Chapter 1: Getting the Job

Sorry, But I Love You

"Hello, good day this is Juncheng Hou, manager of the idol band BIG BANG. I am calling to ask if you would like a job as my personal assistant slash intern. One of your professors at the college you attend recommended I give you ring about this position."
Idol band? Like boy band? I wonder who it is. Eun didn't know much about Korean music, especially idol bands. But Eun was in need for a job and a job that would look good on her resume is a job she should take. "Yes, this is Eun Jung Sonu. Thank you for the offer. I will gladly accept the job. Thank you very much."
"Yes yes, your professor informed me that you would accept the offer."
"Mmm. Uh, may I ask, who is the idol band that you manage?"
"Ah yes, yes. Its Big Bang." Manager Hou said.
"Big Bang? Sorry, I've never heard of them. But I have only been living in Korea for a short time. Sorry."
"No, no. Do not apologize. Your professor also told me you are not from Korea, but America."
"Mmmm, yes. I am from New Mexico." Eun was from Las Cruces, New Mexico.
"Ah. Ive never been to New Mexico. Mexico, I have. But not NEW Mexico." Manager Hou said. "Sorry, Eun, but I have a meeting in ten. I have sent one of my workers out to send information about the job to you. You should be getting them shortly. Goodbye, and have a nice day."

"Wow. I wonder what kind of tasks Manager Hou will have me doing. And an idol band?! I wonder what they sound like. Pop? Alternative? Hip-Hop? What was their name? Big Bang? Hmmm...I should search for them on the internet" Eun said to her self.
Eun went to her laptop and searched for 'Korea Big Bang', she clicked the first site on the results. The site was a fansite with samples of Big Bang's music, pictures of them, fan photos and biographies on all the members.
"Since I am going to be working with them, I better learn their names and faces. It would be very embarrassing if I didn't."
She read about all of the members. And memorized their names and faces. After she looked at some of their pictures she listened to some of the sample music that the site provided.
First she listened to the song "Dirty Cash". It sounded really odd but it had catchy tune. They seemed like an average boy band; nothing special.
She did not bother to listen to any other songs, thinking they would sound just like "Dirty Cash".

-Knock Knock-


"Ah must be Manager Hou's worker with the job information" Eun answered the door, and she was correct.


"Hello my name is Min Lee. I am Juncheng Hou's secretary. You must be Eun Sonu." Min smiled. She had such a warm smile.


"Ah yes. Hello. I am Eun. I'm pleased to meet you Min." Eun said with a glum face.


"I see. Well I have a busy schedule to attend to. Here is all the information you need to know about Mr Hou, Big Bang and about the your job. Please, come to this address at 8:00 sharp tomorrow morning." Min handed a big box of papers and files to Eun. It was so heavy Eun thought she would drop it. But she managed to hold it.


Min smiled again. Eun could tell from the minute of knowing Min she had a very bubbly personality and wouldn't want to be with someone with dull, gloomy personality, such as Eun's.


"Thank you very much. Have a nice day. Bye bye" Eun waited for Min to say goodbye and then closed the door.


The rest of the day Eun spent reading through the files and papers that filled the box Min Lee had given to Eun.