Chapter 4

Once Upon A Time In A Royal Castle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before I start this, I want to tell my readers to calm down, especially the knows who voted on the poll I made and know the result. The story's not done yet and everything is flowing this way because tbh, this was a dream of mine. The fic I was planning to write (Which I've already started too but deleted coz of this) has a different plot but this dream of mine made me think that it has a good story. I dreamt of me working at the castle for Irene and Seulgi. Yep, I changed the characters to make the flow better. I hope you'll all stop feeling annoyed because the story is only halfway through. Thank you. And sorry for the annoyance I'm bringing everyone T.T

----------------------------------------

 

"Can we talk? Same time and same place" Seulgi texted Irene.
"Sure", Irene replied shortly.

During their lunch break, they both went to the school's rooftop to talk as planned.

"Hi..." Seulgi greets her awkwardly.
"Hello" Irene smiles awkwardly.
"We don't have much time. Wendy might look for us and skip her lunch without us so I'll make this quick and get to the point." Seulgi takes a deep breath.
"Uhm, wait, would this be about what happened last time? Please just forget about that. My body moved by itself and I don't even--"

Seulgi holds her hand.

"Can you please let me talk first?", asked Seulgi.

Irene answers with a nod.

"I like you", said Seulgi.
"You--" Irene chuckles.
"Sorry, I just-- am I hearing you wrong or what?"
"I like you." Seulgi repeats it.

Irene wasn't able to keep herself from smiling like a fool after hearing Seulgi's confession.

"I like you too, Seulgi. In fact, I like you like-- I don't know. But I really like you that's why I did what I did last time", said Irene.
"Can you do "that" again?" Seulgi asked.
"Do what?"

Seulgi pouts slightly.

Irene chuckles.

"You're really the cutest thing I've ever seen", said Irene.

She was already about to kiss Seulgi when suddenly...

"So you two are here. Why didn't you even tell me we'll be having our lunch here? I spent quite some time looking for the two of you", said Wendy.
"I was about to call you", Seulgi lied.

Wendy stares at Irene and tilts her head.

"Hey, are you okay?" Wendy puts her hand on Irene's forehead to check her temperature.
"Yes, why?" Irene asked.
"You look so red but your temperature seems fine", said Wendy.
"Uh, must be the weather", Irene smiles.

------------------------------------------------

"It's been a long time. I had no enough time to write things here, that's why. But today, I must do this no matter what. Princess Seulgi and I confessed to each other earlier. I didn't expect this would happen since first of all, she's a princess. Second, we're both girls! I never liked anyone of the same gender before so I never expected I'll be feeling this way. Anyway, I really hope our relationship will go well. And I also hope the queen won't kill me for this since she might see this relationship as a humiliation.

Princess Wendy and I on the other hand are now good friends. We already talk more often. In fact, we spend more time together than Seulgi and I, since she talks with me even inside the palace. She even helps me with my work when she can. I hope"

"Irene?" Sharon knocked.

Quickly, she hid her diary and opened the door.

"Yes, aunty?"
"Can you go to the market with Wendy tomorrow?"
"Sure, aunty."
"Thank you. I'm sorry because I can't do it by myself since I have loads of works to do in the palace."
"It's okay, I understand." Irene smiles.


[THE NEXT DAY]

"Aunt Sharon didn't tell me we'll be going to the wet market." Irene complains.
"Why? Are you disgusted?" Wendy asked.
"No, but look at me. Do I look like someone who plans to go to the wet market? I even wore some make up. If I knew we would go to the wet market then I would have dressed plainly."
"So now you are complaining just because of your clothes and make-up? Shouldn't I be the one complaining since I'm a royalty but I still have to go here?" Wendy asked.

Her question made Irene quiet.

"I'm sorry. Mood swings..."
"Why? Did you two fight?" Wendy asked.
"What?" Irene asked.

Wendy shook her head and said, "Nothing. Nevermind that."

"Why are you the one being asked to go here now that it's Seulgi who'll be living a normal life among you two anyway?"
"Seulgi is really clumsy. She'll sure drop this and that and get nothing home, for sure." Wendy chuckles.
"Seriously?"
"Yup! Also, she hates going here because of the smell."
"I see. You two are twins but still, very different."
"Wait, you knew?!" Wendy gets shocked.
"Does everyone know that the princesses are twins?!" Wendy asked.
"Of course! What made you think nobody knows?"
"They always ask us who's older, so I thought no one knew."
"Even if you are twins, there is an older sister. The first one who came out of her mother's womb is the older one." Irene explained.
"But we came out at the same time since my mom had caesarean delivery."
"Oh, that, I'm pretty sure nobody knows. I bet that's why they always ask."
"But if I were to ask you, who do you think is the younger one?" Wendy asked.
"You, of course."
"I look younger, that's why, right?" Wendy grins.
"You're just too childish to be the older one", Irene answered.
"Sometimes I'm hating your honesty." Wendy glares at her.

Irene laughs and said, "You can look younger too, if you'll base on the height."

"You can just go home. I can do this alone." Wendy walks faster.
"Hey, wait for me!" Irene ran after her while still laughing.

"You always tease me but why can't I tease you? Don't be unfair", said Irene.
"Yeah, yeah, tease me till you want." Wendy rolls her eyes.
"You don't look younger than Seulgi but you look wiser. Is that compliment enough for you to stop sulking?" Irene asked.
"Everyone knows that's not true."
"I don't think so. You really look smarter and I think you are indeed smarter. You just don't want to surpass her that's why you're playing dumb."

Wendy suddenly stops walking.

"Have you, by any chance, read my diary?" Wendy asked.
"Wait, you also have a diary? Wow! I also do! I thought no one does that anymore!" Irene gets excited suddenly.

Wendy raises her eyebrow and says, "So you didn't read it. Good."

"Based on your reaction, what I said was totally right", said Irene.
"What made you think that way, though? Who wouldn't even want to surpass someone?"
"Hmm... Honestly, Seulgi mentioned to me once that you are better than her on many things. It's still questionable why you don't want to surpass her though. Because like what you've said, who wouldn't even want to surpass someone?"
"What do you think the reason is?" Wendy asked.
"If I were to answer this before we started getting close, I would say, it's because you probably think you've surpassed her long time ago on everything. But now that I've known you better, I think it's because--" Irene smiles at Wendy.
"Because?" Wendy raises her eyebrows.
"Because you're a really good person", Irene continued.
"What do you mean?"
"I know you know what I mean. I'd end it with that."
"Did you just say we're now close? I thought only I, thinks that way", said Wendy.
"Silly. If we are not close yet, I won't be teasing you this much."
"On second thought, I don't want us to be close", said Wendy.

Irene chuckles and says, "There she goes again."


----------------------------------------------

"The queen's birthday is coming. A week before it, we'll be a lot busier so make sure you do your school works beforehand, okay?" Mrs. Gazel asked.
"Yes, Mrs. Gazel", Irene nods.

"I'll leave you here for now. I still got load of things to do. Make sure you'll practice how to do everything I taught you."
"I will, Mrs. Gazel. Thank you." Irene bows.

Mrs. Gazel left the room.

"Phew! I thought I was gonna die!" Wendy goes out the wardrobe.
"Oh my! Why were you even inside the wardrobe?! You startled me!" Irene complained.

Wendy laughed and said, "Sorry, cutie. I was playing here when Mrs. Gazel suddenly came so I needed to go inside. Not a very bad idea since she left in a few minutes."
"What if she didn't? You might have been suffocated or something inside, you know?"
"Are you worried?" Wendy smiles.
"My job is to take care of you."
"Are yoh worried?" Wendy repeats her question.
"Well... yeah, of course, you're my close friend, after all." Irene answered.

"Meow~"

"What?" Irene frowns
"Uh, I was playing, I told you, right? I was trying to act like ani.."

"Meow~"

"Wait..." Irene checks the wardrobe where Wendy came from.

"Sooo cute! Why didn't you tell me you got a cat? I never knew", said Irene.
"Actually, I just saw her wandering around the castle earlier. We stared at each other and that's when I knew--" Wendy looks at Irene with a serious face.
"--she wants me to love and take care of her." she continued.
"She? This cat is a male, though" said Irene.
"Seriously?! Oh my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter