THREE

reputation.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

park chaeyoung wakes up to the loud vibrations of her phone, pulling her into reality. she squints at her surroundings, the brightness of the morning sun peering through the balcony. her body rests on top of the leather couch, limbs sprawled almost touching the floor. jeon jungkook. his body is faced away from her, on the floor between the couch and living room table. eyes blinking. eyelids heavy. she manages to push herself off the couch, reaching for the phone. it takes a few moments for her body to hold herself straight from the light headedness, yet alone to adjust to the sudden brightness of her screen. fingertips scroll quickly pass through the messages from other stars, congratulating her on the episode, looking at the six messages left from her manager, jun. 

 


08:35PM jun: miss park, where are you? why aren’t you picking up your phone
09:23PM jun: apparently mr jeon’s team can’t come into contact with him, did you see him when you were leaving. his team is very worried. 

09:50PM jun: miss park? please text me when you can
10:28PM jun: ???

11:58PM jun: please do not tell me you’re with him
02:00AM jun: call me when you read this

 

she lets out a disgruntled groan, which results in a similar sound emit from his lips. bending over, she pinches him awake. 

 

“wake up,” her voice is groggy, “… apparently your team has been looking for you the entire night.”

 

park chaeyoung can’t fight the tiredness in her body, letting her body practically collapse on the couch as she looks up at the ceiling, wondering how she was going to get out of this mess. she’ll reply later. wait— no, she better reply now before jun stops by and sees the same idol that’s korea’s most wanted. she quickly moves her body, fingers typing. 

 

09:31AM chaeyoung: good morning jun.
09:32AM chaeyoung: sorry, i left really early. wasn’t feeling the best. he’s here, i think we fell asleep after playing a game of jenga. long story. i’ll explain when i see you.
09:33AM chaeyoung: before you get mad, i promise i didn’t want him to come as much as you do. it sort of just happened. 

09:34AM chaeyoung: i’ll call you and explain properly soon, i have to clean up the living room there are jenga blocks everywhere. wish me luck in kicking out this unwanted guest ha ha ha (seriously don’t be angry please) :(

 

after pressing send, the young woman throws her phone onto the other side of the couch, not caring too much as she strategically steps around the half awake body beneath her. the living room is a mess, coupled with various jenga pieces which had fallen, half empty cans of beer and coke and a half eaten box of fried chicken. she begins cleaning without a single complaint, checking up on the male on the floor on sporadic occasions. she almost forgets about what happened the night before, how he managed to convince her to invite him over and how they ended up staying up till three in the morning playing games and drinking beers. they didn’t talk. somehow, their unspoken conversations were enough.

 

as she makes her way back to the living room after a visit to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter