Chapter 15: Time Skip

Turn Back The Time

Mr. Son rushes back to the house and reach for the phone. Wendy carries Irene to the house and she lays her down on the floor. Wendy tries to perform CPR on Irene when she realized that there are no pulse. Youi and Yeri panicked. If Irene died, the chances of them to exist, especially Youi will cease to zero. Youi look out and she sees that the cloud are getting dark and, Youi then look back to her mothers. “I’m not going to let you die, omma…” said Youi in her heart.

“Mom, I got an idea. I’m going to charge up, and then you will be the conductor transfer the kinetic energy to electricity and use it to defibrillate omma’s heart.”

Yeri who has been listening gasps and said that it is impossible for them to do it because if they do not know how much energy that they needed to resuscitate Irene, but Wendy ignore her and allow Youi to try it.

“But mom! If you miscalculate, then omma, will…”

“I believe in Youi.” Wendy cuts Yeri off before she could finish her words. Yeri stunned by Wendy’s reply. She clenches her knuckles and look away. Youi gets on her stance and when she see the lightning struck, she dashes in the speed of light and return back to the house within seconds. She touches Wendy on the shoulder and charges Wendy up with the kinetic energy that she gathered. When Youi touched Wendy, the kinetic energy transformed to electric energy and Wendy immediately touches Irene to resuscitate Irene.

Their plan work somehow, when Irene cough up and gasps for air. Mrs. Son rushes to the kitchen to get some water. Mr. Son put down the house phone and went to his daughter in law side to check on her. Mr. Son used to serve the military as the army doctor and engineer, so he is a qualified doctor in the house after Irene. He was astonish by what he saw. His daughter just did what the impossible.

“What did T-ARA did to you…” Mr. Son said softly as he frowned at his daughter.

Mrs. Son came back with a glass of water and she handed it to Wendy so Wendy can help Irene to drink it. Wendy gently puts the glass on Irene’s lips and gently tilt the glass. Irene cough up the water, so Wendy gave the glass to Yeri while she attend to Irene.

“I…I saw the light Wendy! I…” Irene mumbles “I…”

“Shsh…You’re alive, you’re fine now Irene…” Wendy holds Irene in her embrace and gently her fiancée’s hair like Irene is make out of glass that break easily.

“I need to call Mr. Bae.” Said Mr. Son.

“For what dad?”

“He needs to shut down whatever that T-ARA is doing in that lab!” said Mr. Son angrily, because he saw something that terrified him today, and he does not want it to happen again.

“No…don’t…father…don’t stop it…” Irene pleads as she catches her breath.

“Omma…please try to rest…we’ll talk about this later okay?” Youi tries to persuade her mother from get up and talking.

“Please…father…I beg you…I need to work on the cure for the serum…Please…let me cure Wendy…and Youi.” Irene begged.

Mr. Son’s face soften at the pleading of his daughter in law. He turns to his wife and his wife smiles at him. She reaches for his hand and gently squeeze it to show him that she supports him in whatever decision he makes.

“Seungwan, bring your wife to your room, let her rest. We need to talk.” Said Mr. Son.

Wendy nods and she scoops Irene up in bridal style and she carries Irene to her room. Yeri and Youi follows behind, but Mr. Son stops them “I need to talk to both of you.” He said. Yeri nods and she tells Youi that it is okay. The siblings follow their grandfather to his study. When they enter the study room, Youi was surprised when her grandfather opened up a secret door that seemed like its leading to a secret underground passage. Youi was astonish by how this family love secret passage a lot.

“Wow I didn’t know that this place existed!”

“Where are you taking us to?” Youi asked as she tries to be cautious. This man maybe is her biological grandfather but he might not believe that she is his granddaughter.

“After the incident, I secretly renovated this house and moved my lab underground so Wendy won’t find out about it, and it should remain like that. I don’t want to risk my only off spring’s life.” Said Mr. Son with his stern voice, which Yeri had never heard before. The grandfather that she used to know is very cheerful, but this grandfather scared her.

“Why are you showing this to us?” Youi asked.

“If Irene is going to help to cure Wendy, then I want you two to assist her…”

“Assist her?”

“Yes, there’s a secret that I never tell anyone, even your grandma.”

Youi and Yeri exchange looks and then they turn back to their grandfather as they slowly walk down the stairs. They stopped in front of a big metal door. Mr. Son scans his hand on the large screen located on the left side of the door. The lock mechanism automatically turn itself after the system verified Mr. Son identity. Mr. Son invited his granddaughters to come in and the siblings cautiously enter the room.

“When your mother was pronounced dead, I begged my best friend, Irene’s father to help me.”

“What…are you saying pop?”

“When Wendy got electrocuted, the doctor was told me she was dead and there’s no way that they can resurrect her.”

Yeri who can see where to conversation is going and she loses her balance and fall back on the dusty chair. Youi tries to catch her sister but she halted her action when she sees that Yeri is fallen on the chair and not the floor.

“I don’t understand.”

“Our mother was dead but she was resurrected with unethical way…” Yeri replied and then she looks up to her grandfather with bloodshot eyes “Is that the secret that you’ve been keeping pop?”

Mr. Son was hesitant at first but then he slowly nods his head. Yeri gasps and Mr. Son only could sigh heavily. “Wendy was my only daughter. I would even trade my soul to keep her alive. You will understand one day…”

“And what does it gotta do with what just happened?” Youi questioned.

“Her power…I knew about it existence, but I keep it supress with a drug that Irene’s father gave me.”

“What really happened pop?”

“I knew about T-ARA, I’ve been keeping close tab on them. And I knew the mastermind behind the serum…” Mr. Son explained, “When Wendy told me that T-ARA tested the serum on her, and she managed to survive even though the serum is not stabilize yet, it’s because she is the first test specimen.”

“Wait…what?”

“It was that serum that resurrected Wendy…but that time we were afraid if the formula fall to the wrong hand, they will try to play God with it…so I destroyed it. I had to kill…Irene’s real mother…”

“Grandfather…what, are you talking about?” Youi could not understand what her grandfather tried to tell them.

“Bae Yoon Joon is not Irene’s real father. He was her uncle, when Irene was a baby, her mother had to give her up to her uncle because her mother was just a teen back then and she did not want to raise Irene without a husband, so she gave the responsibility to Yoon Joon. Irene’s mother is the scientist that created that formula. I asked her to test it on Wendy and it worked, and it granted Wendy power. At that time, Suzy realized her mistake, and how dangerous the serum will be, begged me to kill her and she made me promised to take care of Irene for her. I know how crazy Yoon Joon is, I had to kill my own best friend, because I know if she is still alive, her brother will do whatever he had to in order to get the formula from her. Over the years, he failed to replicate the formula, until, Dr. Eunjung wife case happened, Yoon Joon recruited her and then he proposedly let Irene studied in medical school, just so he can use her to recreate the serum. I know one day Wendy’s power will manifest, but I did not expect that this will happen.”

Youi was in daze, her family tree is a mess, she glances over to her sister for reassurance but the expression on Yeri’s face tells it all. “Does Irene know about this?” Youi asked.

Mr. Son shakes his head “No she doesn’t…in her mind, he’s a perfect father…and I don’t want to shattered that image in her mind.”

Youi clenches her fist and she punches the table in frustration. “Youi…” she heard her sister called for her. Youi takes a deep breath and faces her sister. Yeri’s eyes is on fire, she is determined to change the future. “Youi…I’m going to change whatever happened in this timeline…Even if I have to sacrifice myself to create a better future for all of us.”

Mr. Son nodded at what Yeri said, he goes near to his granddaughters and he puts his hands on their shoulders “No matter what happened, I need your help to stop whatever T-ARA is trying to do. I keep a close tab on your mothers. I purposely suggested the engagement because I want to keep Irene safe from her greedy father. I know that my stubborn daughter is Robin and I know she is investigating T-ARA. I lead her to it, but now I regret it. I’ve put both my daughter and daughter in law life in danger.”

Yeri could not stop her tears when she heard what her grandfather told her. She got a feeling that what her parents told her in the future about her grandparents went missing during a cruise was a lie. She got a feeling that it was T-ARA’s fault that her grandparents when missing. She hugs her grandfather and she buries her face in his wide shoulder, as she tries to muffle her tears.

Mr. Son gently pats his granddaughter’s head to comfort her “It will be okay.” said Mr. Son as he smiles at Youi. “Come let’s go back, we need to go check on your mothers.”

Yeri let go of her grandfather and she wipes away her tears. “I really missed you pop…”

“I hope I treat you well in the future.”

“You are the best grandfather ever!”

Youi only could listen silently on the side, she never had a beautiful childhood as Yeri does, but she is happy to see how Yeri smile gradually appeared on her face. The grumpy Yeri that Youi met before is no longer there.

The trio finishes their conversation and go back to check on Irene and Wendy. When they reach Wendy’s room, a sudden white portal appear and the sisters were into it. Mr. Son and Wendy tried to reach for them but they were too slow as it happened too fast.

“Mom!!” Youi screams for her mother.

“Youi! Yeri!!” Irene shouts in horror.

Wendy uses her powers to run toward her daughters, she reaches out for Yeri’s hand. “Yeri, grab my hand!” she shouts at Yeri. Yeri reaches for Wendy’s hand but she was too slow. The portal disappear in a thin air and Wendy stood there in devastation.

“Wendy!! Where did our daughters go?!” Irene asked.

“I…I don’t know, but that portal is a time portal…they must have ended in another timeline...”

***

The portal appears in Arrow HQ’s Lab and Yeri and Youi were throw out from the portal. Yeri landed on top of Youi and pinned her down on the floor. Both of them yelled in pain especially Youi. Since she landed on a hard ground and Yeri landed on top of her.

“Yeri! Youi!!” a familiar voice called out for them and they were welcomed by a warm hug, it was Irene.

“Omma?” The two of them stared at the woman, who is wearing a lab coat and they look around to see familiar faces around. Yeri exchange a look with Seulgi who seems like she is happy to see Yeri again.

“Where…” Yeri opened to ask but someone cut her.

“1996…”

Youi looked up to that voice owner and it was Wendy. Wendy demeanour had change, she looks colder and she is emitting strong energy as she stand in front of her.

“Mom…”

“1996…this is…”

“I asked for Ryujin to create the time portal and transported you girls’ here…” said Wendy.

“But…why?”

“Because I need Yeri here.” Wendy explained but her expression does not look good. She is frowning, and there was sadness in her eyes. Youi turns to her sister, and she sees the same confused look on her face too.

“I…don’t understand…mom what is going on? Did you managed to stop T-ARA?” Youi asked erratically as she asked everyone for answer. She is getting tired of what is happening. Now she does not care about what happened to her timeline. She just wanted everyone that she knows is save and alive. Then she remembered Park Chorong. She gets up and dashes to her mother and grabs Wendy by her shoulder “Mom, did Chorong managed to save her friends?!”

Wendy was silent and Youi could guess that Chorong failed. The moment Youi could feel that her heart gets break into million pieces, Chorong appear, holding an infant in her arms “Irene-ah, I think she is hungry!”

Irene rushes to Chorong and holds the baby and Irene rocks the baby back and forth to silent the baby.

“Is that me?” Yeri asked.

Seulgi wanted to go to Yeri’s side but Wendy stops her then she ordered everyone to leave, included Irene.

“Wendy…”

“I got this Irene…go and feed Yeri, she’s hungry.” Said Wendy to her wife.

Irene nods and she left together with the others, leaving her wife and her kids alone. Once everyone had left, Wendy turns to her kids. She invites them to join her at the meeting table.

“I am sorry this happened. Yeri…Youi. When the two of you got into the light, a lot happened. Your mother join alliance with Arrow team, she went undercover to expose T-ARA but it seems like Eunjung learnt about what Irene is doing and she prison Irene when we broke into the lab and rescued all of the infants that survive the experiments.”

“…Hyunjin, Heejin and Hyejoo…” Youi mumbled.

“Yes…out of the 6 baby, only 3 of them survived and their mothers, all perished.”

“No…mom…don’t tell me…that…”

“Yes Youi. The mothers were Chorong’s comrades.”

Youi slumps back to her chair after she learnt about the truth, “Those kids…where are they?” Youi asked.

“What kids, what are you two saying?” Yeri was lost at her mother and sister’s conversation.

“Unnie…T-ARA tried to combine the serum with unborn babies, and only 3 survivors…those that I just named. But, I did not expect that T-ARA will do it to their own staff…but mom you said you needed Yeri here…why?”

The trio stops talking when they heard the door open and Irene walks in. “I thought I told you to feed Yeri?” Wendy asked her wife.

“Seulgi can take care of her, I need to be here with you.” said Irene as she approaches Wendy and hold her hand.

“Omma?” Youi called out to her mom and suddenly she felt a sharp pain on her chest, she collapsed on the floor unconscious.

“YOUI?! YOUI!!” Irene rushes to her daughter side and she checks for her vital. Youi’s heart is beating irregularly. Irene looks over to Wendy and she gets what her wife wanted to tell her. She immediately calls for Joy and Seulgi to prepare the emergency room for her daughter. Wendy carries Youi on her back and she runs with her flash power to the emergency room.

“Is the bed ready?” she asked.

Joy jumped in surprises because she was half way of getting the bed ready “OMG, please don’t come up and creep on us please! Please try to run slower next time! You called us only a second ago! How do you expect me to get the bed ready?!”

“Stop complaining Joy! Youi is sick!”

“What is wrong with Youi?” Seulgi asked.

Irene and Yeri who just catch up with Wendy, pants heavily by the door as they try to catch some air “She….just…collapse….so su…suddenly.” pants Irene.

“Chorong….get….me the….serum…” Irene demanded.

Chorong opens up the brief case that she was holding and revealed a blue liquid in a tube, and the liquid is glowing.

“Omma…what is that?” Yeri asked.

“This will stabilize Youi’s condition…” said Irene as she injected the liquid into Youi’s vein “It’s the improved R-17…even though Youi is the perfect specimen, but when her body still has not adapt to the power that she received. Two years ago, I ran a test on Youi’s blood and the result came out shockingly…for 18 years, she had been suppressing her power. Her body is at her limit…if we don’t do anything right now. Youi will die.”

“What…what?”

Irene let out a sigh, and she stares on the empty tube that she was holding “When future Wendy decided to sent you and your sister back to the past, she already created a multiverse…”

“And?” Yeri raised her eyebrows.

“There was a loophole…we are trying to investigating it. Something like this shouldn’t have happened. Youi from your timeline should not have the power, she was supposed to be the carried for the serum and the serum does not lead to any power. It does enhance human’s ability in terms of strength, but not the flash power that you’ve seen on Youi and Wendy. That is why we decided to bring you two to this timeline.” Ryujin interfered to explain.

Wendy looks at Irene for a while before she let out a loud sigh. “Yeri you need some rest, I will tell you what happened tomorrow morning.” Said Wendy.

“Stop beating around the bush Wendy, you should tell her now.”

Wendy turn and she sees Chorong standing with her arms crossed and she is frowning at Wendy. “Chorong…I will tell her when the time is right.” said Wendy defensively. Chorong approaches Yeri and she drags her with her making Yeri yelps when Chorong grabs on her wrist too tight. Chorong tries to drag Yeri out from the room but, Wendy tries to stop them by grabbing on Yeri’s other wrist.

“Yves!! Play that video!” yelled Chorong.

“Yves! I’m your maker! You only listen to me!” Wendy yelled back to stop the AI from playing the video.

“Yves! If you love this kid then you should know that she deserves to know her identity!!” Chorong argue.

Irene steps forward trying to stop the two adults from fighting each other and at the same time saving Yeri from getting push around by the adult. Irene saw the pained expression on Yeri. She let go of her wife’s hand and commands Yves to show the video to Yeri. Wendy’s eyes bulge when she heard her wife command the AI to play the video.

“Yves! I command you do not play that video!!” Wendy commanded.

“I am sorry boss, but I think Yeri should know about this.” said Yves.

“Please, Seungwan…Yeri deserved to know.”

The monitor start to play a video of a woman with a red hair staring into the camera. Her eyes were sullen and there was a faint smile on her face but in her eyes. Yeri and Youi can hear Irene’s voice in that video.

“You can say what you want…We will show her when her.” said Irene in the video.

The red haired woman nods her head and faintly smile at someone behind the camera. She takes a deep breath and stares right into the camera.

“Yeri-ah…”

Yeri got goose bump when she heard that woman’s voice. She does not know why the voice makes she had shiver down her spine.

“Yeri-ah, omma is sorry that omma couldn’t be there for you…but Dr.Irene promised that she will take a good care of you, so you must listen to her. She will be your mommy. A lot happened but no matter what the outcome is when you grow up, remember that we all loved you. Even when you learnt the truth about your identity. I don’t want you to think that you are the reason why all of this happened. I had to keep your existence away from Eunjung…but I don’t want you to hate her.”

When Yeri heard Eunjung’s name, her eyes went wide and she abruptly turn to Irene and Wendy.

“Yeri…omma love you so much but omma have to let go of you for your own sake. When Dr. Irene told me that she only could save one of us, I’ve decided to give up my own life for you. Dr. Irene said that she doesn’t know what would happened to you when you are born, but she will try her best to keep you alive. I know it’s hard to digest what I have said now. If one day, you cross path with Eunjung, please…do not kill her or hate her, all that Eunjung ever wanted is to have a happy family, but her ambition had led her to be the monster that she is now. I wanted to give her something so that I can distract her from her darkness, but it seems like it is not working. You are supposed to be the bundle of joy that will change Eunjung’s view of human life. When I was in coma, she tried everything to revive me, when she succeeded. We all thought she will stop there. I was wrong…she changed so much. I can’t stop her but I know you can Yeri. I still believe that deep down her heart, there is still that kind Eunjung that I know and loved. I don’t want my daughter and her mother to fight each other. I wished that I can get to see you when you are born…I…”

Yeri did not even wait until the video to finish playing, she went off and storm out from the room. Irene let go of Wendy’s hand and went after Yeri. Wendy shoots Seulgi a knowing look and Seulgi nods at her friend. Wendy follows her wife and daughter after she is sure that Seulgi will look after Youi.

“Yeri! Yeri I’m sorry you had to know it this way! But we love you no matter what!” Irene begged her daughter to stay after she found out the secret about her birth.

“Yeri, listen…she requested for us to raise you and we promised her that we won’t tell anyone about your identity, especially to her…if she knows that you are her daughter…can you imagine what she will do?” Wendy tries to explain the situation to her daughter.

Yeri was hurt after she knows about her secret. Yeri would not be this hurt if Irene and Wendy had been honest about her origin. The fact that Yeri learnt about her identity from someone else and not from her parents is what hurt her the most.

Yeri stares at Youi who is lying motionless on the bed. She angrily turns to her parents “Show me the future that you mentioned…show me the future that you said you try to stop!”

“Yeri…we can’t…”

“You can’t?! After everything that happened?! You lie to me, and for my whole life I thought I was nobody, and then you’re going to let Youi die?!”

“No one is dying Yeri! I will safe her and you!” Wendy raises her voice at Yeri and it made Yeri snapped.

“No one is dying if you try hard enough Wendy…” stammers Yeri as she tries to hold in her tears. She pushes Wendy and Irene away and run away.

“Yeri!!”

“Let her go…” said Wendy as she stops her wife.

“But…Seungwan…”

“She needs time…she will comeback, now our focus should be more on Youi and baby Yeri…you need to find a cure for our daughter.”

Irene decided to give up on running after Yeri and she goes back to attend to Youi. Wendy stands by the hallway and she watches Yeri slowly running further and further away from her. “Happy now?” she asked Chorong.

“That kid is the apocalypse…if I were you I will just kill her when I have the moment.”

“Are you expecting me to kill a baby?!”

“Letting her live is going to be your biggest mistake Wendy.”

“I will prove you wrong!” Said Wendy in rage and she grabs Chorong by the collar.

Chorong smirks and she spits on Wendy’s face “You let that monster had her way with my friends…they are all dead…that kid is that monster’s daughter. Her blood is running in that kid’s body!!”

“Whatever happened to your comrades are not Yeri’s fault, it was Eunjung and don’t you dare to say that Yeri is the apocalypse ever again! She is my daughter!!”

Rooftop

Yeri screams into the void, the rain and thunder muffled her scream. Yeri falls on her knees and she punches the ground until her knuckles bleed. Her forehead touches the ground and she bites on her lower lips to stop herself from crying aloud. Her whole body is soaked and her small frame start to trembles due to the cold.

“Miss Yeri, it is best if you can go back inside now.” Yves suddenly appeared in her hologram mode.

“Did my mom sent you?” Yeri asked.

“No, Master did not sent me. I came on my own accord. I pity your real mother.”

“My real mother huh…am I…an experiment just like Youi?” she asked.

“No…you are not. Youi is purely genetically created by combining two eggs…while you are created via IVF by combining Park Hyomin and Hahm Eunjung’s DNA and a donor.”

“What?”

“Your father is one of the T-ARA elite soldier that volunteered with the T-ARA project. So you do have the R-17 formula in your body. Due to the fact that Hyomin got resurrected the same way Wendy did…Hyomin DNA give you the adaptability to adapt the serum in your body…”

“Wait? What?”

To be Continue…

“Irene…please understand…I…” Eunjung stops and she covers her face with her hand as she tries to control her tears “I know you love your wife so much, and so do I…I love Hyomin more than my own life. She is not dead! I just need to revive her…and you’re the only one who can help me…please….” Eunjung begged Irene and she slowly letting down the gun that she pointed on Irene.

Irene was scared, she is scared beyond words, but what Eunjung said is right, she loves Wendy so much and if she is in Eunjung situation, maybe she will do the same thing for Wendy. She slowly nods her head to tell Eunjung that she is agree to help her if she let Wendy go.

A/N: Okay I am so sorry I can’t keep my promise to keep updating this story frequently! I was super busy!! I had to do 2 jobs now, one is my regular job and another one is a part time, so I’ve been occupied. Now my part time job has ended I get more time for myself to update this story. I hope y’all not lost interest in this story! I am so sorry! And yes, Hyomin and Eunjung is Yeri’s parents, full story will be reveal on next chapter!