Into the Midnight Part 1

Ghostwriter (Twice Horror Story)

I've been reading the diary for 3 days now. The author of this diary has a really good and original writing style that makes me really really enjoying it. It used to make me want to adapt this story for my next novel, but the story is too tragic...

It started about a year ago.

The author told a story about her family, The Myoui, celebrating their youngest child's birthday: Mina Myoui. It was her 'sweet seventeen'. Mina got many expensive gifts, an expensive party, and all the love from both of her parents. It seemed like it was the happiest day of Mina's life, said the author, but not so much for her older sister: Tzuyu.

A few months ago, Tzuyu didn't get this kind of party for her birthday. It wasn't even celebrated. Her parents even got mad when on that day because of Tzuyu's weird behaviors. Tzuyu, sometimes, didn't understand the fault of what she did as she was mentally challenged. All she could do, and really good on it, was writing this very diary...

Tzuyu didn't know why she was born this way, but she sure understood how much their parents hate her and loved Mina unfairly too much. They didn't love Tzuyu as much as they loved Mina.

Tzuyu didn't know what was wrong with her because their parents didn't want to take her to a doctor. Because she wasn't treated that well, Tzuyu had a hard time to always love and to understand their parents. Tzuyu realized that, maybe, it was also hard for her parents to take care of her. But Tzuyu thought that the worst part of this situation was Mina. It was Mina's perfection that made her looked even more disgusting in their parent's eyes. Mina was too perfect and she took everything from Tzuyu's life.

Mina wasn't really mean to Tzuyu, anyway. The latter realized that. Mina didn't see Tzuyu as a disgrace to their family or whatever. Mina treated her just like a normal person. They talked sometimes, although they didn't clique. That made these two siblings were not really close to each other. Mina was closer and felt more comfortable with her schoolmates and, most of the time, she was so focused on her study. She didn't really take care of Tzuyu.

Anyway, Tzuyu tried so hard to prove herself that she could be more than an autistic daughter for her parents. Tzuyu finished her school well and now she got a driving license. Those were her best achievement in her life. Now, Tzuyu could drive her family anywhere they wanted.

Although she was more treated as a driver than a daughter, Tzuyu was kind of happy about it. She was proud of herself. It was all better until Mina's graduation day. She got the best score, number 1, in the school. She also got an opportunity to continue studying at overseas. Mina's parents were really happy about it. They celebrated Mina's achievement for a straight week. They ate fancy every day and bought her so many gifts even though it wasn't her birthday. Their mother always talked about how proud she was about Mina. It wasn't just she talked like that in front of Tzuyu, but she scolded Tzuyu for being useless and not good enough for their family. Mother pushed Tzuyu to find a job so she could, at least, brought money for them. "Look at your little sister Mina. If she was a beautiful moon at the beautiful sky, you were just a star that can't shine bright enough for the night. Do you even know how to properly be a star?" her mother said. 

"I just laughed when mother said that. But deep in my heart, I swore one day I wish for Mina's death;..."

Tzuyu was just looking at Mina's photograph when she opened my room harshly. "Tzuyu, take me to the airport!" she yelled. She just had a fight with their mother because the latter didn't approve of Mina's wish to go to college overseas. Tzuyu heard that. Mina screamed some hurtful like 'Dumb Mother', 'Conservative', or ''Evil'. Tzuyu also heard how Mina blaming her that she didn't take care of me well. Tzuyu didn't know that until that day that Mina actually cared about her. She thought all this time Mina just hated her. Or maybe she just needed some reason and facts to talk bad to their mother even more.

Mina went to her room for a while and came back with a suitcase. "Tzuyu, come here! Drive me to the airport. I wanna leave this family," she said. So then, both of them left the house.

 

.. although it was almost midnight.