A Mysterious Diary

Ghostwriter (Twice Horror Story)

Nayeon and I were really sad when our mom finally passed away.

We always thought that she loved our dad so much that, only after one year of dad's death, our mom followed him.

Since their death, we were so depressed. We had lived in the same house since we were born and it was really really sad and, honestly, frustrating to keep being reminded of our parents. We could see their photos and remembered all the memories of why we were living there. Then a miracle happened. The novel I wrote finally became a best-seller. I got a lot of money from that and from my reputation as an author. I got a lot of jobs from that reputation. With this amount of money, I decided to sell this house and moved to a new one.

It was really hard to convince Nayeon to leave tho. At first, she thought we could just let it flow. But I disagree, so I convinced her for many days until she finally gave up and followed my plan. I was really sure that the tragedy wouldn't disappear that easily. That was so hard for both of us.

We needed to move on.

***

"Unnie, I'm leaving!" Nayeon says before going to her school. Meanwhile, I have nothing to do because I have no schedule today. Actually, I have one job to do: Looking for an idea for my next novel. The publisher is really happy with me and, Yoo Jeongyeon, my manuscript agent, expects high from me. She wants me to write another best-selling material. Hh... This is so stressful! I feel kinda pressured.

"Sigh. It's okay, Tana, it's okay," I calm myself, "You need to pay Nayeon's high school tuition anyway. After our parents passed away, she's your responsibility!" This is weird but I like to do a self-talk like this. I like to push myself because Ican't depend on anyone else. Nayeon's school tuition won't be hard to pay. She's already in her last year anyway.

***

Every night, I was so disturbed by the voices that I found in the ceiling of my room. Sometimes, I couldn't sleep because of it. I thought it was just rat but I got goosebumps every time the voice appeared.

Grugg... Grugg...

I heard it again! "Ohh, I must do something about this," I say while finding a ladder and get back to my room. I climb up and open the ceiling. It's so dark and creepy. I got the goosebumps again, this is so weird. I turn on my flashlights and try to find any moving things there. I can feel that something is there but... I can't see it.

I move my flashlights around and squint my eyes to look better in the dark. Suddenly, I find a book lying around there. It's rather small, like a little notebook. I take it and finally go down to my room.

After cleaning it with a wet tissue, The cover is black and very formal. I try to read the first page. It says 'Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018....'
Oh, this is a diary!

I try to read it through while laying on my bed.  I figure out that this can be the diary of the previous owner of the house. The story is really intriguing. The writing is also enjoyable to read. I feel like I'm hypnotized and cannot stop reading it.

 

I read it.

 

I read it.

 

I read it.

 

In the middle of the book, I read a sentence that moves me. It said, "....and that's how I killed my sister."
"Oh my God," I exclaimed involuntarily, "This... This is...."

 

 

 

 

 

"I can use this story for my new novel!"