the complete opposite. 

 

she didn’t mind though, if anything it made her feel less guilty about everything they’d went through.

 

“of course, i’ll be on my best behaviour mum,” she jokes with a sassy eye roll, “… i’ll probably halfway through the episode though so don’t look for me, i’ll message you as soon as i’m home.” 

 

he gives her a look of concern, “… will you be okay?”

 

“of course now go and live your dreams,” she shoos, playfully pushing him away as she calls the waiter for another beer.

 

dark hues scan carefully, seeing the way mostly everyone had been enjoying the gathering. she perhaps would have also, once upon a time. her eyes momentarily stop at the sight of jeon jungkook, who makes an appearance wearing a black oversized hoodie and trackies. he seems to see her too because she sees him making his way to the seat that was once vacant by her manager. 

 

“should’ve known you’ll come to your debut episode, but wouldn’t it make more sense to watch it with the other group members?” she asks.

 

“they’d probably laugh at me the whole time, so i needed an excuse to get out. you look bored,” he comments. 

 

“you look underdressed,” she refutes.

 

his eyes scan her slowly, really taking her in. she’s used to it, yet somehow feels overly exposed in the tight f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter