ONE

reputation.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

slender fingers graze across the sheets of paper as she skims through the script one last time, legs a crossed as she taps nervously against the carpeted floor. despite years of practice, she finds herself just as nervous as the first gig she’d gotten at the age of fourteen (a minor role to be fair, though nevertheless a daunting experience) only this time her anxieties seem to exacerbate. it was expected, considering the fact that she was hated by the entire nation. her vision is impaired by the makeup artist in front of her, the hair team working carefully behind and the small trailer compact trailer further cramped by the costume team and manager that were waiting. her eyes refocus like a microscope onto the script, turning the page to see an unfamiliar name on the set list. jeon jungkook. she looks up at her manager, a straight brow lifting as she pauses, analyzing the expression on his face. park chaeyoung can sense a notion of nervousness. something isn’t right.

 

“who’s jeon jungkook?” she questions, unfamiliar with the name, “... you look worried. is he married?” 

 

the last time he’d displayed such an expression was the first time the scandal broke, the night that miss park chaeyoung, korea’s national sweetheart, was seen late at night with her very married costar. none of what was written was true, her manager knew, but once the narrative was out there, it seemed like too much trouble to fight back. 

 

“no miss park,” he responds firmly, “... he’s an idol. are you really unaware of who he is? he’s pretty popul—”

 

“jun, you run my social media remember? plus— when have i ever listened to pop anyway?” she defends, “... are they hiring idols now? is korea short on actors or something?” 

 

“it’s quite common now miss park, idols bring their fan base to a drama, it raises ratings. he’ll only be around for two episodes it’ll be fine i promise,” he assures, “... it won’t be like last time.” 

 

“i’m not worried for myself, i’m worried for you, jun. you’re the one that had to do damage control when reporters start pulling out of their , i’m just sitting in my own oblivion as you handle the hate comments. i feel bad,” she explains, quickly thanking the makeup artist and hair stylist as they begin to pack up, “... it’s going to be hard on you.” 

 

“don’t worry miss park, i don’t mind at all. let’s just work hard.” 

 

the set producers call for an early recess, apparently frustrated with the tense expression on jeon jungkook’s face. park chaeyoung cannot deny that she feels bad, it was a common issue among new actors and for someone with very little training it was expected. she decides to make her way to his trailer, knocking on the door to be met with him red faced. 

 

“i don’t think we formally met, i’m park chaeyoung. i look forward to working with you, please take care of me,” she introduces herself with a polite bow which he reciprocates, be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter