Prologue: OffGun - The Past

Onesided But Endless [Peraya, OffGun, TayNew]

{Gun's P.O.V:}

Tears fell from my eyes as I raised my head to look at the engraved name of my now deceased father on the gravestone. My mother held me close to her while she cried silently.

Everybody else had left after they expressed their condolences. I didn't mind because they weren't that close to us anyway.

However, there was one other person who still stayed by our side, it was my best friend who has known my family and me since elementary school. I could see that he was holding back his tears while he stared at the ground sadly. I wiped my tears away and gestured for him to come over to us.

He obediently joined us and knelt next to us in front of my father's grave.

My mom smiled through her tears upon seeing him. He saw her smile and grimaced further before breaking into tears.

"Auntie, I promise I will take care of you and Gun!" He exclaimed and sobbed.

"Oh, you are such a sweetheart, Off~ Thank you na~" My mom replied and embraced him.

I watched them and smiled for the first time that day. How lucky I was to have such a faithful friend like Off...

 

{Off's P.O.V:}

It has been a year since uncle Poonsawas has left. Gun and auntie have finally recovered from their sorrow.

I knocked on the door of Gun's apartment and waited patiently. Gun's mom opened it and I greeted her with a big smile.

"Morning, darling! Are you here to pick Gun up for school?"

"That too, but I mainly came for auntie's delicious breakfast," I replied honestly and grinned cheekily. Auntie laughed gleefully and smacked my shoulder lightly.

"I knew it! Come on, auntie prepared shrimp porridge today, tell me how it was when you've finished."

"Mmm! That already sounds marvellous to me!"

I sat down at the dining table and dug right in without even waiting for my best friend who was probably still asleep.

After a while, I heard faint footsteps coming towards me. I didn't even bother turning around to greet Gun because the porridge was more important right now.

"You made a record today, 10 minutes earlier than usual!" I pointed out to make fun of him.

Instead of replying, Gun sat down on the opposite side of the table with a long yawn.

"What's wrong--," My voice was caught in my throat mid-sentence as I looked up at him and felt my heart skip a beat. His shirt was still open, revealing his bright chest in its glory. In addition to that, his hair was messy from sleep. Gun opened one eye to peek at me tiredly and nodded as a gesture of greeting.

I felt the blush creeping up my face and I forced myself to look away.

"Holy , what was that just now?!" I thought and screamed silently. Carefully taking in a deep breath, I tried my best to calm down my erratically beating heart.

Am I sick maybe?

I wasn't quite sure what was wrong with me, I never felt this way before.

My throat suddenly felt dry and I cleared my throat while stealing a glance at the person who was nearly causing me a heart attack.

He was in the middle of buttoning up his shirt but I could still see his s. My eyes widened at the dangerous sight in front of me. All of my blood rushed southwards and concentrated in a certain area of my lower body. Realizing the strange reaction of my body, I was at a complete loss and panicked inwardly.

Utterly flustered, I got up in the speed of light, causing the chair to tip over. I picked it up quickly and clumsily stumbled my way to the front door.

"Auntie, thanks for the awesome breakfast, I am leaving first, I forgot to do my homework and it's due today!" I exclaimed while hastily putting on my shoes and left in a hurry.

When I was in the elevator, I breathed in and out deeply. I leaned on the wall and grabbed my chest. My heart was beating furiously against my ribcage, it was almost painful.

Eventually, my legs lost their strength and I slid down to the floor weakly. The image of my best friend lingered in my mind and my face flushed a deep red. On top of that, my groin was aching as well.

"Stop! I need to stop! This isn't normal!" I told myself and clasped my hand over my face.

Why was I acting this way? I usually only got hard from looking at y girls and from watching women in those ographic videos.

I remained still and when my body finally calmed down, I got up and exited the elevator. Millions of thoughts were flashing through my head, most of them consisted of Gun, my best friend whom I have known for years.

I knew very well that it was wrong to feel this way towards my best friend but I didn't even understand why I suddenly reacted this way.

I recomposed myself and pondered every possible explanation.

Maybe it's just because of puberty. Maybe I will be normal again if I keep my distance from him.

My heart was heavy from guilt when I thought back about the way my mind and my body reacted to my innocent best friend.

I am sorry, Gun. I am such a disgusting bastard...

 

{Gun's P.O.V:}

It has been almost a week since Off has been avoiding me. He wouldn't pick up the phone when I called him. When I approached him, he would find an excuse to get away from me. I had absolutely no idea why he was acting this way.

Out of frustration, I kicked the stones from the ground with my feet as I reflected on my actions and thought about what I could have done wrong. However, nothing came to my mind.

Off has been acting strange ever since that morning he came to pick me up but left without me in the end.

Just as I was giving up on searching for an answer, I caught a similar figure from the corner of my eyes. I abruptly turned around and ran towards that person. He didn't notice me at first but when he heard my approaching steps, he turned his head to look and I saw his eyes flicker with conspicuous panic and restlessness.

He his heels in an attempt to get away but I was faster this time. I grabbed his arm firmly and blocked his way.

"Off, can you tell me why you are avoiding me all this time?!" I demanded with a deep frown.

Said person averted his gaze from me, "I am not..."

"Off, please! Tell me directly if something is bothering you! Aren't we best friends?"

He looked at me for a split second before looking away again, "I..." Off thought for a moment before continuing. "It's nothing..."

I could see that he was lying. "Can't you trust me anymore?" I asked sadly.
 

{Off's P.O.V:}

My heart was breaking when I heard that sad tone of his.

But I knew that it would be best for us if I stayed away from him. I am a freak that has developed special feelings for his male best friend.

Even though I didn't want to ruin our precious friendship, I still needed to take action. I didn't dare imagine what his reaction would be if he knew that I liked him in a way that a normal friend shouldn't.

I pulled my arm out of his grip and turned my back to him.

I took a deep breath and braced myself before I spoke the words I never thought I would say to him.

"Let's stop being friends anymore, Gun..."

My voice was barely audible, but I knew that he heard me. My heart was already aching so I couldn't find the courage to look at him since I knew if I saw his disappointed and sad face, I would resign immediately.

I am so sorry, Gun...

"Stay away from me..." It's for your own good. 
 

{Gun's P.O.V:}

I never knew that words could pain me this much. I couldn't believe what Off said just now.

"Why...?" I asked with a strained voice as I felt tears prickling my eyes.

There came no reply from him.

I stepped closer to him to look at his face but he only turned away from me.

"Because I am tired of you! You are bothering me, that's why!" He exclaimed with a low voice, "I am exhausted from taking care of you, I have had enough of everything!"

I gawked at him incredulously.

"I didn't ask you to take care of me, you were the one who made that promise on your own!" I retorted angrily. He was being unreasonable!

"Fine! It's my own fault, now leave me alone!" With that, Off walked away without looking back.

I stared at his back like an idiot and let the tears roll down my cheeks freely. I was angry, yes. I was mad at him for breaking the promise, but more than anger, I felt shame. It's a shame that our friendship didn't last as long as I had thought.

I fished out my phone and dialled Off's number.

He stopped in his track when his phone rang. He didn't pick up but I kept on calling.

"Thank you for being my friend all these yearsthank you for having been by my side all this time, I will not forget the time we have spent together!"

I saw him tense up before he continued to walk away.

"No matter what, I will always think of you as my friend, Off!" I shouted loudly ere he turned around a corner, disappearing from my eyesight completely.

Thank you, Off...

Thanks for putting up with me all these years...
 

~~~~~

A/N: Just like how the title says, this took place in the past when Off and Gun were still going to high school, there is more to come, so stay tuned! ;)

Remember to subscribe and add the book to your library to keep up with new updates!

Please leave a comment and give me a feedback, I appreciate both criticism and support! Kudos and Votes would motivate me to update faster! ^^

 - fujoheaven