Chapter 11: The Missing Robin

Turn Back The Time

Wendy waited patiently for her friends to come to help her clean up her mess. She popped her knee right back to its position and sit in the middle of the road. She heard car’s tyre screeching and she knows that is Seulgi. Now she knows why Yeri’s driving skill is bad, she must have learnt it from Seulgi in the future.

“Took you 25 minutes and 58 seconds…what happened to the ‘be there in 10?’ Kim Jisoo?”

“Sorry, I had to pick Seulgi’s over at the lab, I thought she was at home!” complained Jisoo and she helps to get Wendy up.

“Wendy!” What happened here?”

“Before I explain what happened, Jisoo I need you and Lisa to transport all the injured citizen to the hospital, and Joy, I need you to release the memory erasing gas so when all those people wake up tomorrow, they will forget what happened. Rosé I need you to retrieve all of the surveillance camera footages around this area, save a copy of the original and I want you to alter the footage. Seulgi, clean up those scraps…”

Everyone scrambles to do their parts except for Seulgi. Seulgi stays to help Wendy to get to the van “Wendy, I have something to tell you.”

“What is it?”

“Ryujin found something and we need you to see it.”

Wendy is already anticipated that from Seulgi and she nods “I will look through it tomorrow, right now we need to clean this mess.”

“I’ll take it from here, why don’t I ask Jennie to pick you up and send you home?”

“That will be good.” Said Wendy as she winces in pain when she tries to climb up in the van.

Seulgi calls Jennie to pick Wendy up and she taps Wendy on the knee which causes Wendy to curse in pain.

“Sorry!”

“No no, it’s okay, Hey Seulgi, did you brought some clothes for me to change?”

“Yes, it’s in the same place. I’mma go clean those mess you made. Call me when you reach home.”

“Alright.”

***

Wendy’s House

The sister put their mother on the couch and Yeri cleans up the wound on Irene’s head. Irene must have gotten the wound when she got kidnapped. Youi went to take a shower and clean herself up.

Youi finishes her shower and steps out from the shower and looks at herself in the mirror. Youi can’t stop thinking about the moment when she runs toward her mother. The superhuman strength that she feels pumping through her vein. She tries to shakes away her thought and dry herself off and change to a clean set of clothes.

A sudden flashback of the past comes in to Youi’s mind. It is her memories of Chorong.

Flashback

“Ouch!” the 10 years old Youi winced when Chorong dap the alcohol pad onto her wound.

“Stop weeping, you’re going to heal fast anyway.” Said Chorong to her.

“Can you do it in a gentler way?” Youi asked.

“Life isn’t going to be gentle with you Youi, because you are special. When you are special, nothing is going to be easy on you.” Replied Chorong to the little kid.

“I am special?”

“Yes you are…and you always need to remember that.”

“If I am special…why aren’t the other kids want to be friend with me?”

“Hmm…I taught you that diamond is a special gem right?”

‘Yes, but what it gotta do with being special?”

“To form a diamond, the rock is being expose to a great pressure, and that is the same thing as you are. You may not know how special you are now, but soon, when the time comes, you will realize the power you held.”

End of Flashback.

“Did…Chorong knew?” Youi asked herself before she exited the room to join her sister.

“Hey…how’s mom?” Youi asked Yeri.

“The chloroform is still in her body. I’ve treated her cuts and wound.”

“Okay…” said Youi and the sisters went silent.

“Youi…”

“Hmm?”

“What you did back there…it was admirable.”

“Thanks.” Youi replied.

“Though you might get yourself kill…promise me you won’t do something reckless like that again.”

“If I didn’t do that, Wendy would probably be dead. And there isn’t going to be us in the future, well maybe you exist but not me.” replied Youi nonchalantly “It makes me think…” Said Youi “What if we were part of the past as well?”

“What do you mean Youi?”

“If we didn’t come to this timeline, and no one is there to help Wendy, she would be dead…and maybe I wouldn’t even exist. I don’t know if you understand what I’m trying to say but.”

“You’re saying we are part of the history as well?”

“Yes!”

“Which mean, if we’re part of the history, we can change the future without disturbing our existence!”

“Yes! But we need to find a way back to our timeline right after we save everyone.”

***

Wendy reaches home, she thanked Jennie and limps into her house. Wendy sees the light is on and she sighs of relieve to know that her kids and her fiancée is safe. Wendy enters the house and she surprises her children. Yeri and Youi rushes to her side and see that Wendy is badly bruises.

“Youi, go get the ice.”

“You two okay?” Wendy asked her daughters.

“We’re fine, you are badly injured Wendy! All of these bruises, how are you going to explain to Irene?” Yeri asked.

“I’ve already asked Rosé to alter the footage of the surveillance footages, I want you and Youi to listen, if Irene wakes up, tell her she was kidnapped by Robin and the three of us went on pursuit and save her.”

“Why would you want to fabricate the story? Why can’t you just tell her someone stole Robin identity, kidnap her and the real Robin came to save her?” Yeri questions Wendy’s decision.

“Irene hates Robin…”

“And telling her Robin kidnaps her is going to lessen her hatred toward Robin?”

“No…I just don’t want her to get deeper into my mess, let she believes what she wants to believe, even if you told her Robin saved her, she wouldn’t believe it and she wouldn’t want to believe it either. Robin had done lot things that causes the BAE company to lost millions, Irene already marked Robin as someone whom she will hate for life. There’s a lot of things happened that you kid don’t know…just, do as I said.” Said Wendy.

Youi comes with a pack of ice and she hands it to Wendy. Wendy thanked her and firmly press the ice pack on her swollen bruised face. “Youi, you okay?”

“I’ve healed.” Said Youi “Your knee…” Youi said when she notices that Wendy’s knee looks out of place.

“Ugh, I popped it right back earlier…”

Youi touches Wendy’s knee and pop it right back to its place and Wendy screams in pain. “Hey! At least tell me if you’re going to do that. Geez!”

“If I told you, you probably will reject the idea. Just put an ice pack there and it’ll be okay.” Said Youi.

“Yeah, you should see how she popped my shoulder back again this morning.” Said Yeri as she swings her arm around.

“If I were you, I will not do that.” Youi and Wendy said in unison.

“Oh…”

Irene begins to stir up and Wendy shush her daughters. The three of them goes to Irene’s side as Irene slowly opens her eyes. Irene gets up abruptly but her vision gets blurry. Wendy tries to hold Irene on the shoulder but Irene flinches.

“Hey, it’s okay, it’s me.” said Wendy as she tries to calm the woman, Wendy turns to Yeri and Yeri gets the signal. Yeri goes to the kitchen and gets a glass of water for her mother.

“Robin!!” Irene yells and she turns around to find that latter.

“Robin is not here! You’re safe…you’re safe.”

“Wendy?”

Wendy pulls Irene into a hug and the latter cries in Wendy’s arms “You’re safe…”

Yeri and Youi only can look at their mothers. A part of them wanted to tell Irene about what really happened. Irene looks at Wendy and notices the bruises on Wendy’s face and arms, Irene got panic “Wendy, these bruises! Your lips! What happened?!”

“Uh…After Robin kidnapped you, Wendy chased after her…and…she got all those bruises from her fight with Robin.” Yeri bitterly explains.

Irene gasps in disbelieve and she cups Wendy’s face to have a better look on Wendy’s bruises “I cannot forgive Robin for what she had done!”

Wendy holds Irene on the shoulder to stops her from getting up from the couch “Don’t get up yet, I’m okay, you’re safe now right. Let’s just forget about Robin…”

“How can I forgive that person?! She hurts you, that means she hurts me too…” said Irene.

“Let’s go to bed Irene…I’m tired, the kids are tired too, they helped me to rescue you…”

Irene turns to Yeri and Youi and she saw the fatigue in their face “Really?”

Yeri and Youi nods innocently, Irene lunges toward them and hugs them “Thank you.” She said “I don’t know how to thank you two…”

Yeri unknowing starts to cry when Irene hugs her, the warmth of her mother body’s touch her hearts. This is the woman who gave birth to her, she lived in this woman womb for nine months and after 17 years, she finally able to hug her again.

“Hey? Why are you crying?” Irene asks.

Youi quickly wipes her tears away and smiles at Irene “Nothing. I just…I suddenly missed my mom…”

Irene turns to Wendy and said “Well maybe you can ask Wendy to give you a day off to spend time with your mom.”

“It’s okay…I’m tired, so I’m going to bed, good night.”

Yeri and Wendy exchange gazes “Umm I’ll go check on her. Good night you two.”

Yeri follows Youi to their bedroom, she gets worried about her sister when she suddenly cries. Irene and Wendy exchanges gaze and Wendy smiles at her fiancée. Wendy scoops Irene up which causes the older woman to yelps in surprise.

“Let’s go to bed.” Said Wendy and Irene blushes. She hides her faces in Wendy’s shoulder.

Wendy gently put Irene on the bed, but Irene feels bad because Wendy is badly bruised and yet here she is treating her like a queen. Irene yelps when Wendy suddenly take off her shirt.

Wendy smirks at Irene’s reaction, she wouldn’t expect it was Irene that being the one that will gay panic. She thought she is going to panic if Irene ever going to make a move on her. “I’m going to take bath to clean myself do you want to join me?”

“Nno!” Irene rejected but then she remembers Wendy’s wound, she jumps out of the bed and rush to the bathroom, blocking Wendy who’s trying to close the door.

“Let me help you clean!” said Irene.

Wendy looks at her with a frown and then her lips slowly curl up to a smirk “You are more than welcome to clean me up, honey~”

***

“You guys done?”

“I’m done!”

“Done!”

Jisoo taps on the truck door to alert the driver. The driver gets Jisoo’s signal and he drives away with all of the civilians that needed treatment to the hospital.

“Chaeng ah! Are you done?”

“Almost! Give me 10 more minutes!”

“Seulgi?”

“I’m done here, I got the chip from the robot, it might be useful. Joy, get ready the gas, once Chaeyoung finish bypassing the surveillance camera get ready to wake these civilians up.”

Jisoo and Seulgi rested by their vans while waiting their other comrade finish their tasks. Seulgi let out a loud sigh and it caught Jisoo’s attention “Coffee?” she offered.

Seulgi politely rejects and says “No thanks, I cut off my caffeine…”

“Ooh~~ but what’s with the sigh?”

“I have a very bad feeling Jisoo-ah…something bad about to happen. I was working with Ryujin earlier, and she managed to decode the files that Wendy brought back. And yes, they are doing some illegal genetic modification, Ryujin explained that Irene doesn’t know about the ongoing experiment…I don’t know how I should break this to Wendy…her fiancée is doing shady business with the government?”

Jisoo rubs her chin to think “Hmm…this is hard…”

“Yes it is…”

“But I think it is better if we just tell Wendy the truth rather than keeping it…she will know what to do.” said Jisoo.

“I hope so too…”

“Seulgi unnie!! I’m done!” Rosé shouted from afar. Seulgi puts her thumb up and put on her mask, Jisoo follow suit and she calls for the other to enter the vans. Lisa helps Rosé to get in the vans. Jisoo is in charge of driving the van. Seulgi hops on at the back and she opens the door from the back and she pulls Joy in the van too.

“Ready?” she asked Joy and Joy nods, Seulgi helps Joy to put on her mask while Joy is working on the gas canister. Joy looks back and instruct Jisoo to drive and Jisoo did. Joy opens the valve and it lets out the ammonia gas out to wake the civilians up.

“They are waking up. Jisoo drive us back to the HQ!”

“Roger that!!”

***

Wendy sneaks out from the bed once she is sure that Irene is in deep sleep state. She goes to her study and pull out the blue book from the book case to open up her secret lair. Wendy enters the secret lair and opens her computer.

“Yves!”

“You don’t have to shout! You know I will appear whenever you call out my name Wendy.”

“Tell me the truth about Youi…I saw she running in the speed of light, what did Irene do to her? All I have in my memories, Irene injected the enhance R-17 serum, but…how did she gets that power?”

“I don’t know Wendy, all that happened when Irene gave birth to Youi is not recorded in my system. She was confined for a year, and when you rescue her from that facility, you thought it is better if you let go of Youi to keep her safe from the war and the people who wanted to get hold of her. Why don’t you test your own child Wendy?”

“Are you insane Yves? Me testing my own kid? We’ve already test enough thing on her! I can’t hurt Youi anymore…I need to fix the mess that I’ve created.”

“Get Ryujin to help you.”

“I told you I don’t want to test on my kid anymore?”

“What if there’s something in Youi’s blood that can answer all of your question?”

Wendy dismiss Yves and stares at the picture on her computer, when she helped Youi to wash her clothes earlier, she scanned the photo that she found in Youi’s pocket. She knows that photo is the only photo where she gets to meet with Youi and hug Youi before she sent Youi to the orphanage. She purposely hires one of her staff, Park Chorong to go undercover and watch Youi and recorded Youi’s growing up process in the orphanage.

The flashback of Youi running toward her in the speed of light still worried her. She decided to find it out herself. She was against the idea when Irene proposed it, but now she is worried that they might have created a monster, what if Youi can’t control of her power? Now it makes sense why her future-self warned her. This is not about stopping the war but it’s about stopping Youi from turning to something that they cannot stop. Wendy knows Irene is the key to prevent it from happening.

She turns off the computer and turn off all the lights before exit the office. She goes back to her study room and them try to calls the other Arrow Squad.

“Boss~”

“Seulgi, how’s the cleaning?”

“All done, no one is going to suspect anything~”

“Good job, is Rosé there?”

“I’ll put her on for you, Chaeng ah!”

“Hello boss!”

“Rosé, did you get the footage? Can you email it to me?”

“Ugh…sure, just give me a moment please…by the way boss, is there anything special in that footage that made you want me to erase it and replace it with something else?”

“I’ll let you girls know tomorrow.”

“Okay…okay done! I emailed it to you~”

“Thanks…you guys go home after done with your job, I give permission for everyone to come late tomorrow.”

“Awww~ thanks boss!!”

Wendy goes and lock the door to her study and she opens up her computer to check on the footage that Rosé emailed her. She keeps on replaying the scene where Youi ran to her, she only took 1 second to reach from the van which located at least 300 - 500 feet away. Youi kinds of emits a blue flash when she dashes.

“What did we do to you Youi…” Wendy asked herself.

***

Eunjung dismisses her team after they reported on her the movement of the arrow squad. One of her agents didn’t exist her office but remain standing there waiting for her boss to turn around and face her.

“I said y’all are dismiss Jiyeon…”

The agent walks to the door and she closes it behind her, then she turns to Eunjung with her hands behind her “This isn’t about creating super soldiers as you’ve claimed right? This is about something else…” Jieun stated.

Eunjung goes back to her chair and seated herself. She props her feet up to the table and stares at Jiyeon “Let me hear you reason why you think this is about creating the super soldiers that the president asked us to do?”

“Hyomin unnie…this is about her right? All of those experiments is just a façade to cover up your true intention right? I’ve seen the reports of the research that we’ve done in the BAE Lab facility, and it doesn’t lead to anything, the serum won’t work on human and you know it! The genetic research that we are conducting isn’t for the soldiers am I right?”

Eunjung rolls her eyes at her sister in law Jiyeon “We will never know the effectiveness of the serum without testing it on those unborn babies Jiyeon…”

“Unnie! Do you know once the upper management give permission for us to do the experiment on foetus, did you ever think about the consequences to those unborn babies?! If the serum failed it will kill the foetus! This is unethical unnie!” Jiyeon voices her concern.

“And what does that have to do with us?” Eunjung replied in merciless tone.

Jiyeon scoff as she couldn’t believe what she just heard “You are heartless…”

“You are working with me now Jiyeon, just listen to my order, or you can send me your resignation letter.”

“I promised my sister I will be by your side…you can shake me or ditch me wherever you want, I will still come back to you because that’s what I promised my sister.” said Jiyeon before she left the office.

Eunjung watches her sister in law walks out and how she slammed the door hard. She knows Jiyeon is angry at her, but Eunjung doesn’t care if she has to sacrifice a few lives just so she can get the serum to work.

Hahm Eunjung, the head of T-ARA, 28 years old, she was a medical doctor graduated from the prestigious Medical University in Korea. Eunjung had served the army for 5 years before the government saw her talent and intelligent in the medical and biological field. The government recruit her to be part of their top secret project which they named it ‘T-ARA’ project. They believed that with Eunjung’s specialist in both the medical world and biology they can create a serum that will enhance their soldiers’ ability.

Eunjung refuses at first, she thinks that the thing that the government trying to do is wrong and unethical. However, something happened to her that changes her mind set and she agreed to lead the project as long as the government is willing to let her control the whole project without any interruption from any government sector, not even the president himself can interrupt the project. The government agreed with her terms and condition because she

Eunjung looks at the photo frame on her desk “Hyomin-ah, just give me some more time okay.”

***

Irene woke up the next morning feeling sore all over her body. She turns to her side but the bed is empty. She gets up and saw a note by the dresser.

‘Clean clothes for you to change’

Irene takes the clothes that is folded neatly on top of the dresser, she takes a sniff of the clothes. It has been her weird habit to sniff on something since she was young. She likes the detergent fragrance that Wendy used. It’s not too strong nor too soft, and most importantly. It smells like Wendy.

***

Yeri woke up groggily, she didn’t have a good sleep because she ended up talking with Youi until they see the sun rises. Wendy offers Yeri a cup of coffee and Yeri gladly accept it.

“You look bad.”

“I hadn’t sleep a blink…”

“Why?”

“Sister talk with Youi…”

“How is Youi?”

“She’s fine, she is just overwhelmed by the fact that she gets to meet with mom, and mom hugged her.”

“You’re a good sister Yeri…”

Yeri sips her coffee silently, when she thinks of it, she was mad and sad that Youi came into her life, but after she gets to know Youi better, she realized Youi may look tough but she is still a kid that longing for some family love inside her. “I will be a good sister from now on.”

Wendy puts down a plate of fried rice in front of Yeri “Eat up.” Said Wendy.

“Oh! I miss this fried rice!”

“Eat slowly, we don’t want you to choke~”

Yeri happily eat her all-time favourite fried rice, Seulgi did tried to replicate the recipe but it doesn’t taste the same like how Wendy made. The nostalgic feelings made Yeri cried a little. Wendy ruffles Yeri’s hair to cheer her up and she said “Yeri promise me that you will always love your sister and whatever happen in the future, never leave your sister side.”

Yeri was perplexed at Wendy’s words but she just shrugs and continue eating her breakfast. They were join by Irene shortly, something about seeing Wendy and Yeri sitting by the island makes Irene’s heart warm. It feels like they are a family. Wendy serves Irene her fried rice and a cup of orange juice because Irene hates coffee.

“Glad that my clothes fit you.” Said Wendy.

Irene joking scoffs and says “What you think I’m fat that I can’t fit in your clothes?”

“What? No! I mean, I was afraid if my clothes are not up to your taste or might be too big for you…I…”

Irene laughs and explain to the flustered Wendy that she was only joking and Wendy sighs in relieved. Yeri joins in to make fun of Wendy too.

“Anyway, where’s Youi?”

“Oh, she’s still sleeping.”

“Must have been tired for what happened last night.” Said Wendy.

Irene was thinking for a moment and then she snaps her fingers “Let me treat you girls to dinner tonight!”

“Oh sounds great! I want pizza!!” said Yeri excitedly.

“Yeri…” Wendy shakes her head and massage her temple at Yeri’s replies.

“I’ll send you to work Irene, Yeri and Youi, you two can come in late for work today. I won’t cut your allowances.” Said Wendy.

***

Wendy drops Irene off her office but before Irene exits the car Wendy pulls her back and give her a kiss. Irene was shocked by the sudden move but she enjoys it. She bids Wendy goodbyes and sigh in happiness until she was greeted by her assistant and sister.

“I see you’re having fun with Wendy last night.” Lia teased.

“Shut it Lia! Did you get the report about our company loses?”

“It’s ready and I’ve put it on your desk.”

“Alright, I will go check it out. Ryujin…are you okay?”

“Hmm?”

“You look grungy today…are you okay?”

Ryujin fakes a smiles and shakes her head “Just a little headache…” she replies.

“Okay…well let’s go inside…”

“Unnie…”

“Hmm?”

“Let me in the T-ARA project too…I can help.” Said Ryujin to her sister.

“Ryujin it’s a top secret, you know that, they have me and Lia, we can manage it, what’s up with your sudden interest in the project? What about your time machine project?”

Lia knows her girlfriend wanted to be part of the project to gets more information on the project in order to stop them. “Boss, maybe if we involve Ryujin in she can help us too, Ryujin is also majored in biology, and since the project is dealing with human biology and also genetics, maybe Ryujin can help us too.”

Ryujin looks at Lia hopefully, she just realized that Lia wanted to help her even though it contradicts with her virtue that she will never betray her employer trust on her. Ryujin knows Lia was against the idea of her helping Robin.

“I’ll…think about that, anyway Lia, I need you to help me contact the polis…”

“For?”

“Robin kidnapped me last night and lucky for me, Wendy managed to save me before it was too late.”

Ryujin and Lia look at each other, Ryujin was about to say something but Lia stops her. Lia shakes her head and Ryujin lower her head.

***

Arrow HQ

Wendy went straight to the lab when she reached the HQ, there she was greeted by Seulgi. “I thought I told you to take a rest.” Said Wendy.

“I can’t rest if I don’t let you see this…”

“Okay…spill it out.” Said Wendy and she seated herself at her desk “What did you find out?”

“You should really thank Ryujin for this, we managed to find few interns to check on the samples but it was Ryujin who completed it. Last night the two of us work until midnight to check on the sample you took, and here’s the report that you need to see.”

Wendy took the report from Seulgi and begins to flip through.

“T-ARA is doing illegal experiment Wendy, and Irene doesn’t know about it. They are using the excuse of finding a way to manipulate human’s genetics so we won’t be vulnerable to diseases.”

“I know…”

“You know?”

“Yeah Youi told me everything about the genetics experiments that T-ARA had done back in the future, but now I am curious on why they choose to collaborate with BAE laboratory.” Said Wendy.

“What if…if anything goes wrong, T-ARA can cover it up by saying that it’s all BAE’s industry’s work?” said Seulgi.

A flash of memories of when Irene got kidnap for the second time by the fake Robin flashes in Wendy’s brain. What Seulgi said is true, maybe T-ARA is just using Irene as puppet. Wendy turns on the computer and play the footage that Rosé gets from the surveillance camera last night and show Seulgi what exactly happened.

“Seulgi watch it.”

Seulgi watch the footage, despite it is in low resolution, Seulgi can clearly see there were 2 Robins. “They are two Robins?!”

“Irene was kidnapped last night, by Robin.”

Seulgi looked at Wendy confusedly “I don’t understand!”

“Hahm Eunjung, send a robot that look exactly like her but dressed up like me and kidnapped Irene. The robot that I asked you to clean up last night is the fake Robin.”

“But…but…”

“Eunjung knows that I’m Robin, Seulgi. The T-ARA leader is not someone that we can overlook. She is slick, if she can create a robot that looks exactly like her, there is no doubt she can creates one that look like me and used it to terrorize this city, or tarnish our name.”

Seulgi was agape in disbelieve “How the hell did she knows your identity?”

“My wound…she wounded me on the night we raided the lab…and she recognize me through my wound.”

Seulgi sighs in disbelieve and she rested her bums on Wendy’s desk, she had her arms crossed and there’s a deep scowl on her face. “What are you gonna do now Wendy? She knows your identity, and Irene might be in danger.”

“I gotta do something about it…”

“And how?”

“I’m going to meet with Hahm Eunjung not as Robin but as myself.”

“Wendy…as your employee I don’t want to stop you but as your friend, it’s not a good idea!”

Wendy smiles at Seulgi “Seulgi you still remembered that I told you someone from the future came to meet me and warn me about the future?”

“Yeah…well I didn’t believe you until Yeri and Youi showed up.”

“I think this is what my destiny is, to change to future, for the better. The future needs to be save and it start now.”

Seulgi disagree with what Wendy had said but she decided to just go with the flow, and be beside her if she ever needed anything. Seulgi shrugs and taps her friend on the shoulder “I’ll let you finish that report, I’m gonna get home and freshen up and then pick up Joy.”

“Hey Seul, do you mind if I take a break from all this Robin’s work for a while? Can you and Joy cover me up?”

Seulgi was surprised that Wendy wanted to take a break from saving the city from crime “I thought you said vigilante don’t take break?”

“Yeah…but…Irene…I want to focus more on our relationship and work things out. Beside I can’t let her find out about my identity…so…gotta keep low profile for mean time.”

Seulgi winks and pointed at her friend “You got it, don’t worry about this city, me and the others can take care of it~”

“Hey Seul.”

“Yeah?”

“Thanks.”

“For what?”

“For everything.”

***

Son Consolidated

Yeri and Youi were playing with the weapons at the testing ground, with the guidance of Joy and Lisa. They were having so much fun with all the weapon and Joy is amused that Yeri able to named it all and also know how to use all of it.

“I wouldn’t be Son Yeri if I don’t know how to use Son Weaponry’s weapon.” Replied Yeri.

“So, did you take over the business in the future?”

Yeri puts down the riffle that she’s holding, a weak smile curls up on her face “Both Wendy and Irene’s business were closed down, Seulgi take over some of the building and rebranded it, changing the name to Kang Technologies. And you’re her business partner. Both of you didn’t want to see all the resources the Bae and Son had, so the only way to save it is to buy it off the market and rename the company.”

“Seulgi and me take over the company?”

“Not really taking over, but more like you’re watching over all the asset for Youi…she’s the named heir.” And Yeri smiled bitterly while looking at Youi’s direction.

Joy gets up and flick Yeri on the forehead which makes the girls yelps in pain “The was that for?!”

“Were you jealous of Youi?”

“I was, but now, I want to protect her…”

“Cool…but when Seulgi told me in the future Wendy and Irene died…is that true?”

Yeri reluctantly nods to affirm the question but Joy accepts the answered calmly “Well I guess we gotta work hard to not make that happen.” Said Joy.

Yeri is surprised at how compose and calm Joy is compared to the one in the future. She still feels sorry for what happened to the future Joy. Future Joy loses her wife and Yeri couldn’t be there for her adoptive mother. Yeri reaches for Joy’s hand and it makes Joy frowns at her for a moment “Joy…I want you to know that I am sorry…”

“For?”

“The day Youi and I came to this past…Seulgi…” Yeri pauses and she looks over to Youi, hoping for her sister to turn and look at her to give her some support, and it’s like Youi were able to read Yeri’s mind.

“Seulgi what Yeri?”

Youi turns to Yeri and she smiles at her, Yeri feels assure so she continues “Seulgi died while trying to protect us…if…I was strong enough…if I was brave enough and fast enough…Seulgi…Seulgi wouldn’t die…I’m…” Yeri was stopped by Joy’s index finger on her lips.

“You don’t have to feel sorry, Seulgi died to protect you right? That means she done her job…so you don’t have to feel sorry.”

“No Joy, you don’t understand I’m sorry not because I never told Seulgi and you how much I love you two. I’ve always thought that you and Seulgi can never replace Wendy and Irene in my life. The moment Seulgi died in my arms…I realized, I was being a jerk, you two love me just like how Wendy and Irene loved me. After my parents died…you and Seulgi took me and adopt me…but I was too blind and ego to accept you two as my new parents…I am sorry Joy…I’m sorry.”

Joy was surprised by the information that she just heard from Yeri “Did I end up with Seulgi in the future?” she questions.

“You were married to her.”

Joy was delighted to know that she is going to end up with Seulgi, they are dating now but it seems like Seulgi is too passive in making move on her. They are dating but if Joy didn’t initiate to go on a date Seulgi won’t even bother to ask her out. Joy pats Yeri on the head and said “Then, you shouldn’t feel sorry to me or to anyone, Seulgi died while protecting you because she loved you. I believe future Seulgi and future me know that you love us just as much as we love you. So cheers up okay?”

Yeri nods and she wipes away her tears, her attention turns to the door when Seulgi, Jisoo and Wendy walks in. The trio were discussing something and they look serious. Wendy looks for Youi and she spotted that Youi is sparring with Lisa so she calls for her daughter.

“Youi.”

Youi loses her focus when Wendy calls for her and Lisa ended up landing a punch on her face.

“Owh!!” everyone gasped when Youi fell on the ground.

“Oh my god! I am sorry! You okay?!” Lisa apologizes and quickly helps Youi to get up.

“Didn’t say that coming.” Said Youi.

“Youi, what did I told you about focus?” Wendy sighs at her daughter.

Youi smiles sheepishly at her mother “Never lose your focus even when someone else try to distract you.”

Wendy smiles at Youi answers, she helps her daughter to clean off the dirt on her clothes “Youi, we need to talk, follow us to the HQ…”

Youi and Yeri exchange gazes, the look in Wendy, Seulgi and Jisoo scare them.

***

Arrow HQ

“What the hell was that?” Joy and Lisa said in unison.

Wendy just show them the footage of last night, where the kidnapping incident happened. Wendy turns to Rosé and she asks Rosé to replay the footage from the start. Rosé rewinds the footage and Wendy asks her to pause it right before Youi dashed towards her.

“That was Youi.” Said Wendy.

Everyone turns to Youi except for Yeri because Yeri was present at the scene and she witness that super power herself. Youi was confused herself, she doesn’t know how to explain to the others about how it happened.

Ryujin enters the room and everyone shift their gazes to Ryujin. Wendy welcomes Ryujin in but the others were surprised to see Lia is with her as well. “Why is she here?”

Ryujin clears and say “Let me explain.” She reaches her hand to Lia and guided Lia to the middle of the lab. “I know we have to keep our identity, but trust me, Lia is here to help. Lia knows I was helping you guys, and I think it is better is we include Lia in our squad…Lia works closely with my sister. Even though I am more than qualified to assist in that project, my sister just won’t allow me to join her. Lia is our only hope.”

“Why should we trust her?” Lisa questioned.

“What if Lia work as double agent? What if she is here to spy on us?” Jisoo added.

Ryujin scoffs at her comrade for doubting her and her girlfriend.

“Lia is the closes person that we can get to monitor the T-ARA project, Ryujin had talked to me about it and I personally agreed to let Lia in our squad.”

Seulgi was angry that Wendy didn’t discuss the matter with her first “Why you didn’t tell me about this?”

“Because I know you will reject the idea…look Irene is very particular in letting anyone in that project because they have signed a clause with the government and only, she and Lia can monitor the progress. I tried to ask Ryujin to ask for Irene’s permission to join it but Irene rejected.”

The others keep silent when Wendy had spoken they can’t say nothing, since Wendy is their boss and leader. “Jisoo, Lisa and Joy, fills Lia up with what’s going on, Ryujin, Seulgi and Rosé, I need you, come with me, and you too Youi.” Said Wendy.

Yeri looks at Youi worriedly, but Youi smile at her to assure her that it’s going to be fine. Yeri didn’t want Youi to go alone, she has the right to know what is going on because she is Youi’s sister. “Wendy, I want to go with Youi too!”

“Sure…”

***

Examination Lab

“What the…” Ryujin frowns after she examine the footage she turns to Wendy and then she looks at Youi “How…?”

“I…I don’t know either…all that I think about that time is to save Wendy from the explosion…I can feel my muscle expand and…it just happened.” Youi explained but she looks sacred.

“What…what are you going to do to Youi?” Yeri asked the trio in that room.

Wendy crossed her arms and she leans again the wall “Youi…I believe you’re not only a test tube baby that created by combining my genes and Irene’s genes, I believe Irene did something to you when she spliced our gene together to create you.”

“What?” Youi and Yeri ask in unison.

“The reason I summon Ryujin here is because I need her help, but I still need your consent Youi…”

Youi stares at Wendy confusedly “What…what are you talking about mom?”

“I need to run a test on you, I need to get your blood and Ryujin help me to examine you and run a test on your blood…if you allow us to.”

“Mom! You and Irene created her, how the hell do you not know what Irene did to her?” Yeri was getting angry at Wendy because she wanted to run a test on Youi like Youi is some kind of a lab rat.

“I know! I mean I don’t know what Irene did in the future, I just…I don’t want she done something that she might regret…I…” Wendy was lost, she wanted to keep the secret that she knows what happen in the future, she knows about everything, but it seems like there is distortion in her memories as she doesn’t remember that Eunjung disguise as Robin, and Irene did something that might mutate Youi’s DNA and grant Youi the super flash speed. Wendy sits down and she covers her face as she tries to organize her thought. She turns to Ryujin and Rosé “I need to talk to my daughters, can you two go out?”

Ryujin and Rosé excuses themselves and exit the examination room. Wendy invites Yeri and Youi to sit down and she takes a deep breath “Listen…what I’m about to tell you is gonna sound insane but this is the truth…”

***

Bae Company

“This is the surveillance footage that we managed to get, it indeed shows that Robin is the one that responsible in kidnapping you last night. Robin drops all of this file at our HQ, and after analysing it, we believe she did so because your company are working on illegal experiment.”

“What?! No, officer, Robin break into our facilities, took some of our samples, injured tens of our staff, for your information officer, that research facility is for the T-ARA project, you can ask T-ARA’s head regarding what kind of research and experiment they are doing here! It’s certainly is not illegal! I can show you the clause and agreement!” Said Irene to the police officer.

Upon hearing the name T-ARA the police officer immediately takes a step back “I understand Ms Bae…we will issue a warrant to catch Robin.”

“No, I want you to announce Robin as a threat to this city, not a hero.”

“We…will work on it. Thank you for sparing your time for us. We will keep an eye on Robin and her squad.”

***

“Mom is still alive…if she’s still alive why won’t she comes out and meet us? Why doesn’t she come out and stops the war?!”

“Yeri, calm down.”

“All of this is bull!!”

“Yeri!!!”

Yeri was shocked to hear Wendy yelled at her. Wendy sighs and massage her head “I believe, when the future me came here, she created an alternative timeline…the memories that I downloaded from Yves’s system from the future is a bit disoriented. I have no memories that the two of you are coming and the kidnapping incident…I remember I adopted Yeri, I remember Irene creating Youi and carrying Youi in her womb…but what had happened now, is not registered in the memories of my future self. The future me came to me because she wanted me to correct the mistake that I will make.”

“Am I your mistake?” Youi asked but she almost choke on her own tears.

“No…both or you are not a mistake…I love you both, Youi, your mother and I created you with full of hope, we made a huge mistake, we wanted to change that, and you are our only hope, your mother wanted to save those children that T-ARA experimented on. Youi, you are the key, you are the complete specimen of the super soldier that T-ARA wanted to create so much, your mother serum worked, but the government got her before she could give birth to you…you and your mother were kept in somewhere for a year and I don’t know what they did to you or your mother…the future me was lucky that an insider helps her, she was able to save you both, but your mother was weak when future me found her. That was the first time that I get to hold you Youi…and my future-self realized that if they keep you around, more dangers are going to come for you.”

“But…but you told me, mommy went away for a year because she was sick and…”

Wendy “I had to lie to you…well the future me had to lie…she didn’t want to hurt you Yeri, you were just four…and she was lost too.”

The two sisters were stunned and dumbfounded at what Wendy told them. Yeri was angry that her mother hides all of this information from her. Wendy sighs and she covers her face as she doesn’t know what else is she going to tell the girls to make them believe her.

Youi gets up from her seat and she pulls up her sleeve “Take it…”

“What?” Wendy looks up to her daughter.

“My blood, do what you want, the power that I felt the night before, I want to know why too…”

Yeri grabs Youi’s arm and make Youi face her “Youi! Are you crazy?! They are the reason why you become like this!”

“Then they can undo it too! Yeri unnie, we said that we wanted to change the future…then maybe my blood is the answer…can you trust me on this one?”

“Yeri…I promise you, I will fix what my future-self had done to you and to Youi…please trust me…”

Yeri closes her eyes and take a deep breath “We will do this together…as a family.”

Wendy pulls Youi and Yeri into her embrace “I love you both and I promise I will fix this…”

The mother and daughters’ moment was spoiled by Seulgi who walked into the room announcing “Wendy, you need to watch the news.”

Wendy turns on the TV and watches the news.

‘Is Robin a true hero or a villain? Just last night, after the failed attempt to prove that Bae laboratory is doing illegal business. However, the police rule out the possibility of the illegal business, due to the lack of evidence provided. Yesterday, Robin was seen kidnapping the heir of the Bae company. As seen on the surveillance footage that police got at the crime scene, Robin was seen dragging the heir out of her car. The police have put up an arrest warrant for Robin, and the Bae Company will give rewards to anyone that know where is Robin’s hideout.’

“What are you gonna do now Wendy? Your own fiancée is putting a bounty on us.”

Wendy gets up from her seat and she puts on her jacket she calls for Ryujin “Ryujin, you may take Youi’s blood and run some test on her. I’m going to head out for a while.”

“Hey mom!”

“Yeah?” Wendy turns back.

“Don’t forget our dinner date with mommy tonight.” Replied Yeri.

Wendy grins and she puts her thumb up “I’ll be there!” said Wendy.

***

T-ARA HQ

“The first serum is ready boss, but we don’t know if it’s work…we need to test it out.”

Eunjung flips through the report and she was frowning “Well, find someone who we can test the serum on!”

“Boss, we still haven’t received approval from the top management, we can’t test the serum yet…” said the agent.

As Eunjung tries to scold her agent, her office phone rings and she picks it up in anger “What?!”

“Boss, there’s someone here wanted to see you…”

“I told you I don’t want any interruption today!”

“She’s from the Son Consolidated…”

“…Let her in.” said Eunjung and she hangs up the phone, she then turns to her agents who is waiting for her decision on the serum. “You guys are dismiss, but leave that serum here.”

“You’re not thinking of injecting yourself with that serum, right boss?”

“What do you think? I’m an idiot? Just leave it there and go! I have guest.”

“Yes boss…”

All of the agents left Eunjung’s office and Eunjung tidy up her desk and hide the serum as she waits for Wendy to comes into her office. Wendy barges in and with no warning Wendy punches Eunjung. Eunjung stumbles to the ground with bleeding lips. Eunjung laughs maniacally and shows Wendy a thumps up.

“Wish you could have punch me like that when you’re on your custom…” said Eunjung.

“That punch is for what you did to my wife last night!” said Wendy in rage.

“As far as I know, you and here, are not married yet, just engaged.”

“You bribed those polices…the evidence I gave is far more than enough to put a stop on your illegal research!”

Eunjung laughs and she gets up, she uses the desk to support her weight to get up “I merely do what the upper management ask me to do Wendy. Don’t you realize, you have no power against us, even your ‘wife’ hated yours alter ego…Tell me the real reason why you came to meet me today. It was brave of you to come alone to my lair.”

“I want you to leave Irene alone…”

Eunjung wipes the bloods on and she turns to Wendy “Ooh, I see, protective of your wife huh, to be honest Wendy, Irene is a beautiful woman, I wouldn’t mind if I can get her as a wife too~”

Wendy grabs Eunjung by the collar and threatened her “Over my dead body...”

The smirks on Eunjung’s face scares Wendy and when Eunjung whispers “I’ll do as you wish…”

Wendy wasn’t quick enough to get away from Eunjung as the latter moves faster. Eunjung takes out the serum that she hides in her pockets and injected it on Wendy’s neck.

“What did you do to me?!!”

“I granted your wish, I shall step over your dead body and take your woman…” said Eunjung.

Wendy tries to reach for Eunjung but her vision gets blurry, she feels her body getting weak and she falls on the ground, groaning in pain. She can feel her blood rushes to her heart, as she winces in pain while holding to her chest. She starts coughing out blood and she feels cold.

“Hahm…Eun…Jung…”

The last thing that Wendy sees before she blacks out is Eunjung evil smirks.

***

Son Consolidated

Irene reaches Wendy’s office but there was no sign of Wendy around. Wendy secretary told Irene that Wendy had been out from the office since the afternoon. Irene was disappointed until she saw Yeri and Youi.

“Hey!”

“Oh Hi Mo…Irene! You’re early.” Yeri greeted while Youi shyly nods at Irene.

“Where is Wendy?”

“She wasn’t here…she hasn’t come back since afternoon.” Said Youi.

Just at that moment, Irene’s phone rings. She saw that it was Wendy’s number so she picks it up “Wendy where are you? I thought we have diner dates tonight?”

“Hey…Irene, I’m sorry, I suddenly got a call from the government, I got something to do…I can’t make it tonight, I need to fly to somewhere to attend a sudden meeting.”

“But…”

“I’ll see you when I come back.”

“…Fine.” Irene sulks and she hang up on the call, the sisters were staring at her curiously. Irene sighs and she tells them what Wendy told her.

Yeri and Youi blinks as Wendy never told them anything about any meeting. Irene told them it’s probably a last minute decision. Irene saw the disappointment in the duo’s eyes, she smiles at them and told them that they are still going to have dinner together.

***

Arrow HQ

Ryujin and Lia had been cooped up in the lab for a whole day. Ryujin had taken Youi’s blood sample and she understand what her sister meant by Youi had a weird pattern to her DNA. Not only that, the cell sample that Ryujin taken from Youi surprised Ryujin. It multiple in a very fast rate, and that’s the reason why she healed so fast.

“This doesn’t make sense Lia…her speed it doesn’t made sense.”

“We need to decode her DNA, Ryujin…but this pattern I have never seen it…”

“We need my sister’s help…” Said Ryujin.

Lia smacks Ryujin on the shoulder and tells her “Ryujinie, you have to be confident on yourself! If you keep comparing yourself to your unnie, you will never able to prove yourself to her.”

“Yeah, you’re right! We can do this!”

“Yes Ryujin, I will help you too…we can do this.”

The couple smiles sweetly at each other but unknowingly to them, Jisoo and Rosé were judging them from afar.

“Ugh…puppy love…” Jisoo scoffed while sipping on her coffee.

“Aww~ they are so cute together~ Unnie you’re just jealous that you don’t have a girlfriend like Ryujin did.” said Rosé while rolling her eyes at Jisoo.

“Well…if you didn’t reject me, I would already have a girlfriend.”

Rosé rolls her eyes at Jisoo and she walks away from Jisoo “Hey, I’m still available if you change your mind!” Jisoo shouted at Rosé.

***

T-ARA HQ Lab

Eunjung puts down Wendy’s phone and the voice changing device. She looks at Wendy lifeless body on the examine table. Jiyeon barge into the lab with rage. She went straight to Eunjung and grabs her on the collar “What did you do unnie?!! What did you do?!!”

“Testing out the serum.” Said Eunjung calmly.

“You injected the serum to the Son’s Heir!! You know if the government know about this we are doom?! Her company is the biggest weapon supply for our government! The serum is completed but it is not stable yet! More research need to be done! The top management haven’t give their approval yet! Why did you inject it on her?!”

Eunjung calmly pushes Jiyeon away and she points at Wendy “She’s still alive… I didn’t inject all of the serum into her blood stream, only half of it. I’m not stupid Jiyeon…Wendy Son will be the best person for us to test out the serum…you don’t have to worry, I already use her phone to send texts to her workers and even use the voice changing device to call her fiancée telling them Wendy is out for meeting…they won’t suspect anything.”

Jiyeon couldn’t believe what her sister in law just did, she knows that Eunjung had the ultimate power, she has all of the power in her hand. Every government department bowed to her, so no one dare to question her.

“Why Wendy…”

“Because she’s Robin.”

***

After the news about Irene’s kidnapping spread out, the citizens begin to questioning Robin’s true motive. A lot of news outlet interviewed Irene and asked her about what she thinks of the kidnapping. Irene simply told them that Robin is the bad guy, Robin is just trying to show off to the citizens that she cares about them but she didn’t. The citizens’ perception toward Robin changed and people start to despise her.

Seulgi isn’t liking the way the citizens react to it. The crime rate increases, and Seulgi couldn’t save the city alone. Despite there’s Lisa, Jisoo and Joy there to help her. Seulgi refuses to tag Youi and Yeri along because Ryujin is still running some test on Youi.

Wendy had been missing for a week, they tried to call her but no one picked up. Irene tried to report Wendy as a missing person but the police wouldn’t take her reports because there’s no evidence that Wendy had gone missing. The police use the text messages that Wendy sent out to all her employees to justify that Wendy isn’t missing. She is probably still somewhere sorting out her things.

Over the week, Irene had bonded with Yeri and Youi, the sisters convinced Irene that Wendy is missing and not attending meeting. Irene told them that the police wouldn’t believe her, they have to do the searching themselves.

Seulgi doesn’t believe that Wendy is gone for meeting. She knows Wendy wouldn’t personally attend any meeting herself. Wendy usually will send a representative to represent her in a meeting. Seulgi had been searching for Wendy the whole week. Yeri had been searching for Wendy alone because Youi needs to be at the lab to be tested by Ryujin.

***

Arrow HQ

Jennie comes by the HQ and she sighs when she sees that everyone is glooming. “The citizens are angry at us Seulgi…where is Wendy when we need her?”

Seulgi is already at her wit end, she searched the whole city, check on flight and even check on every surveillance camera around the city to find Wendy but she failed. Seulgi had call for everyone to be present at the HQ because she can’t take it anymore. The accusations and the hate Robin and the Arrow squad receive it too much on her. She was thinking to stop the mission to expose T-ARA because that’s where the problem started. She looks over to Yeri and Youi who looked at her innocently. She pitied Youi who had to be tested every day, all the experiment Ryujin did to Youi is brutal and Seulgi even asked Ryujin to stop the research and experiment on Youi. Youi wanted to continue because she wanted to know what her mother or the government did to her. She thinks it is better now for them to focus on Youi and forget about the mission.

Seulgi takes a deep breath and say “Wendy had been missing for a week now, I don’t think she attended any meeting…I will continue to find where she is. Whenever Wendy is not around, I am in charge. I made a decision…we’re not going to do this anymore.”

“What?!” Everyone said in unison.

“Seulgi you don’t understand! You need to stop Irene from continuing the research. T-ARA is just using Irene to utilize our company facilities, and now Irene is clueless of what T-ARA are doing and she blindly trust that Eunjung! If Satan is a person that person would be Eunjung!” said Ryujin in frustration.

“Eunjung knows Wendy identity, and she’s already wipe away all of the evidence that we needed to take this case to the higher court! After the incident from last week, people don’t trust Robin anymore. We ambushed the laboratory, trying to prove to the citizen of the evil that our government are doing but it backfires! Now the BAE company is putting a bounty on us!” Jisoo yells out of frustration.

“There must be a way for us to prove Robin’s innocent!” said Lisa.

“We’re shutting down this mission. We’re shutting down Arrow Squad.” Seulgi said calmly.

“We’re not shutting it down!” Said Yeri.

“If Wendy can’t do it, we will do it in her stead.” Said Youi as she stands beside her sister.

Yeri holds Youi’s hand and she looks up to Seulgi who standing above them “You cannot shut down the arrow squad or the mission.”

“I believe Wendy gone missing got something to do with T-ARA. We just need to find where are their hideout and I believe Wendy is there.” Said Youi confidently.

Seulgi sighs “You don’t understand, without Wendy, there is no arrow squad.”

“We are her legacy…we will continue what she started.” Said Youi and Yeri in unison.

“Seulgi please…trust us…” Yeri begs.

Joy stands next to Seulgi and she puts her hand on Seulgi’s shoulder “Seulgi…give the kids a chance…Wendy is their mother…please trust their instinct.”

Seulgi taps on the rails and yells “Arrow squad!” she pauses and looks around then continues “Suit up.”

To be continue…

 

Next chapter preview:

“Hey! I’m gonna get you outta here okay? Can you walk?”

Wendy is still weak, she still feels nausea, even her vision is blurry, she couldn’t keep her focus. The only thing that she could see is the name tag ‘Park’.

The agent drags her out and she was loaded into the trunk of a car, then darkness is all Wendy sees.

 

A/N: Hey guys~~ Sorry I took so long to update this! It’s a one hella long update! I was busy connecting the dots making sure everything is connected. I try to update faster~ since now that Malaysia government extended our lockdown to make it a total of 2 months lock down, yay more time for me to write~ stay save everyone…