Officially in love and in violation of the bro code

In Violation Of The Bro Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTE: 2jae finally make it official in this chapter. much fluff ahead. i hope you'll enjoy the chapter

********

 

Jaebeom gets to Youngjae’s apartment at 7pm sharp and Youngjae opens the door to let him in. Jaebeom gets suddenly taken aback by the setting that greets him inside Youngjae’s apartment, and he stands in the entryway entirely surprised as he takes it all in.

To start with, the lights are all dimmed and scented candles are spread out all over the room. Jaebeom can’t quite tell what scent it is but it’s something floral for sure. The second thing he notices is the short path of red rose petals leading up to a small table for two. Jaebeom can see flowers and more candles at the table as well as some kitchenware. There is soft music playing in the background to compliment the romantic mood in the room. It’s all so unexpected but also breath-taking.

Youngjae is standing beside jaebeom and looking carefully at his face to gauge his reaction. So far the awe on Jaebeom’s face is a great sign.

Jaebeum turns towards Youngjae to say something and that’s when he really notices sees him, outfit hair and all. 

Youngjae looks different tonight. His hair was covering his entire forehead when he went to the bathroom but now it’s swept back on one side while his bangs fall into his eyes on the other, giving a perfectly alluring glimpse of half his rarely seen forehead.

Youngjae is usually dressed rather casually when they hang out, opting for a simple pair of jeans, t-shirt, sweater deal; but tonight he has traded that in for a pair of black dress pants, a sky blue button down shirt and white cardigan.

He looks stunning, and Jaebeom says just that.

“Thanks.”

“This whole place looks great.” Jaebeom waves his hand to gesture at their surroundings.

“I’m glad you like it.”

“I wasn’t expecting something like this. Now I feel a little under dressed.”

Youngjae takes in Jaebeom’s shy, slightly mortified face and he just wants to kiss it. “Stop it. You look nice.” Youngjae reassures, and he isn’t lying. Maybe it’s that he is an accountant, but Jaebeom never really looks underdressed or too casual. Tonight he has on a pair of navy chinos, a white-shirt and a black blazer. In Youngjae’s opinion, he looks perfect for a candlelight dinner. “I’m sorry I didn’t say anything but I wanted to surprise you.”

“I’m surprised alright.” Jaebeom smiles, moved by the thought of Youngjae going this far to set up a meal for them. It’s not that people don’t do nice things for Jaebeom. It just means a whole lot more coming from Youngjae. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.” Youngjae looks down at Jaebeom’s hands and sees the gift bag, flowers and…plush toy?

Following Youngjae’s line of vision, Jaebeom remembers what he’s holding and then hands it to Youngjae. “I brought you flowers and some wine.”

Younjae beams, reaching for the red roses first and bringing them to his nose to smell them.

“I had no idea we’d have a room already full of flowers. I guess you can squeeze them in somewhere.”

Youngjae shakes his head. “These are going to my room bedside table. They are really beautiful. Thanks.” 

Jaebeom smiles satisfied that Youngjae likes the flowers. He hands Youngjae the plush otter next and explains. “I saw this in a shop window and happened to think of you.” He shrugs.

Youngjae laughs, taking the otter and bringing it to his face to smash their cheeks together.

Jaebeom laughs. “The both of you are very cute.”

Youngjae finally takes the wine from Jaebeom and thanks him then gestures towards a pair of house slippers Jaebeom can slip into.

After Jaebeom is done with that task, Youngjae invites him to walk the rose petal path towards the table.

“Wow I feel like a prince.” Jaebeom chortles as he starts walking.

“That’s the whole point.”

*********

Even though Youngjae took put his best ware for this meal, he kept the meal pretty simple with simple parmesan spring chicken dish and some red wine to go with it. He invites Jaebeom to take a seat after which Youngjae takes his across him.

Jaebeom looks around again, still amazed by everything. The flattering in his belly won’t stop and every second he spends looking away from Youngjae feels like such hard labour. Jaebeom wants to keep staring and staring at how striking Youngjae looks in candlelight, but maybe that could get a little creepy.

Youngjae had to admit that he was a little sceptical about all this, thinking Chanyeol’s idea was a little much. Now he wouldn’t trade this moment for anything else. It’s so satisfying seeing the awe in Jaebeom’s eyes and that’s only the icing on the cake. The romantic setting suits Jaebeom so well and he looks utterly stunning. Youngjae can’t look away.

“I’ll pour us some wine.” Youngjae announces and proceeds to do so. “I just warmed the food, so everything is ready to eat. Shall we dig in?”

“I can’t wait. It looks delicious.”

“I hope it tastes as good as it looks.” Youngjae chuckles uncomfortably, suddenly nervous thinking about his subpar cooking skills.

Jaebeom notices the anxiety on Youngjae’s face and he tries to reassure him. “I’m sure everything is good.”

 They start digging in as soon as Youngjae is finished pouring the wine. The food does turn out to be delicious, surprising even Youngjae. His face brightens in delight and pride.

As if on cue, “This is delicious.” Jaebeom comments

“I think I’m getting better at this cooking thing. This time I did 30percent of it.”

“And the other 70percent?”

“Chanyeol hyung helped me. Actually he helped me put this whole thing together.”

“Your honesty is refreshing. Not a lot of people would admit that.”

“I’m not embarrassed about asking for help. No one is good at everything.”

 Jaebeom takes another bite of his chicken and he waits until he’s swallowed to speak. “This is so good. Chanyeol hyung seems talented at a lot of things. I might have to ride off into the sunset with him.”

“Not if I cripple your damn horse first.” Youngjae threatens with a sweet smile and they both break into laughter.

*********

After dinner, they retire to Youngjae’s couch to drink more wine and chat. Youngjae has a movie playing on TV now but no one is paying attention. Jaebeom can’t even remember what it is or care enough to find out. The view he’s interested in is right in front of him.

Youngjae is telling Jaebeom some funny stories about Coco and while they are too preoccupied with laughing and talking that they don’t realise that they are actually gravitating towards each other on the couch.

By the time Youngjae realises what’s happening, their knees are touching and Jaebeom’s arm is resting over the back of the couch, just behind Youngjae’s neck and mostly slung over Youngjae’s shoulders. Youngjae feels his insides burst into flames and tingles at the close proximity. He ducks his head shyly, looking at Jaebeom under his lashes.

He’s so lost in Jaebeom tonight that there is no room for any reservations at all possible.  Youngjae is so done holding back.

“Am I making you uncomfortable?” Jaebeom asks with a grin like he knows exactly what he’s doing to Youngjae.

The truth is that Jaebeom does know what he’s doing and he’s extremely pleased that his quiet seduction is working. The moment he sat down at the dinner table with Youngjae earlier, he decided he’s not leaving this apartment tonight without kissing Youngjae. Things like guilt and hesitations are the furthest things from Jaebeom’s mind tonight.

Tonight he’s just a man who is deeply enthralled by Youngjae.

“No. I’m fine.” Youngjae smiles, trying not to squeak or choke because his mind is intoxicated by the wine and filled with thoughts of kissing Jaebeom. He wants to kiss Jaebeom so badly. He’s always wanted that since that morning they met all those years ago in Uni. He wonders if he can make his wish come true tonight.

“Good.” Jaebeom shifts even closer.

Youngjae does actually choke on his wine then. If Jaebeom moves a closer Youngjae’s heart might beat out of his chest. Its torture; very sweet torture having the object of his desires hovering over him like this with his broad shoulders, charming smile, kissable porcelain skin on his neck and the long dark hair that Youngjae’s hands have been itching to touch on all evening.

Oh God now he’s wondering if Jaebeom would like it if Youngjae tugged on his hair while they kissed.

Jaebeom crowds in on Youngjae, eyeing him concernedly as a coughing fit assails Youngjae. “Are you sure you’re okay?” Jaebeom asks again

Youngjae nods, thankfully able to put himself together rather quickly.

Jaebeom moves back a bit to give him just enough room to breathe. “Okay.” He smiles. “Where is Coco by the way?”

“I asked Chanyeol to babysit her tonight.”

“So it’s just us here?”

“Just us.” Youngjae confirm, his gaze dropping to Jaebeom’s lips again because it’s impossible not to be drawn in by them. I look back up at his eyes and they are gazing into mine like he is looking far beyond my face. I almost shudder at the yearning glimmering in there.

Jaebeom’s gaze slides to Youngjae’s lips, making it obvious to Youngjae that they have the same thoughts in mind. Youngjae knows what’s about to happen and he’s so ready.

Jaebeom has waited years to kiss Youngjae and now that he’s finally about to, his heart is threatening to thud right out of his chest. his hands get sweaty and shaky as he's leaning forward.

Jaebeom touches his forehead to Youngjae’s, “I like you so much.” he breathes shakily.

“I like you too, hyung.” Youngjae whispers back then finally, finally Jaebeom’s lips meet his, gentle but passionate. The world around Youngjae melts away so that he can lose himself in this moment. His heart flutters as he kisses back, cherishing the moment and the intoxicating feeling of kissing the man of his dreams.

Youngjae’s lips are so soft, so warm and so addicting. Jaebeom wraps his free arm around Youngjae, pulling me closer to him. Youngjae’s left arm slides around Jaebeeom’s neck and they press closer against each other as the kiss deepens.

Jaebeom can’t believe he’s gone for so long in life without tasting Youngjae’s lips. There is no going back from this. After tonight he won’t be able to eat, sleep, work or breath without Youngjae invigorating him with kisses like this.  

They reluctantly pull back and smile.

Jaebeom holds Youngjae’s smooth, warm cheek in the palm of his hand. “I won’t hold back any longer.”

“I was hoping you’d say that.” Youngjae breathes, sounding as relieved as he feels to finally hear Jaebeom say those words.

“I am completely incapable of ignoring stray cats and I’ll probably adopt them all when I get my own place. I will also require you to kiss me like this whenever you’re within reachable distance. Will you still have me as your boyfriend?” Jaebeom grins hopefully

Youngjae laughs wholeheartedly. “It sounds like a great offer. I’ll take it if you’ll have both me and my child Coco.”

“Yes to whatever you are and whatever comes with having you in my life full time.” Unable to resist, Jaebeom presses their mouths together again to solidify the deal.

*********

Minhyuk wrinkles his nose is distaste when he enters the trashy drinking establishment his friend is supposed to be in. The place isn’t even crowded but it feels stuffy and uncomfortable because the music is so loud, there is a foul smell, there is stuff sticking to the bottom on Minhyuk’s shoes as he walks, the disco lights are blinding and everyone in Minhyuk’s eyeshot looks like an armed robber. Seriously how the hell can Kihyun come to a place like this, Minhyuk wonders?

They need to have a serious conversation later about Kihyun’s taste in clubs. Thankfully Minhyuk doesn’t have to search too hard to find Kihyun. He finds him slumped over the bar, left cheek down on the surface. Minhyuk recoils in disgust because, how on earth could anyone put their face on a surface so clearly full of germs?

“Kihyun! He shouts as he approaches, but realises it useless because the music is so damned loud. So he gets closer and nudges Kihyun.

Kihyun lifts his head off the bar and looks up, blinking a few times until he recognises his friend. His face lights up.  “Minhyuk. You came.”

Minhyuk has to lean in very close to hear or say anything. “Of course I did. What the hell are you doing here?”

Kihyun’s smile falls and he looks back down at his bottle of beer. “I can’t go home.”

“What the hell not? Did something happen with Shownu?”

Kihyun lifts his gaze again, his eye imploring as he asks Minhyuk. “Can I stay with you for a little while?”

“What happened, Ki?”

Kihyun’s lips twist, matching the relentless searing guilt twisting in his gut. “I made a huge mistake and I think I went too far this time.” His voice trembles as he blinks back the tears welling up in his eyes.

Minhyuk doesn’t understand any of what Kihyun is on about but the one thing he does know is that this is no place to have a conversation, so he helps Kihyun up and they leave the bar. Minhyuk drives them to his place and while Kihyun is in the shower, Minhyuk calls Shownu. It’s the right thing to do.

Shownu’s knees literally give out under him and he slumps against his car couch as relief washes over him when Minhyuk tells him Kihyun is at his house.

It’s common knowledge that Kihyun does the weirdest and most destructive things when he’s feeling disheartened. Shownu has been a huge anxious mess since Kihyun disappeared and turned his phone off 3 hours ago. Shownu has been running around town searching for Kihyun and frantically calling everyone they know to ask if they’ve seen Kihyun.

“How did you find him?” Shownu asks Minhyuk on the phone.

“He texted me and I found him at some gross bar. He’s alright. Don’t worry.”

“Thanks, Minhyuk. I’ll be right over.”

“Drive safe.”

 *********

Kihyun gets out of the shower and changes into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt Minhyuk has laid out for him on the bed in the spare bedroom. After drinking alcohol, crying, drinking some alcohol and then crying again in the shower just now, Kihyun is extremely thirsty but he can’t muster the energy to go and get some water. He just wants to sleep until the pain in his chest goes away, so he pulls the covers back on the bed and gets in, falling asleep almost as soon as his head hits the pillow.

Kihyun is rudely yanked from his slumber by someone pulling him up and hugging him. He slowly opens his eyes and groans at the sharp pain shooting in his temples. His head is pounding and he feels so disoriented.

“Thank God you’re okay.” Shownu murmurs, holding Kihyun tight in his arms.

Shownu pulls back and holds Kihyun at arm’s length, schooling him to make sure he isn’t hurt anywhere.

At this point Kihyun’s has woken up and he realises what’s happening. “Why are you here?” he frowns, confused.

“I’ve been looking all over for you.”

Kihyun knocks Shownu’s hands off him. “You should leave.” his eyes dart to avoid Shownu’s gaze

“I’m not leaving here without you.”

“I kissed our neighbour.”

“I know. He told me when he came over to our place

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter