Chapter 7

Once Upon A Time In A Royal Castle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you even know what you're saying?" Seungwan asked Seulgi.
"I gave myself some time to think of it and this is really what I want. If you want to be a queen too, then you'll have to compete with me". said Seulgi.
"What's wrong with you?! All your life, you dreamt of living a peaceful life as a normal citizen and I know it more than anyone else, so you can't fool me! There must be something wrong! What is it? Tell me!"
"I just know I'll do better. Besides, that's what everyone expects inside and outside the palace. How could a queen like you even lead a whole nation? I'll go now. I need to tell mom about this. If you have any objection, then compete with me like what I said earlier." Seulgi walks away.
"But how about Irene?!"

Seungwan's question stunned Seulgi for a while.

"She's no one special to me."
"Lie! Lie! Lie! Why are you being such a total liar suddenly?! Just be honest with me! That's what I want!"
"You really want to know why?" Seulgi faces Seungwan with her tears falling.

"I'm going to do it because I love you more than anyone in this world. You've always been there for me but I was never there for you. I never even had the chance to repay all your kindness and love. Now is the only chance I have. Please don't stop me."

Seungwan goes to hug Seulgi really right.

"What are you even saying, you fool? We're sisters so of course I need to be always there for you. Repay me? You don't have to. Just enjoy your life. All that matters to me is your and mom's happiness anyway. Seeing you two happy is--"
"Enough!" Seulgi shouted, sobbing.
"I know you'll be happier without all these pressure. I know you love Irene more than I do. I know it all." Seulgi holds her sister's cheeks.
"Have you ever been as happy as us? Never, right? Do you think that's fine with mom and I? Do you know how bad mom feels because you always sacrifice for our good but never for yourself? You make her feel like a bad mom. You make me feel like a bad sister."

Seungwan got speechless hearing her words. Her tears just fell by itself with so much pain inside her.

"I've already been honest as you wanted. Can you be too?" Seulgi asked.

Seungwan looked down and screamed, "I want to be free!"

Seulgi smiled and wiped Seungwan's tears away.

"My daughters--" The queen comes into the room.

"Mom..." They both wiped their tears away and looked down.


"No need to hide your faces. I heard it all. You two--" She goes to hug them both.
"I was hurt when I heard you two fighting but when I figured out the reason why, I felt glad somewhat because finally, you were both able to say what you wanted to say all this time to each other."

"I'm sorry for making you feel like a bad mother, mom. You're actually the best and if I'll be born again, I'll still choose to be your daughter, even if I'll need to cope with these royalty stuffs again", said Seungwan.
"I'm sorry for being nothing but a burden to both of you. I promise I'll be a better person and a great queen someday", said Seulgi.
"I've never seen any of you two as a burden. I love you both equally. No one overlaps anyone, just like how I gave birth to you two." The queen kisses her children.

"But are you sure about that, Seulgi? Will you really be the queen instead of your sister?"
"It was indeed a hard decision but I will, your highness. Please let me be the queen instead." Seulgi kneels.
"Please set me free, your highness." Seungwan kneels.
"What are you two doing?! Stand up!" She pulls them both up.

"Whatever you wish for, I do my best to give it to you, no matter how hard it is. How could I even say no now?"

That very day, Seulgi went to talk with Irene.

"I'm sorry for my sudden decision last time. I know I was hasty and I didn't think before I talk", said Seulgi.
"I'm also sorry, because I wasn't able to return the love you gave me the way I should have." Irene apologized.
"What are you saying?" Seulgi chuckles.
"It was a short relationship but it was fun. I also learned some things, thanks to you. I hope we could still be friends." Seulgi smiles.
"I'd love to be your friend for a lifetime." Irene smiles back at her.

Seulgi takes a deep breath.

"Take care of Seungwan."

Irene gets speechless.

"Don't worry, I'm not mad about it. I'm actually glad because it would be someone I trust who'll be taking care of her. Please don't make her cry. Don't forget to reply to her messages. Also, give her enough attention. You know how much of an attention seeker that sister of mine is. Always make her laugh and smile because she deserves it. You must--"

Seeing tears starting to come out from Seulgi's eyes, Irene holds her hand and says, "You don't have to worry. I'll do it all and love her more than she loves me each and every day. I also hope that next time, when you fall in love, it won't be with someone unsure like me. Love takes time. Let's both remember that."

Seulgi nods and asks, "May I ask you for another favor?"

Irene nods.

"Can I hug you?" Seulgi asks.
"I knew you would say that." Irene hugs Seulgi herself.
"Thank you for everything." Seulgi hugs her back.
"Thank you too, Seulgi."

"Oh, there's another thing I think I must tell you", said Seulgi.
"What is it?"
"Mom knows. Hehe--" Seulgi rubs her nape.
"Seriously?! How?! What did she say?! Did she get mad?!"
"She heard Wendy and I quarelling-- I mean, talking. And-- everything was mentioned including our love so-- hehe-- She didn't say anything but I don't think she's mad because if she is. Besides, what I said about love, she was the one who said that. As long as it's true then it's acceptable."

Irene takes a deep breath and says, "I think I should personally talk to her before coming for Wendy."

 

That

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter