of music bank and reunions

of music bank and reunions

 



The stage fills with idols as they gather to film the end of Music Bank— the announcement of the winner of the weekly K-Chart. Coordi-noonas, fussing around the stage, fixing idols' outfits and makeup as the rest of the crew gather to start the last part of the day's filming; the idols, mingling among themselves, catching up on stories with their friends from other groups.


A figure stands at the edge of the stage, flanked by two others, hesitant to socialize with the rest of the idols on stage. Joy and sadness reflecting in the former's eyes as he eyes the duo on the other end of the stage. Joy, for they were all standing on the same stage once again; and sadness, for it wasn't how he had imagined it to be. All the while, his face—Jaejoong's face— betrays nothing as he looks and occasionally smiles to the crowd in front of him.



"Let's see the results of Live Music Bank's K-Chart for the first week of February."



Yunho spares a glance to the right side of the stage, accidentally catching Jaejoong's gaze, debating whether he should approach them or not; whether he should reprimand them and then hug them tightly or to pretend that they aren't there. Yunho's grip on his own wrist tightens as he realizes how awkward and tension-filled it is now between the five legendary Rising Gods of the East, and decides to just put the topic aside for the moment. There is a recording still going on, after all; and they are professionals, they shouldn't let such personal problems bleed into their work.



"Please show us the scores."



A teary-eyed man is staring at the floor, unable to look at any other direction, for the fear of looking at his former leader or maknae's eyes. Yoochun knows that such a thing would push him over the edge, would make him bawl and run to the other end of the stage to engulf the other two in an embrace. He wasn't the only one who missed them, of course the other two missed them too, but he was always the one to wear his heart on his sleeve. Yoochun continues to stare at the floor and keep to himself, stopping himself from creating a scene, and potential problems for the two remaining members of SME's Dong Bang Shin Ki.



"Digital album score, Viewers' preference score."



Junsu has his arm around Yoochun, as if to keep him safe; and his eyes on Jaejoong, watching the eldest's every move. Ever since the break up, he has been the pillar of the trio—the most stable one. With his Jaejoong-hyung's drinking and depression he had to learn to be strong for the three of them, and to always be there for the other two during their bouts of weakness. Junsu squeezes Yoochun's shoulder as he looks over at where Yunho is, getting his attention and nodding at him.



"Album score, and score for number of performances."



The maknae has been staring at the trio long before Jaejoong even glanced at him and Yunho. Changmin has no idea as to what he really feels towards his three hyungs. He loves them because they are his hyungs and they've been through a lot but at the same time he can't help but get mad at them for breaking his heart and forcing him to grow up. Changmin knows that growing up is really part of a person's life but sometimes, he wonders how different his transition to adulthood would've been if his Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu-hyungs were around.



"The first place will be determine by the totalling of the scores… The first place is…"



All the other idols are looking at each other, whispering among themselves, and trying to ignore the tension that has long settled in between all of them. The top two artists of the week, according to the K-Chart, are JYJ and DBSK; and it is only a matter of time, a few seconds, before everything would boil over and the winner is revealed. Butterflies flutter inside everyone's stomach, making them fidget and fear what changes this result would trigger.



"The first place is, JYJ!"



Thank you's spill from the trio's lips, while tears of happiness fall from their eyes, as they approached the MCs to get their trophy and bouquets. Multiple hands come out of nowhere, patting them on the back, shaking their hands and congratulating them for their first win— their first ever win as JYJ.



"To C-JeS. Thank you. To Cassiopeia. Thank you. To… Yunho… Changmin…"
"Thank you. I… We… love and miss you."



Yunho and Changmin froze on their spots as they heard what Jaejoong had to say to them. Without any uncertainty or hesitation, Yunho strides across the stage and closes the distance between him and Jaejoong; engulfing him in a hug, showering him with all the love and adoration that he's bottled up ever since the group's separation. Changmin, on the other hand, grabs Yoochun and Junsu; holding them tightly before pulling Yunho and Jaejoong towards them, initiating a group hug, only separating from them when the backtrack of their song played for the encore.



"Under the same sky, dreaming the same dream"
"We are still searching for the W"
"We will always shine in the same shape"
"Keep in mind that I love you."



The five's hands are still clasped together as JYJ finishes singing the encore of their winning song, W. Catcalls and screams can be heard from offstage as the audience— filled with Cassiopeia, of course— and their fellow idols cheer for the unexpected reunion of the Gods.



"I love you too, Jaejoong-ah."
"Yah! Yunho-hyung, only Jaejoong-hyung?"
“Oh. What about SM? Changmin-ah?”
“We're all together now. It'll be fine.”
“Always keep the faith, right?”