DTR

Acronyms


DTR - Define the Relationship


 


You probably have read this already on my KkuChaen one shot collection. I decided to include this here as the first story for this IZ*ONE one shot collection. I wrote this during Vampire era by the way. 


Our long wait is over, BLOOM*IZ is finally coming. 🙌

 

 

 

 

 

 

IZ*ONE is busy preparing for their Japan comeback. They have concerts lined-up, several TV and radio guestings, different video and photo shoots. Their schedule is really hectic. The girls are really working hard but they always find a way to enjoy and have fun in between all these commitments.


Time flies by really fast. It's been a year since IZ*ONE is formed. The day of Produce 48 finale is the same day of Wonyoung's birthday. IZ*ONE turned to Vlive to celebrate their maknae's special day. They did that before their guesting in Aichi Impact Kpop Festival. The girls greeted Wonyoungie one by one. During the Vlive, Sakura approached Chaeyeon who was kneeling at the left side. Sakura wrapped her arm to Chaeyeon as she spoke to her. Chaeyeon then turned a bit and also placed her hand on Sakura's shoulder to answer her. When it's Chaeyeon's turn to greet Wonyoung, she got emotional and cried. The other members comforted her. Sakura caressed her head.
 

After their performance that night, the girls took the train for the next leg of Eyes on Me in Japan at Kobe World Memorial Hall. This time, they're doing two shows, one during the day and one at night. Having schedules everyday is tiring but the girls kept thanking WIZ*ONEs for coming and supporting them. For some reason, Chaeyeon and Sakura always share a moment when they are performing in Japan. They form a heart together for the fans, they link arms, they even share a hug and more often than not, they are the last ones to exit the stage. 


They didn't get the chance to do a proper Vlive for Yujin's birthday, the one they usually do when a member celebrates her birthday because they are preparing for two shows on the same day. Thankfully, they had a moment to celebrate both Wonyoung and Yujin's birthday with WIZ*ONEs at the concert. After consecutive days with schedule, IZ*ONE had a rest. 


IZ*ONE is back at the practice room after a short rest. They danced multiple times already so their choreographer allowed them a few minutes rest. During the break, they watched the second teaser for their Vampire MV together. Everyone is focused watching the video. They showed their satisfaction once the video ended. Some teasing also followed after. Chaeyeon sat beside Sakura who kept on repeating the teaser video. 


"Our Vampire center, Saku-chan", Chaeyeon spoke as she placed her chin on Sakura's shoulder.

"I'm really nervous during our shoot. It's a relief it came out well", Sakura said.

"You're a pro, that's why."

"I really like this concept."

"It suits you very well."


Sakura moved a little to face Chaeyeon. She caressed Chaeyeon's hair and slid some behind her ear. She tilted Chaeyeon's head while Chaeyeon looked at her with a confused face. 


"What are you doing?"

"You said Vampire suits me. I'll bite you then."

"That's not how you did it in your movie."

"Ah, you like that one? That's what I'll do then."


Chaeyeon is surprised by what Sakura said. Sakura looked like she meant what she said as she moved her face closer to Chaeyeon. 


"Hey, you're really going to do that here. In front of everyone?", Chaeyeon asked.

"Yes. I'll infect you right here, right now", Sakura responded.

"You're crazy."

"Crazy for you."


Sakura moved even closer making Chaeyeon step back and run away. Sakura chased her right after. The two kept running around the practice room chasing each other. They just stopped when the choreographer came back as practice is about to resume.


It's either dance practice or video/photo shoot for IZ*ONE in the coming days. They are in their waiting room as everyone is getting ready for a magazine shoot. They take turns for their solo shots. They usually use this time to sleep but sometimes, it's a time to make fun of each other. Their target for today is Wonyoung and Sakura. The two are chosen to walk the runway with other models at the Tokyo Girls Collection event. Initially, the girls were invited as guest performers but now they also get to do modelling. Wonyoung's wish to walk the runway will soon come true. It's also Sakura's first time walking the runway. Sakura and Wonyoung practiced their walk while the other members watched them. Some of the members gave their suggestions while some just kept on teasing them. They may be like this but IZ*ONE are the number one fans of each other. At the end of the day, they'll be showing their 100% support to one another.


It's the day of Sakura and Wonyoung's modelling debut. IZ*ONE will still be performing at the event. While in the waiting room, Sakura kept saying how nervous she was. Chaeyeon noticed the nervous Sakura. 


"You can do it! You're a pro, remember?", Chaeyeon encouraged Sakura.

"I haven't done this before", Sakura emphasized.

"We're here for you. I'm here", Chaeyeon held Sakura's hand. Sakura smiled.

"I know what you need", Chaeyeon said while dragging Sakura to the washroom. 

"Why are we here", Sakura asked.


Chaeyeon leaned forward to kiss Sakura's lips. Before the latter can speak, Chaeyeon leaned again for a kiss. 
"Still nervous?", Chaeyeon asked. They hugged each other before heading out of the wash room.


When they head back to waiting room Wonyoung and Sakura are being called to get ready as the show was about to start. The other members wished them good luck and promised to cheer them on. 


Chaeyeon stayed at the corner of the waiting room. A thought suddenly crossed her mind. She and Sakura have been in the same group for a year now. They started out as bestfriends even before debut. Their relationship is like a rollercoaster ride but at the end of the day, they always come back to each other. As the days passed their relationship matured but they haven't really defined their relationship. They got more intimate to each other. They hug and kiss each other, they share sweet moments together but only when no one sees them. This thought suddenly hit Chaeyeon. 


IZ*ONE's waiting room became noisy as the two models returned. Cheers from the members filled the room. They now have to get ready for their performance. Before heading out, Sakura approached Chaeyeon as she hasn't spoke since Sakura and Wonyoung returned. 


"What's the matter?", Sakura asked.

"Later. Let's talk later", Chaeyeon answered.


Chaeyeon tapped Sakura's head and smiled. Sakura was about to say something but they have a performance to finish so she held back.

 

Performing in sync is really IZ*ONE's strength. Wherever they are, the quality of their performance is always at its best. The cheers for them is incredibly loud. WIZ*ONEs is also the best in supporting them. 


When they returned to their waiting room, Sakura thought where she and Chaeyeon will be able to talk privately. She just dragged Chaeyeon to the washroom as she's left with no choice. 


"Let's just talk here. It's the safest. No one will see us here", Sakura said.

"Why do we always have to hide?", Chaeyeon asked.


Sakura is surprised with Chaeyeon's question. She wasn't able to speak.


"What are we, Saku-chan? What is this we're doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"We've been intimate lately. We're definitely not like what we used to be. But what exactly are we? Are we in a relationship?"

"It's unrequited love by Jjaeyeon."

"It's unrequited love by Saku-chan."


Sakura smirked.


"The feelings are mutual", Sakura said. Chaeyeon looked at Sakura intently. "It has always been mutual, Jjaeyeon."

"Can I call you my girlfriend now?", Chaeyeon asked.


Sakura laughed. Chaeyeon was about to argue when Sakura cupped her face.


"I have a cute girlfriend", Sakura said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


-END-