Chapter 10: The Yellow Robin

Turn Back The Time

“You want us to what?” Yeri asked again to double confirm on what she just heard.

“You heard me.” said Jisoo.

“Yeah I heard you but I don’t trust you.” Replied Yeri.

“It’s an order from Seulgi.”

“Here I thought you were the General daughter but you have to listen to Seulgi?”

“I’m just the general’s daughter not the general.” Jisoo replied.

The duo had a stare down contest and Youi scoot closer to Lisa to ask the latter about what’s going on between the two.

“No idea.” Replied Lisa.

“I sense some hostility coming from both of them.” Said Youi.

“Me too…”

“Do you want to go to know if they got together or not now is the chance.” Said Jennie to the duo.

“Jendeukie is right.” Jisoo feels proud that someone finally defend her.

“How do you expect us to spy on them?”

“They are your mothers! You think of a way how!” Jisoo raises her voice at Yeri.

“Yah!! Kim Jisoo!”

“Yah!! Son Yeri!!”

“Enough both of you!” Jennie shouted at them and drag Jisoo away from the latter “Kim Jisoo what is wrong with you arguing with a kid?” Jennie ask.

“She started it!”

“That’s enough, kids follow me.” Lisa instructs Youi and Yeri. The sisters follow Lisa and Yeri looks back one last time to Jisoo and

Jennie glares at Jisoo and gently smack the older girl on the shoulder “Unnie, they are just kids!”

“That Yeri kid irk me!” Jisoo replied.

“She kinda remind Jisoo unnie of Lisa…” Rosé adds in.

Jisoo gasps and nods enthusiastically “Yes Chaeng! You are right! She reminds me of Lisa!”

***

“Okay girls, plug in this in your ear and we will be able to contact you but don’t made it obvious or Wendy will find out. Then can you take off one of your shirt button?”

“My my button?” Youi stammers while asking.

“Yup, oh no Youi! Don’t misunderstand me, I just need to replace your button with this button. This is Rosé greatest invention, it’s the world smallest spy camera! We haven’t tested it out, so now will be the greatest opportunity to try this out~”

After listening to Lisa’s explanation, Youi takes off one of the button and Lisa sew the new button on her shirt.

“Okay done~  Good luck girls! On your first spy mission!”

“Wait, wait, what do you expect us to do?” Yeri asked Lisa.

“You just need to follow them around, don’t make it obvious and disguise yourself. Jennie will bring you to the prop room, where you can choose your disguise.”

The moment Lisa finishes explaining, Jennie join them and both Lisa and Jennie exchange knowing look. Jennie turns to the siblings “Okay girls, follow me.”

***

Irene is nervous and she doesn’t understand why she is nervous. She had never been nervous like this around Wendy, but this is the first time that Wendy invited her to her house. Wendy parked her car at the car porch. Wendy goes to open Irene’s door because she’s a gentle woman.

“Thanks…”

Wendy opens the door and invites Irene in. Irene’s house is way bigger than Wendy’s house but her house feels empty. Wendy’s house however, feels so lively. Everything is kept simple and minimal.

“Make yourself at home, I’ll go get change, you can wait for me at the living room.” said Wendy and she let go of Irene’s hand.

Irene makes her way to the living room, there was a big TV and above it is Wendy’s family portrait. There is a book case next to the TV cabinet, the photo album catches Irene’s eyes so she takes and flip through it. Irene giggles when she sees Wendy’s baby photo. The girl’s face had not change since her baby years.

Irene notices how beautiful Wendy looks in her teenage years. Flipping through the album makes Irene realized that there’s a lot of Wendy’s side that she didn’t know. She wanted to know Wendy better because they are going to spend most of their live together in a few months. Irene suddenly thinks about her life after their marriage, will she be a good wife to Wendy? She hardly knows how to cook anything except for kimchi fried rice, but she likes to clean. Irene blushes when she realized what she is thinking about.

“Okay, I’m fresh and clean~ let’s go.” Wendy’s voice made Irene startled and she dropped the album in her hand.

Wendy chuckles at Irene’s surprised expression. Wendy approaches her and pick up the album “Sorry I made you startled.” Said Wendy.

“No, it’s okay.”

“I see you’re flipping through my family album?”

“Sorry, I shouldn’t…”

“No, because sooner or later all this will belong to you too…” said Wendy with a wink and it makes Irene’s heart weak.

Wendy leans forward and Irene got panic, Irene takes a steps back as Wendy closes their gap. Irene’s couldn’t back up any longer when she stumbles to the book case. She anticipated Wendy’s advance but was disappointed when she heard Wendy’s giggle. She opens her eyes and sees Wendy staring down at her.

“Did you think I was going to kiss you?” Wendy teases her, and then Irene realized that Wendy was just trying to put the album back in the book case.

“Well you should just ask me to put it back for you!”

Wendy pins Irene against the book case and it makes Irene’s heart beat wild. Wendy leans down and whisper to Irene “How about we just stay here at home?”

Irene couldn’t resist Wendy’s charm any longer and she leans in to claim Wendy’s lips. Wendy’s cups Irene’s face as they deepened the kiss. Wendy would like to compliments herself because even though she just had her first kiss a few days ago but seeing how she is taking the leads now made the girl so proud of herself.

They move from the book case to the couch and it was Irene who straddling Wendy. Moans and pants were exchange and the situation gets steamy. Irene’s hand roams around Wendy’s body and when she put too much pressures on Wendy’s injury, Wendy yelps in pain.

“Oh my God! I’m sorry!!” said Irene and she backs away, she looks down on Wendy to see if the girl is okay.

“It’s okay. Just don’t put too much pressure on it.” Said Wendy.

Irene couldn’t stop but to frown as she is worried that she will hurt Wendy again. Wendy smiles and she pulls Irene closers. “Let just cuddle like this okay?” said Wendy. Irene nods and she rested her head on Wendy’s chest, listening to Wendy’s irregular heartbeat.

Wendy rested her chin on top of Irene’s head and she asks “Can you hear my heartbeat?”

“Yes…I think you need to get your heart check.” Said Irene jokingly.

“You’re the doctor here.” Said Wendy “I don’t think I need any medication for it because my only medication is you.”

Irene laughs at Wendy’s cheesy pick up line and she tilts up her head to meet with Wendy’s eyes “Why didn’t we do this from the start…”

“Because you were so intimidated, I was scared of you when we first met.” Replied Wendy.

“Really?”

“Yes…”

Irene gets off Wendy’s lap and sits next to her, she wraps Wendy’s arm around her shoulder and stares up to Wendy’s eyes “Tell me, what is your first impression when you met me?” Irene asked.

“What is this? An interview?”

“Hmm…we’re going to be wife and wife in a few months, I think it is okay for me trying to get to know my wife better.” Said Irene.

Wendy smiles and she pulls Irene closer, she admitted that she likes cuddling with Irene. She thinks she is addicted to this closeness with Irene, especially Irene’s warmth. “Honestly, I was scared of you but at the same I couldn’t fight the fact that you look like an angel when I first saw you. I know I’ve seen your face everywhere, in the news, magazine and TV but nothing compares to seeing you in real life. When I sees you that night, I think my heart really stop. When our fathers told us that they want us to get married I was happy but I was scared if you were against the idea. Then when we both confessed our feelings the other day, I was relieved that you actually like little old me. I mean you could have chosen anyone you want, you’re beautiful, you got brain. When I saw you with Eunjung this morning, I got a little jealous and I’m sorry.”

Irene couldn’t have but to smile when Wendy admitted that she was jealous, well now she at least feels secure that Wendy admitted her feelings.

“How about you? What is your first impression of me?” Wendy throws the question back at Irene.

“Well, I find you’re cute. I still can’t believe that you came to the gala that night wearing your work clothes, but since you’re cute I forgave you. To be honest, the engagement feels kinda force between us. We both don’t know anything about each other. But I did read about your research and found out how brilliant you are. I’m sorry but I did stalk you for a month after our father announced our engagement.” Irene stops awhile to look at Wendy’s reaction and she guesses right when she sees Wendy is frowning. Irene bites her lower lip and apologizes but Wendy only kisses her,

“So you’re telling me, you have stalking tendency huh?”

“A little…” Irene replies with a shrug.

“And you like to do things without people’s permission huh? Like conducting DNA testing without my consent?”

Irene sighs and she rolls her eyes “I know I was a fault for doing that test without asking for your permission. Look, let’s forget about it, I won’t ask anything anymore about those kids. Though one of the kid resembles you a lot Wendy.”

“Hmmm…so are you going to say that one of my parents have an illegitimate child?”

“No! Wendy! I am not trying to accuse my parents in law. I’m just curious about her DNA…there’s a special component in her DNA that is not found in human being…”

A Memory surge into Wendy’s head when she heard about Irene mentioning Youi’s DNA.

Memory from the future (The day they decided to have Youi)

“Yeri…”

“Mmm?”

“Do you want to have a sister?” Irene asked her daughter as she tucks her in her bed.

“I want!!” Yeri squeal excitedly.

“Then we should ask Mom Wen if she wants to give you a sister~”

“I heard what you said!” said Wendy as she comes from the other room.

“Mom~~ I want a swister~” Yeri begs to Wendy with her pouty face.

Wendy joins them in Yeri’s tiny bed “Hmmm…having a little sister means you have a bigger responsibility as an older sister, can you do it?”

Yeri nods excitedly “En!! I can be a good big sister!!” she replied.

Wendy kisses Yeri on her cheeks and wishes her good night “Go to sleep Yeri~ tomorrow we go to the park again okay?”

Yeri pouted when Wendy avoided her question regarding having a younger sister for her. Yeri turns to Irene with her pouty face and Irene smiles at her “Mommy will talk to your mom okay?” said Irene softly.

Yeri nods and she kisses Irene on the cheeks. Irene pulls up the blanket for Yeri and she turns on the wall light for Yeri before leaving the room.

Irene joins her wife into their bedroom. Wendy was getting ready for bed and Irene hugs her from behind.

“What do you want?” Wendy asked her wife as she turns around to hug her wife.

“About Yeri’s request….”

“Yeah?”

“Why don’t we grant her wish?”

“Hmmm, I’m okay with us adopting another one.” Said Wendy.

Irene shakes her head and put her arms on Wendy’s shoulder “What if…we conceived our own child?” Irene suggested.

Wendy looks at Irene with a frown “What?”

“You know my research worked right?”

“You know you almost die because of that research, and I am not letting you get into it again! You know I love you right? I want us to have our own children too but not this way Irene.”

“Wendy…”

“We are not talking about this okay? That memories still fresh in my mind…on how they had you and you were pronounced dead but luckily we were able to brought you back to life! I am not losing you again!”

“Wendy!!”

“What?”

“I found the cure for those 3 kids…”

“What? But…what it has to do with us conceiving child out of the law of nature?” Wendy questions back.

 

“I don’t know if it’s going to work or not, so the only way that I can think of is test it on my own child…in my womb, just like what our company had done to all those pregnant women…”

“No…babe…no…I won’t allow that to happen!” Wendy protested.

“Wendy…” Irene calls out her wife name with tears in her eyes.

“I felt guilty for what I have done…I just want those kids to have a normal life…if…if we can successfully cure the mutate genes inside their DNA, we can extract the traits from their DNA…”

“But testing it on our own child Irene? What if we failed? It could put yours and the baby’s life in danger!”

“It’s the risk that I am willing to take!”

Wendy was speechless, she holds Irene in her embrace, resting her chin on her wife’s head, she was thinking. She knows how the event had her wife scar and Irene had never get pass the trauma. Every night Irene will toss and turns because of the nightmare she has. Wendy feels guilty too that she wasn’t able to stop the event from happening even. She should have confronted Irene earlier and revealed herself instead of letting T-ARA control Irene.

Wendy wants to end Irene’s suffering and even if it’s going to take a toll on her body. She decided that she will carry the embryo in her.

“Let’s have a baby then, but let me carry the embryo.” Said Wendy.

Irene looks up to meet with her wife’s eyes “Wendy?”

“I have the chemical strain in me, I should be able to withstand whatever complications that the pregnancy going to put me through.” Said Wendy with a smile.

End of Memory

“Wendy?” Irene calls for her fiancée’s name when the woman lost in her thought.

“Ugh, I was having a flashback.” Replied Wendy with a lie.

“What if…” Wendy was interrupted by Yeri and Youi’s voice when the duo barge in the house.

“We’re home~~”

The two sisters acted like they are frozen when they see Irene in the room with Wendy.

“Oh, I didn’t know that you are bringing guest over~” Yeri lied and Youi couldn't help but to frown at Yeri's stiff acting.

“Oh…ugh…it’s” Wendy is flustered because she doesn’t know how to react with her kids in the same room with her and she was in intimated pose with their mother. It feels like your kids just walk in on you when you are having with your wife.

“Hi, how is your wound Youi?” Irene asked the girl as she tries to save herself and Wendy from embarrassment.

“Oh, I’m completely healed.” Youi replied with a smile. A strange feeling arises inside of Irene’s head when she looks Youi in her eyes. It was the first time that she really looks into the girl’s eyes. They are bright brown, and it kind of reminds her of her own eyes.

“If you two are busy, we will leave and come back later on.” Said Yeri.

“Oh! No no! We aren’t doing anything…at all!” Wendy answered in panic tone. Yeri doesn’t know if she can hang onto acting oblivious and put on her poker face because Wendy’s panic reaction is too funny for her to handle.

“Erh…Yeri! How is your leg and your shoulder?” Wendy asks as she tries to change to topic.

“Good, I’ve already eaten my painkiller so I am fine~”

“She injured her leg?” Irene interrupts when she heard Wendy and Yeri’s conversation.

***

Arrow HQ

“Ah shiet! There goes our Wendy, the stupid unfiltered, didn’t fully utilize her high IQ to avoid unnecessary question from her curious like a cat fiancée!!” Jisoo complained as she listens and monitored Wendy from the camera that Youi put on as her button.

“Jisoo…why are we here watching Wendy?” Jennie asked.

“We need to watch this! I mean this is basically her first time being in love, so we just want to see how she act around Irene without us around.” Replied Seulgi.

Jennie frowns as she sees Seulgi and Joy walks in with popcorn in hand “I thought Wendy ask you to recruit people to decode and research on the sample they took in the lab?”

“Done~ they already working on it.” Said Seulgi.

“How many did you recruit?” Rosé asked as she makes her way toward joy.

“After we filtered through, only 4 of them were chosen, we recruited the top student of the biological science and research facility~ currently Ryujin is there to help them too.” Joy explained.

“Oh…I see.”

“Can I have some popcorn Joy unnie?” Rosé begs Joy with her puppy eyes.

Joy happily offer her some “Sure, let’s share.”

Jennie sighs as she watches her friends being a creep watching over their leader’s personal life.

***

“Ah…yeah…I injured my leg last night when…”

“When she trying on the new product that Wendy currently developing!!” Youi quickly finishes Yeri’s sentences because she is afraid her older sister will spilt too much to Irene.

Yeri’s mouth open wide as she realized what she almost did. She is comfortable around her mothers and she usually not the secretive type even to Joy and Seulgi in the future. She wears her heart on her sleeve and whenever she has problems, she would just tell her adoptive parents about it. It is just a habit of hers, and now when her mothers are standing in front of her, she realized the danger of her blunt habit. She almost spilt Wendy’s secret.

“You let intern test out your new weapon?” Irene questions Wendy.

“Well…the others went home early, so…Yeri kind of volunteered herself.”

“Yeah yeah.” Yeri agreed to Wendy’s statement.

“You need to be careful around Wendy, kid. Experimenting the weapon with someone inexperience like you kids, will lead to a disaster…”

“You tested your drug on Ryujin.” Wendy retaliate.

“She volunteered.”

“Same case with Yeri.” Replied Wendy.

Youi and Yeri can feel that the situation gets tense so Yeri pinched Youi which made Youi yelps.

“Youi you okay?” Irene and Wendy both turns to Youi.

“Uh…I’m…” Youi turns to Yeri for help and Yeri quickly answers for Youi “She’s hungry!”

Wendy and Irene exchanges look and then they laugh “Yeah….me too Wendy. I hadn’t had my breakfast and my lunch.” Said Irene.

Wendy pulls up her sleeves and goes to the kitchen “Irene looks like we have to cancel our date again, let me cook for you girls tonight.” Said Wendy.

“Let’s make it a double date then.” Irene replies “I mean we can pretend that we’re having a date here. Yeri and Youi can be a couple for tonight right?” Irene asks as she turns to Yeri and Youi.

The thought of having your sister as your date makes the siblings nauseate, but they bear it for the sake of their mothers. Youi stomps on Yeri’s foot to ask her to reply Irene’s question.

“Ugh, sure…why not.” Yeri replied forcefully.

“Are you sure about this Irene?”

“Yeah, why not, beside I can get to know your interns too, there must be a good reason why you are so attached and protective of these two.” Said Irene.

Wendy knew that Irene is still having distrust issue around Yeri and Youi, she probably thinks that there is something going on between the three of them that is why Irene wanted to stay and observe. But Wendy is fine with it at least it shows that Irene cares for her. However, it makes Wendy wanted to tell Irene that those two are their children from the future to stop Irene’s jealousy.

“I’ll cook us dinner, spaghetti sounds good?” Wendy asks.

“Uuu~ I love spaghetti!” said Yeri excitedly.

Wendy can see that the innocent little Yeri still exist in this Yeri, but her memories of the grim future that she gained from Yves scared her. That version of Yeri is scary, her eyes are dulled, it full of hatred and vengeance. Wendy then turns to Youi, she wanted to hug the kid so much because of what she did to her.

“I’ll help you cook.” Irene offers her help but Wendy rejected it said that she is the host of the house and the others are the guests so she will cook for them.

“Why don’t you three go and discuss and get to know each other?” said Wendy and she pushes them out from her kitchen.

The three of them stand in the hallway awkwardly, things didn’t start off right for the three of them when they first met. Irene is still curious about Youi and she doesn’t trust them and then things gone worst when Wendy being super protective of the duo.

“So…how did you two get into Son Consolidated?” asks Irene as she tries to melt the ice.

***

“Oh no! Wendy didn’t teach them what to say if they were asked this question!” Said Seulgi.

“Well tell them what to answer, I told them to wear the ear piece too.” Said Lisa.

***

“Yeri, Youi, can you hear me? If you can hear me just nod your head.”

Yeri and Youi nod their head and Irene looks at them weirdly “Why a nod?” Irene asks.

“Tell her that you two were recruited by me, and I suggested you two to Wendy because I see the potential of you two especially in the weapon testing department.”

“Uh, it was Seulgi who recruited us and she suggested us to Wendy.” Said Yeri.

“Oh…and your relation to Seulgi?”

“Seulgi recruited us from the orphanage.” Youi replied and Yeri looks at Youi when Youi reply without instruction from Seulgi.

“Wait Youi, that…” Youi cuts off the connection before Seulgi could finish her sentence by tapping on her ear. Yeri was shock at what Youi is doing but when she looks into Youi’s eyes, she understands immediately. Yeri knows that Youi is trying to hint Irene subtlety without exposing their identity.

“Both of you were orphanage?” Irene asks.

“Yes…my parents abandoned me when I was still a baby.”

The situation got a little tense after Youi’s answer, Yeri jumps in trying to cheer up the atmosphere “Well, but they left you a note to say that they were sorry for what they did, didn’t they?”

“They did…oh well, I forgive them.” Said Youi with a smile, and somehow her words touches Irene’s heart. Irene feels relieve for one moment when Youi said she forgive her parents and she doesn’t know why she felt like that.

Wendy comes out from the kitchen with two plates of spaghetti in her hands “Dinner is ready! Yeri can you help me set up the dining table?”

Yeri quickly goes to help Wendy set up the dining table while leaving Irene and Youi at the living room.

Youi gets up from the coach and when she was going to take a step to the dining room and help Wendy and Yeri, Irene stops her.

“Youi.”

“Hmm?”

“Your eyes when you’re telling me that you’ve forgive your parents…they…sparkling…did you managed to find your parents and meet them? I know I shouldn’t ask you this, but…everything about you intrigues me.”

Youi smiles and Irene cannot shake away the thought that Youi looks too much like Wendy.

“I did meet them, a few days ago…and I’m happy that they are well. Everything happened for a reason, I know why they abandoned me. They just want to keep me safe. So I understand.”

“You’re a good kid, let’s start this all over okay? Let’s be friend.” Irene said and she offers Youi a handshake.

Youi was surprise at the sudden change of attitude from Irene but she accepts the handshake. Youi wanted to tell Irene that she is her daughter so much, but she doesn’t want to freak Irene out and she promised to keep her identity a secret.

“Irene, Youi, let’s have dinner!”

Youi said she wanted to get change first and she goes to the room that she shares with Yeri. Wendy had given them clothes to wear, Wendy apologized that she had to give them the clothes that she hardly wears, as they gotten no time to go for shopping yet.

Youi enter the rooms and double tap on her ears to reconnect the in-ear pieces.

“Seulgi, I’m sorry that I cut you off. I’m sorry but I gotta remove this in-ear piece and this button camera.”

“I understand.”

Yeri takes off the button and the in-ear piece and change to something more casual. She noticed that the clean folded Robin suit on her bed and noticed the photo that was put on top of the suit. It was her family photo, the only one that she has of her parents. She turns the photo around and sees the note that Wendy wrote ‘Cherish’. Unknowingly tears flowing down her cheeks, she wipes it and startled when she heard a knock on the door.

“Youi?”

“Oh mom…you washed this for me? Thanks.”

“Yeah…and I found that photo in your pocket.”

“Thanks, I thought I lost it.”

“Come let’s have dinner…now that you have your mother here, I think you can try to bond with her.”

“Yeah.”

Youi puts away her suits and put the photo near the night stand. She follows Wendy to the dining room and was surprised when Yeri and Wendy shouted ‘Surprise’. There is a cake on the middle of the table.

“I know it was a little late to wish you a happy birthday since it’s already past your birthday. It was Yeri’s idea to celebrate your birthday and we were planning to do the surprise yesterday but since ugh, Yeri injured herself during the weapon testing, we couldn’t. So, Irene…” Wendy pauses and she turns to Irene “I’m sorry that we had to drag you in too without warning you, but hope you don’t mind we celebrate Youi’s birthday tonight.”

“I’m okay with it…how old are you Youi?” Irene asks, but her smiling face turn to frowns when she notices that Youi is crying.

Yeri and Wendy rush to Youi’s side to check on her “Youi, are you okay?”

“I…I never had anyone…celebrate my birthday for me before…18 years of my life…this is…the first time…” Youi said in between hiccup.

Irene’s heart tightened when she heard Youi’s confession, she feels bad that she had judged Youi before. Youi is just a kid but Irene had been hard on her to the point she actually accuses Youi and Wendy before. Irene picks up the cake and walks toward Youi while singing happy birthday.

Wendy is surprise at Irene’s action, but she joins in to sing a happy birthday song with her. Yeri is standing beside Youi to comfort her.

“Youi make a wish.” Said Wendy.

Youi wipes away her tears and shakes her head “I think my wish already come true.” Said Youi and she blows the candle.

Yeri and Wendy claps and cheers for Youi. Yeri pulls Youi into a hug and gently whispers “I am sorry that I treated you bad when we first met. From now on, you can count on me as your older sister.”

Youi smiles and she hugs Yeri even tighter, she then let go and faces her mothers. Wendy hugs Youi tightly “You will always be my beloved daughter.” Whispered Wendy softly into Youi’s ear.

Youi wipes away her tears and she tries to restraint herself from hugging Irene. She takes the cake from Irene and thanked her. Yeri takes the cream from the cake and smear it on Youi’s face which causes Youi to almost drop the cake, but luckily Wendy manage to catch the cake. Youi retaliate and tries to wipe the cream on her face onto Yeri. Yeri runs away from Youi and Youi chases after her with the cream on her hand.

“Yah! No running in the house!” Wendy scolds her daughters.

Irene is fascinated by their dynamic and she couldn’t help but to laugh at their antic. Youi and Yeri were like children running away from their scary mother Wendy. One day she is going to have a child of her own with Wendy, and this is probably the situation that they are going to face every day.

***

Wendy is washing the dishes in the kitchen while Youi and Yeri were sitting at the patio looking at the stars. Irene helps to tidy up the dining table and send all the dirty dishes to the kitchen to be wash by Wendy.

“Thanks for dinner Wendy, you’re a good cook.”

“Glad you like it, but you know what?”

“What?”

“After we got married, I can cook for you every day.” Said Wendy and it send Irene blushes red like a tomato.

“I would like that.” Irene replied.

The two goes quiet after the exchange, Irene offers to help wiping the plates dry with the kitchen towel, but Wendy said she is a guest so she doesn’t need to help. Irene pouts and she crossed her arms as she leans her back on the kitchen cabinet while watching Wendy washing the dishes.

“You really do care about those kids huh?” Irene asks.

“You mean Youi and Yeri?”

“Yes.”

“They…are special, but don’t you worry Irene, they are like a family to me, I don’t have any romantic feelings toward them.” Wendy said and she thought to herself “They are our kids Irene ah! Of course I won’t have special feelings for them!”

“I don’t know Wendy, maybe you are right, there is something special about them, especially that Youi…she intrigues me and attracted my attention.”

“You are not falling in love with her right?” Wendy teases Irene.

“No! It’s certainly is not that kind of feeling!” Irene defends herself.

“I’m just joking. Anyway, why don’t you stay back for tonight?”

“I don’t have any clothes to change into.”

“You can borrow mine.” Said Wendy with a wink and Irene blushes even harder.

***

Ryujin & Lia’s House

Ryujin is tired and her eyes are burning from staring at the computer for too long. She was called by Joy to help with decoding the files that Wendy retrieve from the Bae’s lab facility. Joy told her that the data isn't complete but with Ryujin's knowledge in the chemicals and biology, she believes Ryujin can finish the incomplete data. Since Ryujin is no longer working in the Son Consolidated anymore, she decided to just take back the data home.

Lia knew about Ryujin’s involvement with the Robin but she doesn’t know who Robin is. Lia promised that she will keep it a secret from Irene. Lia also know the reason why Ryujin is doing this, so supported her girlfriend.

“Ryujin, I made coffee…” said Lia when she knocks on the door of Ryujin’s study room.

“Ryujin?” Lia calls for her girlfriend when she didn’t response to her calling.

“This is not just genetics research, Youi was telling the truth, they are conducting genetic modification…” Ryujin gasps in horror.

“Ryujinie…”

“Lia why didn’t you tell me what the research is about?! How many people they have experimenting on?!”

“It’s confidential Jinnie, I can’t let you know!”

“You can’t let me know?! Do you know what is this?!” Ryujin throws the paper that she printed to Lia.

“You were once a medical student yourself Lia! How the hell can’t you see what your boss is doing? How the hell can’t she tell that there is something wrong with the research?! Look at those numbers! They are extracting human’s trait and combining it with animal like trait, Genetics research if it’s done for the sake of enhancing human’s ability to fight against viruses as the T-ARA had claim, I don’t mind it, but this?” Ryujin pauses as she stares at her girlfriend with a frown “This is inhumane thing to do Lia.”

Lia picks up the paper and read the reports, she gasps “No Ryujin, this isn’t in the contract that we signed with T-ARA. In the contract they clearly stated that they are using our facility to conduct research on how to enhance the human gene in order for us to fend off all the deadly diseases in this world! Irene doesn’t know anything about it because she isn’t the one who monitored the process. T-ARA only allowed their members to come in and go that lab. Only recently that they required your sister’s help!”

“This means T-ARA is using our facility…we have to warn unnie!”

Lia grabs Ryujin on the arms and says “No, if you warn Irene, she will know your involvement with Robin!”

Ryujin is mad that Lia is right, she can’t blow her cover as Robin’s spy. She still grabs all of her stuff and shove it in her bag pack.

“Ryujin where are you going?”

“I need to meet with W…Robin and show her this…” said Ryujin as she walks out from the room.

“Ryujinie!!”

***

Arrow HQ

The arrow HQ is located at an old abandoned army camp base that were no longer use. Wendy bought the place when she established the Arrow Squad. Since it used to be the army based, no enemy can detect the place in any map.

Seulgi was just finishes her training and was the last one to leave the building but she stops when she sees a car coming. She sees a figure propping out her head from the car window and waves at her.

“Unnie!”

“Ryujin?”

***

“You need to see the sample? Our interns are still working on it.”

“Unnie, the T-ARA group are conducting genetic modifications, what Youi told us is true after all…the government is trying to create super soldier that is genetically modified.”

“And Irene didn’t know all of this happen? Shouldn’t she be facilitating their research?”

“I got no time to explain to you one by one unnie…I need to see the sample.”

“Okay, fine, let’s go to Wendy’s company.” Said Seulgi and they both headed to their own cars.

***

Wendy House

Everyone in the house has fallen asleep except Irene. Irene was a little disappointed when Wendy goes direct to bed. She was anticipating something to happen now that she and Wendy were in the same room, sharing the same bed.

Irene turns her head to Wendy’s direction to watch the woman that she is going to marry soon sleep soundly. Her breath is steady and Irene couldn’t help but to find how cute Wendy looks. She was feeling a little thirsty so she gets up from the bed and goes to the kitchen.

Irene open the fridge and pour herself a cup of water. Suddenly, someone covers from behind, she tries to screams but that person completely muffles her voice. Irene tries to turn and catch a glimpse of the person and she sees Robin.  Irene’s eyes widened but the chloroform that Robin used on her start to take effect and she passed out in second.

Wendy woken up to the loud noise outside and when she sees that Irene wasn’t beside her she goes out to find her, but she was too late. She saw a figure wearing her Robin suit carry Irene out through the broken window.

“IRENE!!”

Wendy chases after that figure but it was that figure is too fast. She managed to stick the tracking device on the figure. She goes back to her house and open the secret passage to her secret lair and put on her arrow suits. She takes her bow and arrow with her.

***

After half an hour of high speed chasing, Wendy on her motorcycle and the fake Robin in her sport car, the figure who wore like Robin finally stops at the most crowded place in the middle of the city. Everyone is surprise to see Robin reveal herself in the crowded place. Normally Robin will do her work in silent. The fake robin drag Irene out from her vehicle. Wendy reaches the crowded place too and everyone act even surprise to see there are two Robins. Some of the crowd runs away in panic as some tries to get close to the two robin as possible. Some even takes out their camera and begins snapping photo of them.

“Stand back!!” Wendy warns the crowds “Don’t get too close! Stay back!!”

“Oh my god 2 Robins?”

“I think the one over there is the fake one!”

“OMG Robin we love you!”

“Robin!!”

“Which one is the real Robin?!”

“Stand back!!!” Wendy warns the pedestrians again.

“Behold citizen of K-City! Your beloved Robin is here.” Said the fake Robin.

Wendy pulls her arrow and aim it at the fake Robin “Who are you?!” she shouted.

“Who am I? I am you, and I think you know who am I.” The fake Robin replied. Wendy instantly recognize the voice. The fake Robin put Irene down gently on the ground and she approached Wendy. Wendy tightened her grip on her arrow but the fake Robin’s inhuman speed surprises her. The second she knows the fake Robin is already beside her with her hand on her shoulder.

“We’ve met last night.” The fake one whispers in Wendy’s ear.

“Eunjung…” Wendy’s eyes widened when she finally recognizes the eyes that she wouldn’t forget.

“Wendy Son…” Eunjung whispers back.

“Why do you have my suit?! I’m the one you want not her. Let her go.”

“Your suit is easy to replicate, now your wife is going to think that Robin kidnap her, the more she is going to hate Robin and when she learns the truth about Robin’s identity, what will her reaction be?” Eunjung laughs out manically.

“Is this what you want? To plant hatred seed inside Irene?” Wendy questioned her.

“Oh no Robin, this isn’t what I want. She already hated Robin, I don’t have to plant anything in her, I just added fuel into the fire in her heart. When I learnt about your identity, I did a few research on you. You steal from the rich and give it to the poor? Why don’t you steal from yourself? You are filthy rich yourself. You know, I am sick and tired of you trying to stop the government project. Can’t you see we’re doing all this for the sake of the people? Your family business supply weaponry and machinery to the government that you hated so much.” Said Eunjung and she walks back to where Irene is.

She pulls out a gun and pointed it at Irene’s head “And here you are, wearing that blue suit pretending that you’re the hero this city need, but in real life you are the greatest threat to all of this citizen! Reveal yourself Robin.” Said Eunjung as she puts her hand on the trigger.

“Eunjung no!!”

“If you want her to live, reveal yourself Robin!”

Wendy frozen, she doesn’t want to reveal herself and let her identity away, especially with such crowds.

“I know who you are Robin, there’s no point in hiding your identity from me, so I want you to reveal yourself to these people!”

“I can’t.”

“Well then say good bye to your beloved….” Eunjung pauses and she pulls the trigger.

“NOOOOOO!!!”

A yellow arrow destroyed Eunjung gun and injured Eunjung’s hand. The sudden appearance of the yellow arrow surprises everyone around. The crowds are screaming and they panic running. Wendy looks up and she sees Youi, donning her yellow Robin suit. Wendy couldn’t hide her grins as she is proud of her daughter.

“Look over there! It’s another Robin?”

“She had yellow arrow!”

Eunjung hissed and she hides her injured hand behind her. she looks up to Youi who is standing on top of the lamppost.

“I see the brat has return have you learn how to keep your emotion control?!” Eunjung shouted at Youi.

“She’s not a brat. She is my daughter!” Wendy turns back to Eunjung and she shoots her arrow toward Eunjung. It hits Eunjung on the shoulder but the latter didn’t scream in pain. Electric spark can be seen at the place where the arrow hit. Wendy then realized that Eunjung had created a robot that resembled her.

“We are not done yet…Robin. I will come back for you.” The robot Eunjung said before it set itself on self-destructs mode. Wendy notices that the robot is going to self-destruct, she turns to the crowd and shouts at them “TAKE COVER!!!” and everyone start to run away in panic.

 “Self-destruct activated, countdown to self-destruct in 10…”

“Bye bye Wendy…” said Eunjung the last time before she deactivates her connection to the robot.

“9”

Wendy runs toward the robot and pushes it as far as she could. Youi jumps down from the lamp post and she tries to reach for her mothers.

“Youi! Grab your mother and take cover!!!” Wendy screams at Youi.

“8”

Youi picks Irene up and she runs as fast as she can but she couldn’t help herself but to glance back to see Wendy.

“7”

Wendy pushes the robot with all her might toward the middle of the road where there is less people there.

Youi managed to run to a safe zone, Yeri comes out from the car and Youi passes her Irene. Youi’s heart beat fast, everything around her goes slow motion as she watches her mom struggles alone trying to pushes the robot as far as she can.

“6”

“MOM!!” she screams for her mom.

“5”

“Youi!! Yeri!! Run!!”

Youi looks at Yeri and she gives Yeri a knowing look and Yeri doesn’t like that look “Youi, what are thinking of doing?!”

“3”

“Saving our mother!” Youi yells and she runs toward Wendy’s direction.

“No! Youi! You’re not gonna make it! She’s too far away from us!”

Youi ignores Yeri and runs toward Wendy. She can feel her blood pumping through her vein and her she can feel that she is running faster, her leg muscle expands and everything around her stops. She looks around and she realized that it didn’t stop they just move slower. She manages to reach Wendy and pulls Wendy away from the robot.

“2”

“1”

The robot exploded and the explosion impacts sends the mother and daughter fly away toward opposite direction. Yeri watch in horror as the flame from the explosion engulf everything around it.

“NOOO!!” Yeri screams.

Wendy was flung toward the other side of the road while Youi got flung toward the nearby building. Wendy looks around and sees a lot of citizen got injured from the impact. Her ears are ringing, but she can hear people screaming and crying. She tries to look for Youi and saw her at the other side of the road.

“Youi…” she calls out but she can’t even hear her own voice. Her head stings and she touches it and it is bleeding.

After the smoke and fire clears away, Yeri finally able to see that her mother and sister are still alive. She sees Youi is struggling to get up and Wendy is laying on the floor in pain. Yeri carries Irene back inside the car and gently lay her down at the back seat. She closes the door and she runs toward the Youi first.

“Youi!!”

“Go…to…mom…” said Youi while gasping for some air.

Yeri nods and she runs toward Wendy “Mom…are you okay? Mom??”

“Youi…and Irene…”

“They are fine…”

Wendy slowly gets up and her hearing return gradually, she looks around and sees a lot of damage had been done but no one dies. Some are badly injured. Yeri helps Wendy to get up and Yeri helps Wendy to dust off. Wendy turns to her daughter and says “Yeri, take your mother and Youi home, I need to clean this mess.”

“But mom…”

“I will be okay, just take them back home.”

Yeri nods and she runs toward Youi to help her sister. “Youi, we gotta go.”

“Mom…”

“Mom said she needs to clean this mess up. We need to go, and take off your suits, put it in the trunk, we don’t want Irene to wake up and sees you wearing Robin suit, you know she hates Robin.”

Youi tries to take off her suits but she yelps in pain when she tries to move her arm. Yeri notices it “Did you hurt your arm?”

“I think I broke it…” said Youi as she pants.

Yeri helps her sister to take off the suits and she asks Youi to go to the car first while she goes and get her arrows and bow. Youi limps toward the car, she turns back to look at Wendy and Wendy shoos her away.

Yeri bypass Youi and opens up the trunk, she opens up the secret compartment and throws the suit, bow and arrows in. then she turns to Youi and helps her sister to walk faster to the car. Youi sits next to Yeri and she looks back to check on Irene.

“Is she going to be okay?” Youi asks.

“She should be fine, just need to wait for the chloroform effect to fade away.” Yeri replied.

The two sister heard the noises at Wendy house earlier and when they saw Wendy speed away with her motorcycle and in her Robin suit, they knew that they have to follow their mother and they did. Yeri steps on the accelerator, leaving Wendy behind. Wendy watches as her daughters drive away but she couldn’t stop to notice how bad is Yeri’s driving skill.

“I need to train that kid how to drive properly.” She said to herself. Wendy turns around and watches the crowds panic and some are suffering from the bomb impact. She calls for backup and Jisoo answer.

“Yah, Son Seungwan, this better be good! You woke me up in the middle of the night! It’s freaking 1AM over here!”

“Jisoo…I need back up…”

“What happened Wendy? You sound weak and tired.”

“T-ARA happened…just send some back up to the 3rd Avenue…if Chaeyoung is with you wake her up too. Red Code…”

“You went on a fight with T-ARA without notifying us?!”

“Jisoo! There is no time to explain! Deploy back up now!! I need you, Lisa, Chaeyoung, Seulgi and Joy here now!” Wendy screams into her phone.

“Coming in 10.”

Wendy goes to her motorcycle and takes out a face mask and goggle. She puts on her face mask and goggle. Then she takes out cans of sleeping gas out from her waist pouch. She pulls the pin and throw the can everywhere.  One by one of the people around starts to fall on the ground as the gasses take effect. Wendy goes to the left over scrap of the robot and pulls out her arrow. She stomps on the robot when she sees it eyes still glow.

“Eat this Eunjung!” said Wendy as she completely destroys the robot’s head.

“They are not safe at that house anymore…” Wendy said to herself. She looks up to the sky and sigh and then the memories of when Youi runs toward her flashes before Wendy’s eyes.

“That speed…what the hell did Irene did to Youi in the future? That is not human speed.” she asks herself. Despite she has the memories from the future downloaded in her mind, but it’s all jumble around. It’s a mess in her brain right now. She remembers that Yves told her, when the future her came to meet her, she already created a time paradox and multiverse. The memories that she has in her mind now is probably altered or is different from what is going to happen in her timeline. Yves told Wendy to only remember the important things and delete those unimportant stuff from her memories but Wendy refuses.

***

T-ARA HQ

Eunjung smirks at the last footage that she sees before Wendy totally destroyed her robot. She gets up from her chair and goes to the window viewing the K-City from her 20th floor office. She can see the scene from her office because the flame of the explosion is illuminate the night sky.

“Wendy Son…who would’ve thought, the daughter or the weapon merchant is Robin. I will make you suffer Wendy, just like how you make me suffer…no one can stop me from completing my goals. Irene will help me complete the formula…and then…” Eunjung pauses her monologue and she walks back to her desk. She picks up the only photo frame on her desk and caress it “We will be happy again Hyomin ah…”

 

To be continue…

Next chapter preview:

“Seulgi you don’t understand! You need to stop Irene from continuing the research. T-ARA is just using Irene to utilize our company facilities, and now Irene is clueless of what T-ARA are doing and she blindly trust that Eunjung! If Satan is a person that person would be Eunjung!” said Ryujin in frustration.

“Eunjung knows Wendy identity, and she’s already wipe away all of the evidence that we needed to take this case to the higher court! After the incident from last week, people don’t trust Robin anymore. We ambushed the laboratory, trying to prove to the citizen of the evil that our government are doing but it backfires! Now the BAE company is putting a bounty on us!” Jisoo yells out of frustration.

“There must be a way for us to prove Robin’s innocent!” said Lisa.

“We’re shutting down this mission. We’re shutting down Arrow Squad.” Seulgi said calmly.

“We’re not shutting it down!” Said Yeri.

“If Wendy can’t do it, we will do it in her stead.” Said Youi as she stands beside her sister.

A/N: Hi guys~ how is your MCO/lockdown? You know, yesterday I was getting excited for our prime minister to say that the MCO/lockdown is being lifted and I can get back my normal life, but sigh, it has been announced that the MCO is being extend for another 2 weeks. I hope my updates can entertain you guys during this whole lockdown/MCO time. Comment down below what do you think of this chapter~ and yes, Youi has superhuman strength/power, but how did she gets it? Answer is in the next chapter. It’s probably going to be a super long and confusing chapter, but everything will fit together in the end! Anyway click on this link HERE to see how much Youi actually resembles Irene and Wendy. I mean, I know in some angle she doesn’t look like WenRene but, just look at her in that video, dancing to her parents’ song! I think she does looks more like Irene than Wendy. I wonder if Irene is going to realized that in the next chapter?