Chapter 1: His Dearest

Onesided But Endless [Peraya, OffGun, TayNew]

{Author's P.O.V:}

Far away from the bustling country of Thailand, right in the heart of peaceful England, lives two of our protagonists of the story.

One of them is lying peacefully on the deck chair with a thin book in his right hand. The other one is enjoying his swim in the spacious private swimming pool.

Splash!

"P', you are honestly such a nerd..." Krist comments with a pout as he swims away from the center of the swimming pool towards the edge.

The aforementioned boy looks up from his book and takes off his glasses with one hand. He then diverts his gaze to Krist and the corners of his lips lift up into a gentle smile that could kill any lady out there. Luckily, there aren't any other people except the two of them since the swimming pool belongs to Krist and it's right on the roof in his luxurious mansion. The ladies out there are safe for now.

"Geeze, stop smiling at me like that, you are giving me goosebumps..." Krist pulls a face at him and fakes a shudder on purpose.

Amused, the other male chuckles and walks over to Krist with a towel in his arms. He then puts a towel over Krist's head and ruffles his hair violently to annoy his younger friend.

"Brat," the boy's voice was as tender as usual.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry, P', stop shaking my head, you are making me dizzy!" Krist surrenders and tries to get his friend's hands off of his poor head. With a mischievous smirk, Krist pulls his friend down into the pool as a little act of revenge.

Not expecting this, the older boy loses his balance and falls straight into the cold water with a loud splash.

"Young master Singto!!" A shocked female voice suddenly reverberates through the place from the entrance. The young lady hurries over and grabs a towel from one of the deck chairs.

The boy named Singto coughs a bit but quickly regains his composure.

Krist laughs triumphantly but still pats his friend's back softly. "You okay, P'?" He grins.

"Young Master Krist, you shouldn't have done that, what if something happened to young Master Singto?!" The maid reprimands him with a scowl. Krist looks at her with a dumbfounded expression, "C'mon, it's just water!" Krist whined. "And it's not like he can't swim..." He mutters quietly and rolls his eyes at her.

Krist has never liked Singto's maid that much, she is way too obsessed with Singto. He has even seen her secretly taking pictures of Singto. Not only that, she would constantly in and interrupt them when they hang out together.

Just like right now.

"Young master Singto, let's get you out of the water before you catch a cold, here, let me help you up," she ignores Krist and reaches out her hand to help Singto.

Feeling annoyed and disgusted by his young maid, Singto avoids her approach and stares at her with an empty look. If she weren't the daughter of his mother's cousin and if her mother hadn't begged his mother to take her in as their maid, Singto wouldn't even have let her get close to them let alone have any kind of interaction with her. He knows very well that she approached him because of his family's status. If his mother hadn't told him to treat her well, he would have fired her long ago and kicked her out as far away as possible.

But this time, his patience has reached its limits. How dare she scold Krist whom not even he has the heart to ever scold before?!

Singto turns to look at his best friend, his gaze softens immediately. "Kit, I bought the newest version of the game you wanted, it's for you, go take a shower and play on first, I will join you later," he tells him in a gentle tone.

Not wanting to stay with Singto's troublesome maid any longer and excited about the new game, Krist happily complies and gets out of the pool.

Singto watches Krist attentively as he leaves. When he makes sure that Krist is out of their range, Singto withdraws his amiable facial expression and throws a sharp glare in his maid's direction. In the next moment, he lifts up one corner of his lips into a smirk.

Beckoning to her to come over with a single movement of his index finger, he stares profoundly into her eyes. The maid blushes and moves over to the edge of the pool.

"Who am I?" Singto asks her, rendering her confused for a second.

"You are young master Singto, of course, why are you asking?" She questions back with a perplexed expression.

"And what are you?" Singto asks again with a courteous smile this time. The maid gawks at him like an idiot. Even though she has seen him smile like this from time to time before, it still makes her heart race at an abnormal speed. His smile is simply the most ethereal and most graceful thing she has ever seen in her life.

"I-I am Risa, your maid..."

Singto nods in approval and climbs out of the pool, his movement fast and agile. He stands face to face with her and looks down at her with the same gentlemanlike smile. "And who is Krist?" He questions her again.

"Young master Singto's best friend?" Risa replies, her voice laced with uncertainty since she has no idea what he is trying to get at with these random questions.

"That's right," He says and something glints in his eyes for a split second.

But in the next moment, his smile disappears completely and he looks at her emotionlessly.

"But also wrong."

Singto takes a step closer to the maid. Risa can't help but step back as she senses a menacing aura slowly emitting from her young master.

"Krist is not only my best friend..." Singto starts.

"To be more exact... He is my dearest treasure... my whole universe," he continues and steps closer to her.

"...More precious than anything in the world to me..." His voice softens for a second as he speaks of Krist.

In the next second, Singto stares at Risa with the same cold face, hovering over her as if she is the lowest and most inferior being amongst all existence. "Yet you dare speak to him and look at him like that?" Singto stares at her with such an eerie and soulless look, he almost resembles a psychopath.

Risa gulps nervously and can't help but want to flee from this scary man. Her legs are shaking and she stumbles back to get away from him but she loses her balance in the process.

Void of any emotion, Singto watches her fall into the pool miserably.

"You should know your place and stay in your lane," Singto turns away from her and leers at the struggling maid from the corner of his eye with obvious contempt.

"But don't worry, I won't punish you or anything," Singto says, his usual courteous smile finding its way back to his face, "You are not worthy." A cold shiver runs down her spine at the sight of that smile, Risa tightens her hold on the cold border of the swimming pool on reflex.

"By the way, you are fired." With that, Singto leaves her behind.

Risa feels all of her strength leaving her body and has to give her all to keep her head above the water surface to prevent herself from drowning.

But what she hears next is even worse than anything he has said to her until now...

A house servant of Krist's family greets Singto as he passes him by. Singto greets back politely and stops him.

"Excuse me, may I interrupt you for a second?"

"Yes, young master Singto, is there anything I could help?"

"Indeed. The pool got dirty, could you please change the water and clean the pool before Krist uses it again? I don't want him to catch anything filthy."

"No problem, just leave it to me!"

Singto bows slightly as a gesture of respect and courtesy. The servant bows back humbly and secretly admires Singto's excellent manners.

When Singto takes his leave, Krist's servant looks over to Risa who is staring at Singto's back with a thunderstruck expression as she feels deeply offended and hurt.

Her young master Singto, whom she loves and worships so much doesn't see her as anything more than filthy dirt...



~~~~~

A/N: That's it for the first chapter! Subscribe and add the book to your library to keep track with new updates!

Please leave a comment and give me a feedback, I appreciate both criticism and support!

- fujoheaven