Narrow

Twelve Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I just won’t go to work today.” He walks towards Ji Hyo who’s setting up the kitchen counter while wrapping his wrist with a bandage.

Ji Hyo’s still not looking up and continues moving here and there. “How many times have you been skipping work this week? Just go to work after you go to the hospital.”

Jong Kook watches as his wife stops at one of the cabinets, looking for something. “I won’t. Besides, my wife needs me.”

Ji Hyo turns her head quickly to see him already standing behind her. “I don’t need your help.”

“Yes, you do.” Jong Kook grins.

Ji Hyo ignores him and now is looking for a stool. If she turns around, she definitely will bump into his hard chest. She can even smell his cologne now. So, she just slides herself out of his reach instead.

“Just go to the hospital, Oppa. You need your wrist checked.”

Ji Hyo feels so awkward because of the moment earlier. That's why she does the best that she can to avoid him, but here he is, keeps standing by her side. How can Jong Kook just easily forget and move on? How typical of him.

“Just ask for my help, Ji Hyo-yah.” Jong Kook is now standing in front of the cabinet that has been opened by Ji Hyo. “You need that chili flakes, right? You love your gyeran mari* with some spiciness.” He points at the small bottle at the top of the cabinet.

He still remembers. Ji Hyo is stunned for a second before putting the stool in front of him. “Move, Oppa. Yes, I need that chili flakes.”

Jong Kook still doesn’t move and just shrugs. “Just ask for my help, Ji Hyo-yah. I’ll get it for you.”

“No, I have the stool. I can get it on my own.”

“Ji Hyo-yah.” He playfully sings.

Instead of being swooned, it makes her annoyed. “Oppa, if you want to repay me for helping you when you needed me earlier, I don’t need it. Just lower your pride, Oppa, not every time only you can help me, but I can also help you.”

He’s no longer grinning. His face turns rigid. “No, I’m not repaying for what you did earlier, I just want to help. Thank you anyway for being there for me this time when I needed you.” Then he leaves. He takes his coat and just storms out of the door.

She gets it. She understands the word he emphasizes.

He hasn’t forgiven her. How can she forgive herself?

-

“Oppa! What happened? I heard you fell from the stairs.” Eun Hye runs towards him as soon as she sees him. She goes and checks his bandaged wrist and frowns.

He’s really not in a mood right now and he definitely doesn’t want Eun Hye’s attention. The conversation earlier has been bothering him. Why did he have to bring up that topic again? Haven’t they already discussed it?

“I’m perfectly fine, Eun Hye-yah. Just a small sprain.” He shows her that he can still move his arm around. “Geogjeong hajima.”

“How can I not, Oppa? When you told Ha Dong Hoon-ssi that you had to go to the hospital because you fell from the stairs, I almost followed you there.”

Jong Kook is surprised. “Why did you have to follow me to the hospital?”

“Because I thought that Ji Hyo-ssi wouldn’t. Did she?”

Jong Kook scoffs. “No.” Instead of getting worried earlier, Ji Hyo just told him to go to the hospital by himself and go to work. She didn’t even bother to ask about how he was feeling. She just used the time to argue with him.

“That’s why.” Eun Hye brings him back from his thinking. “You should come over to my place after work, Oppa. I can take good care of you.”

Jong Kook puts his arm on her shoulders. “I would, but I think I’m going to rest today. Thanks for the offer though, Eun Hye-yah.”

“Or should I come over?” She suggests.

Why is she being so persistent? She must be really missing him. At least someone does. Ji Hyo looked so peaceful as she prepared for breakfast earlier.

“You know what, I’ll think about it later. Let’s go have lunch. I didn’t get to eat breakfast earlier and I’m starving.”

“You were hurt and your wife didn’t even prepare you any breakfast? How can she call herself your wife?” Eun Hye scoffs.

Well, he didn’t get to eat breakfast not because Ji Hyo didn’t prepare it, but because of his ego. But he’s not going to correct her.

Naturally, Eun Hye takes his unhurt hand and interlocks their fingers. “Where are we having lunch, Oppa?”

-

At 12.17, they arrive at the restaurant near his office. While waiting for their orders and listening to her non-stop rambling, he sees someone familiar walks into the restaurant, with a guy and two children. It’s his wife and their daughter with Lee Kwang Soo and his daughter. How can she?

He stops Eun Hye from rambling by calling a waiter, “Excuse me, they are my acquaintances. Please tell them to sit with us.”

Eun Hye turns her head to see them. “Wae, Oppa? We’re having a date! Let them have their own date.”

Jong Kook just shrugs carelessly. “Isn’t it great to have a double date?” He watches as the waiter walks to the four of them and points at him.

To her surprise, there’s her husband, watching at her with his hawk eyes.

“Appa!” Jin Joo just immediately runs towards her father.

God, Jin Joo. Can you not. Ji Hyo wants to curse inside.

“Can we have another table? The table is too small for us all.” Ji Hyo awkwar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter